Thread: advice for a poser?

advice for a poser?

Gentlemen,

I hope you will not be offended by the following, and if you are I apologize. I am the SO of a MTF CD. We thought we'd like to try going out some time with me dressed in a more masculine way. The problem is, I don't want to be the female version of some of those MTFs out there who put on the mini skirts, fishnet stockings and 6" spike heels (in other words WAY over the top trying to fit their personal stereotype of what it means to be the other gender). Another problem is that he is 5'10" and I am only 5'4". On the positive side, I don't have much chest to speak of, but further on the negative side I have big hips and an even bigger butt. So....if at this point you aren't so offended by my blatant ignorance that you've stopped reading, can you offer any advice to a lifelong tomboy who'd like to dress as a guy now and then to make her SO happy? I don't want to spend too much money (he does plenty of that...he has 19 pairs of shoes...not counting his guy shoes!) on a wardrobe, but I would like to get something nice (suit?) to complement his nicer dresses. Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Moses

advice

The new look for men complements any shape. Get some nice pleated Dockers and a tailed shirt that you can wear out. Guys love the fact we dont have to tuck in our shirts anymore, hides the imperfections. As for your MTF companion, have her wear some nice ballet style flats. You will both feel and look sexy together. Hope this helps. P.S. dont forget the flowers

Hey, Moses:

I think your best bet would be a suit or at least a blazer over a pair of plain pants (or even jeans) and a tie on a plain shirt. It shouldn't cost too much, the blazer or suit jacket would help hide the hips and butt (trust me ) and the tie is the definitive masculine clothing article, IMO.

And if you get the outfit together, please share a pic with us - I'd love to see that.

As for the height thing, Dudley Moore was about my height (5'2") and dated very tall women . . . made all the other guys jealous.

P.S. Your post is not offensive at all.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with Lex on the shirt and tie combination being your best bet here. Also, pay attention to your mannerisms and facial expressions, and any accessories that you have - watch, jewellery, wallet etc. Add into that stuff like making sure that you pay the bill, go to the bar to order drinks, open doors etc, and you should be all set for a great time!

If you wanted to add facial hair, there's good tips on drag king sites - it's not easy to do, but can be very effective if done well.

Enjoy yourself, and as Lex says - we wanna see the photos!

Dave

Silver Member
    You've got some good advice and ideas from the other forum members, but also notice what other guys your age and size are wearing. Consider an open collared shirt, loose fitting light weight pullover sweater or blazer jacket, khakis or jeans (not tight fitting), and loafers with dark socks. Be sure to use a great smelling guys deodorant and cologne, carry your wallet in your back pocket, have your fingernails short and unpolished, and don't smile too much.
    Finally, go out and have lots of fun!
    Enjoy life, Chari

Low heeled calf high black boots from Army/Navy stores really set any outfit you choose, the bike riding kind.
    If you are wondering where to shop try some of the thrift stores. They have tons of men's formal & casual blazers, pants and shirts you can mix up without having an SA bothering you, not to mention far less that off the rack.
    Belts if the outfit calls for it, a medium width that is simple buckle works too.

[SIZE="1"]**lifelong tomboy [/SIZE]
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

A famous fashion icon once said "No one looks unattractive in a suit".

And that is true. Honestly, male or female, whoever you are, it's all good. If you think you have a wider behind then can be justifiable for a man, then a black suit will also go along way in giving you a more manly shape (the shoulder pads in the top won't hurt either).
    It's really sweet you want to do this with your partner. I'd suggest you actually try browsing in men's sections in department stores (or online stores >>). In other words, window shopping. You don't want to be over the top? Look around and find a style that suits you and your personality. Once you figure out what look you want to aim for, it should be easy to work something together.

thanks!

Gentlemen,

Thanks for all the advice. Well, I dove in and did it. Let me know what you think. Baby steps. I guess my next step is to upgrade from jeans to khakis.

Moses

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...16#post1329416

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for all the advice. Well, I dove in and did it. Let me know what you think. Baby steps. I guess my next step is to upgrade from jeans to khakis.

Moses

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...16#post1329416
    Wow, you guys look great! What a cute couple.

Well done, both of you. Since you asked, I think Moses is a cool name and if it suits you why not stick with it?

Also, the comment about the beer . . . it depends on which brand you tried. Some are pretty good and some are just stuff I wouldn't even wash the car with, you know? No matter what Trey says, stay away from Bud Light.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You both look fantastic! Great idea to wear a white t-shirt under a shirt - that's something I should have mentioned really, it's a definite male signifier. Sounds like you both had a great time - bet ya can't wait to do it again, huh?

Dave

Update?

Hi Moses

Do you have an update on your wish to dress more masculine for your CD SO? Is this something you would like to do more of? Good luck and keep us posted.

no update yet

Quote Originally Posted by Coquette View Post
    Hi Moses

Do you have an update on your wish to dress more masculine for your CD SO? Is this something you would like to do more of? Good luck and keep us posted.
    We just got back from a two week very drab (in the dressing sense) vacation with the kids, but we are going to Seattle this weekend, so I might try it again. I'll let you know how it goes if I do!