Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painted toenails

Banned Read only

Painted toenails

Some of you probably read my post about "Man sighted in ladies bathing suit", and it got me thinking about the whole confidence thing... The guy obviously didn't give s... about what anyone thought, so I got to thinking about wearing some discrete toenail polish to the pool (I'm not ready for the ladies bathing suit yet ) The only problem is, I have pre-teen kids, and an ex-wife who would throw a hissy fit if she knew... What to do?

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Wear a color close to your nail color, soft pink or for fun a light gold. Wet N Wild has some nice colors that will work.

FAB trying to understand Paularus85's Avatar
    A very hetro and macho guy living near our home walks around with his girlfriend all of the itme with his toes painted a wild color like dark blue or organge.I saw a show on TV (dirty Jobs) where a guy takes off his boot at a construction side and he had red toes, so go figure. You have just given me an idea for my sweetie. I am going to suggest that we do each other toes this afternoon. I like red I hope he does too.

[SIZE="3"]Don't endanger you relationship or you arrangements you have with the kids.
    If your ex knows about your dressing then it may be ok! please use your untinted: ie pink - judgement.
    [/SIZE]

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Mine are always painted. ULTA's "Wedding Rose" right now. My wife recently changed jobs, and when I was dressing to go to the pool at the gym one morning, she remarked that she couldn't believe I was going with my nails polished. Heck, I've been doing it since March, and she see's them painted at night but never mentioned it before.

Anyway, no at the pool has said anything.
    DonnaT

Mine stay painted a light pink most of the time - but heck I'm mostly around the geriatric crowd and they don't see very well anyway...

I go to the gym a lot and during the winter always have my toenails painted. I do a lot of swimming at that gym and have only ever had one comment about my toenails. I just stick with fun colors like blue, orange, teal, and green. I guess nothing too girly but they are still painted and anyone can see them.

I have just started doing my toe nails with clear polish. For now, that's what i"m going to continue. Maybe someday I'll venture out with pretty pink toenails, but I'm not ready for that yet.
    warmly, Linnea

I go out a lot with open toe sandals on and my bright red toes showing. In fact last Feb, wife and I were on vacation. We went to a water park where they have a man-made river which you can float down in tubes. I forgot my water shoes but wife and I went floating anyway. We were on the river for about 2 hours among tons of women, men, and kids. The whole time my Bright Red toes were showing. Not once did I get a stare or a word. No one pointed fingures or anything. After worrying for the first 1/2 hr, I relaxed and enjoyed the river float.
    BTW, no one seems to notice I have long acrylic nails either. My nails now stick out over 1/4" past my tips. I also keep them polished a Pale Pink.

Aspiring Member

Be careful around your children.

I have done my nails for years and when summer arrived in the past my polish disappeared. This year I started having my nails done professionally and have loved the bright and vivid colors. I plan on keeping my nails polished the entire summer but with two teenagers living at home, I must be very, very careful.

This past week (Tuesday) I had major surgery, so the previous Friday I visited my nail salon to get a fresh coat of polish and be prepared for my hospital stay. Just prior to going into the operating room, the nurse was preparing me with those spandex socks to help prevent blood clots and lo and behold there were my brightly painted nails. My wife was just a few feet away and we both heard, "oh, my!". That was the only comment made by any of the hospital staff; pehaps some privately but even the "oh,my" was just a comment of surprise.

The general public will keep most of their comments to themselves but your children will notice and comment and question why. Be prepared to give answers.

socks

my son who just turned 6 just noticed that my toenails were painted pink and i told him my girlfrind painted them when i was sleeping and didnt have any thing to take it off with. i live alone . i asked him not to tell he laughed . and then he just watched his pokeymon movie and forgot it . i hope . when i told the girlfrind she said maby i should not paint them when its worm and where socks in the winter.

Paint them black... Then everyone will just think your a hip goth type....
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-01-2008 at 09:38 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by victoriamwilliams1 View Post
    Wear a color close to your nail color, soft pink or for fun a light gold. Wet N Wild has some nice colors that will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    I have just started doing my toe nails with clear polish. For now, that's what i"m going to continue. Maybe someday I'll venture out with pretty pink toenails, but I'm not ready for that yet.
    I just had my first manicure and pedicure two months ago. With a clear base coat, the difference was AMAZING! I have kept my nails looking younger and in good shape since. I need to schedule another pedicure. When I do I might pick a natural nail color or stay with the base coat.

I went to my new Doctor for the first time and he wanted to see my feet, check for pulses etc.. and had mine painted a very nice pink. I didnt care and didnt react either. He didnt seem to care. I know, professionalism and all, but I would have said " Hey, lovely color , do them yourself??" But that's me

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnnDallas View Post
    I go out a lot with open toe sandals on and my bright red toes showing. In fact last Feb, wife and I were on vacation. We went to a water park where they have a man-made river which you can float down in tubes. I forgot my water shoes but wife and I went floating anyway. We were on the river for about 2 hours among tons of women, men, and kids. The whole time my Bright Red toes were showing. Not once did I get a stare or a word. No one pointed fingures or anything. After worrying for the first 1/2 hr, I relaxed and enjoyed the river float.
    BTW, no one seems to notice I have long acrylic nails either. My nails now stick out over 1/4" past my tips. I also keep them polished a Pale Pink.
    JoAnn, you and I have a lot in common. My toes are almost always a bright color, which is always feminine! I wear open toe sandals a good part of the time in warm weather, everywhere I go. Occasionally get a comment about my shoes (like,"love your shoes") but never hear about my toes. I also have acrylic nails, same length as your and always a pale pink. Had a Priest at my Church comment on how pretty my nails were and he wanted to know where I got them done. He has since had his done the same way. He teaches Yoga, and wanted people to concentrate on his hands! Good excuse for a nice manicure!!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I always have mine painted gold and no one seems to have noticed - at least no one has commented.

Apparently men having painted toe nails is a lot more common than you would think. After seeing one newspaper article about it I did a search of news items on the web and came up with heaps of media references. You can have two takes on that. Either it is quite common and men paint their toes nails on a regular basis or else that it so off beat that it is still newsworthy.

Just paint your toenails a nice red color and wear show them proudly in open-toe sandals. It is no different then men wearing earrings of having tattoos. It is simply a form of body adornment. Regarding the black polish, I have women friends that are in their 50's and they think that black polish is really weird and would rather see red or pink on my toes in guy mode. It is not really a big deal. We make it a big deal in our own mind! If anyone asks you about your painted toenails, just tell them that you like having your toenails painted. They are your toes, why worry about what other folks think about them? That is what guys did when they started wearing earrings. They just did it and if asked they said "because they like it". It is really that simple. I really recommend not making it so difficult. You will get a lot of compliments from women on your painted toes if you go with a traditional color like bright red or bright pink. Black on the other hand has not been so well received in my case. MY women friends think it is weird. I also recommend getting a professional pedicure and having the red polish professionally applied. It is very enjoyable to be pampered and sit there in the nail salon with toe separators in between you toes waiting for your red toenails to dry.

Jamie
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Oh to have my toenails painted again.

I have been sighted in my bikini, toenails painted...but these days martial arts keeps my feet bare, and I'd rather not take the chance in this conservative town......
    Last edited by Scotty; 06-16-2008 at 12:28 AM.
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

You may be interested to know that Chuck Liddel (UFC) keeps his toenails painted pink. Google for this. What is the big deal about painted toes? It is just paint. I wear open toe sandals 24/7 in male mode and get a lot of compliments from women. Guys just ignore it just like they ignore earrings on other guys. It's not really a big deal, certain less so than facial piercings or wild tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Oh to have my toenails painted again.

I have been sighed in my bikini, toenails painted...but these days martial arts keeps my feet bare, and I'd rather not take the chance in this conservative town......
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

sissystephanie.......Right now the nails on my hands are the longest they have ever been. I am keeping the long because this Saturday is my Tri-Ess chapter Annual Banquet/Prom. I plan on having my nail solon tech polish them the same color as my toes which is usually a Bright Red. I know the following Sunday I will have to take off the polish, but for one evening it will be worht it. LOL I also plan to out myself to my nail tech because I would love to have her do the works on me and I fully dressed en fem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Just paint your toenails a nice red color and wear show them proudly in open-toe sandals. It is no different then men wearing earrings of having tattoos. It is simply a form of body adornment. Regarding the black polish, I have women friends that are in their 50's and they think that black polish is really weird and would rather see red or pink on my toes in guy mode. It is not really a big deal. We make it a big deal in our own mind! If anyone asks you about your painted toenails, just tell them that you like having your toenails painted. They are your toes, why worry about what other folks think about them? That is what guys did when they started wearing earrings. They just did it and if asked they said "because they like it". It is really that simple. I really recommend not making it so difficult. You will get a lot of compliments from women on your painted toes if you go with a traditional color like bright red or bright pink. Black on the other hand has not been so well received in my case. MY women friends think it is weird. I also recommend getting a professional pedicure and having the red polish professionally applied. It is very enjoyable to be pampered and sit there in the nail salon with toe separators in between you toes waiting for your red toenails to dry.

Jamie
    I completely agree with this, just show off your toes, it really becomes a lot of fun. I love going out with exposed toes, you can tell the world that you don't care what they think, you're doing what's comfortable. I usually go with red or pink, but I can change it up sometimes. A lot of women compliment them in public, I love it.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

When my nails are healthy (a rare thing ) my wife paints them a kind of mother of pearl. I love seeing them when I wear sandals and, if anyone asks (which has happened only once) I tell them my wife painted them. Most people don't give it much thought in my experience.

Banned Read only
    OK, so here I am thinking "what the heck!". My toenails are freshly painted bright red, and I like them that way.

I probably look like a werewolf with red toenails, or at the very least like an eccentric middle-aged guy...

Who honestly is going to make a comment? Am I going to get ridiculed, beaten up, murdered?

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    Well i have baby pink toenails and clear fingernails right now ( in fact my fingernails are over 1/2cm long ( maybe even closer to 3/4cm ) - ALL OF THEM, they have been growing for over 8 weeks now and i have no plans to reduce their length ( ok keep them tidy but not cut them )

Go for it !

I've got the Blues for Red

Mine are painted "I've got the blues for red" by OPI. I go to yoga, barefoot of course at our city rec center and no one has ever said a word. My wife was concerned about finding out that a good friend of hers was in my yoga class. Nothing has came of it. I also went to Victoria B.C. and went everywhere in drab with sandles and red toes. Again, nothing.
    I have toned back a little for the summer and will be wearing a natural coat most of the summer. But just talking about this has me seeing red. OPI of course.