Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving update

Shaving update

Hi everyone.

Well, I made the commitment to myself last September when I started shaving regularly, and today was the first consistently hot day this year in the Northeast. It was time to put up or shut up...

I was out and about all day, even went to my favorite watering hole late in the afternoon. In shorts.

To all of you considering taking the step, as far as I can tell, you have nothing to worry about. If anyone noticed(and I don't care if they did!) They didn't say anything.

Success! And the breeze on your legs feels so good. Should have done it years ago.

Hugs,

Melissa

lonly sheiligh
    good for you girl i wish it was as nice here in mich, wet cold, breezy not a good day for shorts, i'm glad you enjoyed your self!!!!luv sheiligh
    smile, be sweet, enjoy life, and be who you are today, yesterday is gone, and tomarrow may never come!!!!!

Melissa, you are so right! No one really cares. And doesn't it make you feel good?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Unhappy

Not every male has mohair stockings. Some dont even have a hair on their legs anywhere. Most genuine athletes shave or wax as they have regular massages on the legs and follicle-itis is very painful,and ugly, for a long time, like massive ingrowing hair, big red and ugly and as I said ,painful.
    Rhonda

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Good for you! I'm thinking about taking the plunge, but I'm not sure my GF would like that much - she claims she likes my hairy legs.

No one has ever questioned my hairlessness either, and as far as I know it has never even been noticed.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

I shaved my legs two weeks ago That was a DARE. However, my wife seems a bit suspicious about that but seems to try to ignore.
    Now, from online, I purchased Nair roll on type. I'm excited to try this on my legs.
    Girls, do you ever used this Nair?
    Life would be much happier if you know http://planet.daum.net/crystal_sub.

Nair(at least the cream) burns me. I just shave.

Hugs,

Melissa

BURN????? really????
    Life would be much happier if you know http://planet.daum.net/crystal_sub.

Platinum Member
    hairless you go girl most of what we fear is from our own fear...what guy is going to tell you he was checking out your legs in a bar any way????

Wink shaving

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A.
    Hi everyone.

Well, I made the commitment to myself last September when I started shaving regularly, and today was the first consistently hot day this year in the Northeast. It was time to put up or shut up...

I was out and about all day, even went to my favorite watering hole late in the afternoon. In shorts.

To all of you considering taking the step, as far as I can tell, you have nothing to worry about. If anyone noticed(and I don't care if they did!) They didn't say anything.

Success! And the breeze on your legs feels so good. Should have done it years ago.

Hugs,

Melissa
    I like two shave my legs because I like the way they look shaved and I'm not all that crazy about hair on most parts of my body anyway. I have had people take notice at times and think that it was strange, but that was far and few.
    To all the ladies I have met here farewell for now.

Yeah Crystal, Nair can leave quite the burning sensation for a while, leave red skin, or even little red bumps. I don't want to completely trash this product, as I'm sure some have success with it. It wouldn't be on the market, otherwise. Maybe some others have tried it and had positive results? Still, would test a small area, first.

Hugs,

Melissa

Jenifer1961
    --------------
    Girls, do you ever used this Nair?
    ----------

yea, and never again will i use it! i even followed the direction and didnt leave it on to long, my skin hurt weeks after that, and it very painfull for me... and be very carefull, do NOT let any get in your EYEs, it will damage your eyes..

Some people it may work ok for.. I try a test first.. do a little on a spot and see what happens.. better it only hurt thar\t little spot than hurt allover...

I've used Nair - actually it was a competitor - and I have had mostly good results. The bottle said leave on for 4-6 minutes and no longer than 10, then gently wipe away. For me and my Chewbacca-like coarse hair, it takes 8-9 minutes and a bit of wiping to get rid of it. Make sure you don't rub it in too much. Once, it left a nasty rash that lasted for a few weeks, but otherwise it seems to work ok. Shower afterwords and rinse with looooootttttttsssss of water and use your hands before you even consider soap/wash cloth/loofa/etc. It is basically sodium hydroxide (a serious base - ie Lye) and burns your hair making it very brittle. It sounds nasty but I use it on my bum and have for a while now. Keep it away from "sensitive" areas.

Alie
    The feeling of shave legs (or however much you would like to remove) is a feeling of release from one gender to the other. The sensation comes after being covered with a growth that was not welcome and replaced with what one wishes for. To bad we just don't have a set of buttons on our bodies to turn off or on the qualities that we would welcome.

"To bad we just don't have a set of buttons on our bodies to turn off or on the qualities that we would welcome."

That is the best idea I have ever heard! Now where is that nasty body hair "off button"????!?!

waxing

I've tried Nair and that was ok but i really want want something that lasts longer. I do love having very smooth Legs and chest. I'd realy love to be a playboy bunny.
    Hugs girls
    Mia lynn

the Veet Rasera system works good for me. Lot less caustic then Nair. And it comes with a bladeless wiper to get the cream off. Used it until I found a home waxing product that works wonders!

Deeaz
    I always shave Nair never worked all that well for me. I also stay shaved all the time don't like having hair on me,I have never had any comments at all and I wear shorts at least 6 months a year due to the heat here, oddly enough I would never wear shorts before I started shaving.

Well the big test was did my kids notice and they haven't said anything. I have kind of blond hair and was never very hairy anyway. So I did not have much to shave but it does feel good

I was away for five nights, came home to a sewer backup, ran out to Canadian Tire for the professional sewer opener, in my shorts... if anyone noticed, I didn't notice. I really doubt anyone notices, and if they do notice, I doubt they care. I shave regularly when I bath. (My bath has no shower). No red bumps. I just like the feeling of smooth legs. wenda.

Hi ladies, I have just used (for the first time I might say) Intutituion by Schick. It has the skin conditioning solid in the shaver itself, soooooo smooth, but first I use my beard trimmer to cut through the old growth forest, then a nice bath and Gillete for Women Satin Care shaving gel with the scent being Oceania, then to the paint dept and do my toes with a nice dark pink, the panties are black with Stayfree Maxi pad with wings, damn I feel so smooth and sexy and as soon as the toe paint drys I'll put on my Nice Touch lycra sheer Thi-Top stockings, and probably have to change the pad before too long and good as I feel. Enough of the brand name commercial huh. amber

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A.
    Nair(at least the cream) burns me. I just shave.

Hugs,

Melissa
    Plus it stinks to high heaven! If you use it - be sure you can open a window or everyone within 100 yards will know you used it

Better than shaving ... sugaring or waxing. Shaving just makes the hair grow back darker and more coarse. If you have a high tolerance for pain <G>, one of the epilators works well.

Just to add to my last, in some ways my age and health problems are a help with the hair issue on those rare occasions I can actually dress.

First, because I have to wear a nitroglycerin patch on my chest every night - in a different spot - I have to keep my chest hair free or it's murder getting the patches off. They hurt! So... it's a simple process to remove ALL hair on chest and stomach ... "because it looks rather stupid having a hairy belly and bare chest, doesn't it, hon?" Ahhh... but it gets better! A reaction from some of the 12 meds I have to take is I itch every place I have hair. So that small amount of back hair is removed by my wife, and my arm hair (mostly gray) is trimmed down with a barbers trim shear so it barely shows. Due to years of athletics, being taped and wearing tight pants I have almost no hair left on my legs and what little there is is quickly removed with the barbers shears again - by my wife.

After years of this almost nobody even notices, and those that may have never said anything or even hinted. Look at all the athletes who routinely wax their entire bodies ... swimmers/divers, bikers, body builders, players who tape almost never have hair, and even guys who simply work out at gyms have taken to removing body hair for a cleaner look with approval from their SO's.

It's a no brainer! Get it off!

I'm not worried about complete strangers noticing. Most of them, if they even notice, won't care - and will probably even assume you do not naturally have any leg hair!! For me, the problem is people I already know. Someone made a comment once and I just did not know what to say. Perhaps the best defense against that is to act uninterested in it.