Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screwing up my cross dressing time!

Screwing up my cross dressing time!

I usually get a lot of time to cross dress because I travel for a living as a Field Service Engineer. When my company sells some of the larger and more complicated systems, I go set them up and train the customer, and when our stuff breaks, I go fix it. Well, my company is in the process of hiring someone in the Detroit area to start "taking some of the load off" of me, and reduce our travel expenses. When they get him on board (like days from now), I'm supposed to take him everywhere I go and give him on the job training.
    This is gonna be awful. The only redeeming point in having a job that keeps me away from my family so much was that I DID get to be me so much. So the next few months are out while I train him. After he's trained, I will presumably travel a lot less too, so I guess I better get used to being a guy! lol
    Of course now I'm also scared because just why would they keep me around if they have someone to do all the work I've been doing?

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Aw, look on the bright side: maybe you'll be more valuable after you've done a good job of training the new guy. And I'm sorry this will cut down on your dressing time, especially when you're away from home. Does underdressing do anything for you?

Keep your chin up. Maybe things won't be as bad as you think.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Morgan View Post
    Aw, look on the bright side: maybe you'll be more valuable after you've done a good job of training the new guy. And I'm sorry this will cut down on your dressing time, especially when you're away from home. Does underdressing do anything for you?

Keep your chin up. Maybe things won't be as bad as you think.
    Thanks for the hugs.
    Nah, under dressing is pretty much just a torture to me. It would be like a constant reminder of what I want to be, and how I want to present myself.

It would seem that maybe the good news is that I might be home with my family more often, but I worry about my job security now. Why keep me if they have some new guy close to the customers to do all of the work I've been doing for the last three or four years?
    Sigh . . .

hmmm.... maybe the new guy will not be such a great student and you will still have to visit customers for anything but the most trivial task. I hope you find some other way to get out.

idea

Just dont tell him everything you know. I've been there, train a replacement. I will not go down that road again. Just give him the basics and nothing else. Kind of showing my claws here. Keep yourself valuable to the company.

He probably won't look forward to all of the travel and time away from home, like you have. He probably won't last and you will be back having fun in a short time.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

well this could be a start of something better for you in the long run . and who knows he maybe a cd'r too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member

I'll miss your adventures!

Only you know if your job is in jeopordy, just go over and read your job reviews and poll some of your customers. I'm sure that they are with your service and expertise. How do I feel this way? Because of the great stories that you share with us about your adventures in all the great cities where you do your job. I look forward to your posts and replies. Don't let the fact that you won't be as active in your crossdressing stop you from keeping in touch.

Kimber... I know some "people" in Detroit.. Just say the word.. everything will be taken care of.
    Of course that wouldn't stop the company from hiring somebody else.
    It all kinda sucks.. hope it all works out for you.

Ahh, my dear, it means they are going to promote you! They do not want talent such as yours wasted in the field. Welcome to CORPORATE!

Perhaps your new position will also involve travel? What kinds of jobs are "ahead" of you? How much input do you have?

I know this has to be a potentially frustrating development, so I'll pray for you. I have found that God's plan always ends up being even better than mine, so maybe this is the same kind of deal.

OK... here's your solution!

1) find some reason to get rid of this guy

2) I'll come waltzing it with a resume that is PERFECT for the job (with your help)

3) You train ME on the job. Every night we go shopping then hit the clubs.

4) We both live happily ever after. You spend Summers up here in VT, my SO and I come to TX to visit you when the nights get too long and cold in the Winter.

So... what should I start learning how to do? (I'm a quick learner).
    Last edited by Cristi; 06-02-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Training

Hi Kimberly,

I always hated having to train someone for a lot of different reasons, but honestly I would not worry about being replaced. If business is that good for your firm, you could not possibly do it all yourself anyway. I know, I used to be the "ONE" My ex-boss used to joke that if I wanted to take a vacation I would have to leave my brain in a jar on his bookshelf. And besides this also gives you more chances to being able to plan a real vacation and now you will have converge.

I once went four years without a vacation. I was a basket case by the time I go to take one.

Best of luck!

Hiya Kim...

Try to keep in good spirits & keep an open mind. When you first start training him evaluate how quickly he catches on and if it appears he'll be big threat -
    sabotage his success.
    His success will only be as good as you allow it to be. Let the bosses see that your travel expenses will be less expensive in the long run than having to correct his mistakes.

Ethically & morally it may be wrong, but lets face it, having good morals don't always pay the bills.

Nicole
    "Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. Are you going to grow flowers or weeds?" author unknown.

They could be preparing you for management. No travel but a nice big pay raise.

KIM

that's sad but you will adjust and bounce back maby you can come out to ca and do the town again i no you have a lot of friends here

susie

I think they have something different in store for you, Kimberly... US Sales Manager. If I were you, I'd start getting your business skirt suit wardrobe in order.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Hey Kim, I'm sorry to hear that you personal time will be cut into. With the price of gas doubling here in the states, I'm sure many companies are adjusting their travel strategies. It's a fine line right now between having 2 FTE's travel less, than 1 FTE travel 100%.

It kinda amuses me to see the "welcome to management" replies. I really don't mean to offend anyone, but if you've been in management, and been in the field, you would know who makes more $$$$. The only reason to do management is because your temperment fits it. (not that it happens like that all the time... but that's another discussion!)

I've always tried to have open, honest communication with my managers. So far it has worked out for me, I hope that your fears are not realized and you can continue to do what you like to do.

Shannen

Hang in there Kimberly, I hope things work out for you

I wouldn't say that they're about to give you the flick.. They're probably seeing that you spend so much time away from your family that you deserve to have your load lightened. As torturous as that sounds, it's probably a good thing and you may get the chance to what you want where you want for longer even. (say for example you cover the east coast and the new guy does the west coast or visa versa)

I wouldn't start feeling for the knife in the back just yet.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Don't worry

Well, my company is in the process of hiring someone in the Detroit area to start "taking some of the load off" of me, and reduce our travel expenses. When they get him on board (like days from now), I'm supposed to take him everywhere I go and give him on the job training.

Didn't I tell you? - the new 'guy' is me!... It's going to be great, we can go out shopping together..... and you can show me the sights !... well I wish it was true..

I think in the long term things won't change too much for you as they will get this guy to cover the north areas and you the south. At the end of the day you will still be more experienced and that's what counts when it comes to problem solving. In that respect he will always be way behind you so I wouldn't worry about job security at all.

But I know what you mean, you won't be having too much fun while you're training him... lets hope he's a fast learner..

Suzy

Just remember that the new guy will know how to fix some things, but won't have your years of experience. And I agree about training someone too well! Don't train him badly, but don't train him to take your job either! If you come to Boston with him you can use me as an excuse to get together by yourself with "an old friend"!
    Sally

Bummer

Change can be a hard, but in the end you will work it out. You'll find a new balence for Kimberly and you may not miss the travel as much as you think. Seems like the company doesn't want to lose you by burning you out, that is not a bad thing. Kris

Spending time on the road with people is good and bad. I can clearly see the bad, but what if this person is really an amazing person who is very open. I just came back from a two week business trip with 12 people. We saw each other every day for hours. There was one person (granted a female) that I would be comfortable sharing my crossdressing with and even going out with. (in a social way) Maybe, just maybe, the person would be like us!!

Or maybe, when you come to Boston, we could hook him up with someone to visit the city while you hung out with the Sisters of Boston!
    Kristen

Silver Member
    Hey Kimberly, Sounds like you are in a mixed emotion situation! As others have said it may all be a reorganization of territories to service the customers faster and more economically. Asking the corporate higher ups what their long term plan is for you wouldn't hurt. If they refuse to talk or give you a non informative answer, start redoing your resume! I've been there - awarded the companys best field rep many times, training others in all facets of my position, working many extra hours, and hoping to get a promotion but getting the "boot" instead. With all the many down sizings, mergers, and cutbacks, you must take care of YOU! Keep us posted as to what is happening.
    Hugs, Chari

What a bummer just when you get a good thing going it gets screwed up why would he let you go I'd die if my dressing time was cut way down maybe you can still do some travel time in.good luck Kimberly love ya hun.
    Angie