Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Were you ever punished or told off for dressing as a child?

Banned Read only

Were you ever punished or told off for dressing as a child?

My mother never knew.

My dad whupped me like a red-headed stepchild when I was four. If that counts?

When I was 5, I started wearing my sister's clothes while she was at school. My mom yelled at me. She caught me many times and threatened to cut my "guy part" off if I wanted to be a girl so badly. At the time, I liked the idea!

She kept finding the clothes, but never actually saw me in them. She KNEW I was wearing them. She would find them in MY bed or MY dresser. Nothing she would do or say would stop me.

When I was a teen, I had a job collecting trash. That gave me the opportunity to "borrow" clothes I found on wash lines! My mom found my stash of women's clothes and threw them away. I moved out of the house soon after.

I never got spanked, grounded or punished. It wouldn't have mattered. When I recently came out of the closet, she was UPSET and hasn't talked to me since. She claims she doesn't remember finding the clothes. She is 81 years old, but I think she remembers and refuses to admit it.

So, I wasn't punished as a child, but I have been shunned as an adult. I have been dressing as a girl for over 50 years. I can't change that and don't want to change.

Punished - severely.

I was caught around 13-14 and although not punished, I was stearnly told not to do it ever again, you can see that worked out well

Kris

I got the old "you'll do what I say under my roof" speech after my mom found oneof my sisters skirts and top in my drawer. Funny thing is mom can't take care of herself anymore now she lives under my roof.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

Quote Originally Posted by amandachick View Post
    My dad whupped me like a red-headed stepchild when I was four. If that counts?
    Such a nice way to deal with a kid's gender issues...

I got the old "you'll do what I say under my roof" speech after my mom found oneof my sisters skirts and top in my drawer. Funny thing is mom can't take care of herself anymore now she lives under my roof
    Nice. My mom lives with my younger sister. They are the two who know that are no longer talking to me. Their loss.

Kris, I hear ya.

Amanda, you should watch the movie about Little Richard. His father caught him wearing girl clothes and makeup, so he dragged Richard to a boxing ring. Richard got a beating until he passed out and his father carried him home. You can't beat the femininity out of a person.

His father said he was ashamed of his son, because he didn't walk right, didn't talk right, didn't sing right or anything. He thought the devil got into him. Richard only gained his father's respect when he became rich and famous. His mother was kind and supportive to him through it all. It was a good story.

Donna wrote:

Richard only gained his father's respect when he became rich and famous
    always amazes me how when someone makes it big, all of a sudden they gain respect from people.

My parents found my stash when I was sixteen. Grounded for life, even back and forth to my job I was chauffeured. After that I became hyper masculine, joined the army, and now I wear panties 24/7. Sometimes I wonder how different my life would have been if they would have told me it was okay. Would I have been happier? Or were they actually protecting me from the world?
    Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.

Smile

I was caught at about 11 or 12 I think (too many years ago). I was carted off to our family doctor who pronounced it a passing phase. My clothes were all given away. So years later and on my own, I went shopping and I haven't passed that phase yet!
    Jeannie (a.k.a. Black Leotards)

I think I was about 10, my mom found some of my clothes. And after an awkward talk from both my parents, I was told they would throw out all my boy clothes and buy me all girl clothes if I was going to keep dressing. I called their bluff and they never went through with their threat. I really wished they had of now, I don't know about then.
    When I turned 18 and moved out on my own, they only saw me in women's cothes, never dolled up, Just my everyday clothes.

Never caught

Only one female in the house, my mother. She helped me dress for the first time (Halloween 1984). Afterwards, I was hooked, and she was always too drunk to notice I had been trying on her clothes.

Nicole
    "Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. Are you going to grow flowers or weeds?" author unknown.

Got outed by a younger cousin. She told my grandparents. Grandpa says, "Well we won't do that again, huh." It was the late 50's. Took me 30 years to try again then it was the biggest rush I've ever had. To think of all of the opportunities I could have had in the 70's or how much better the rest of that summer could have been makes me shudder. I guess the best we can do is move forward and stop looking back to what might have been.

The first time my mom caught me with my older sisters bra on she made me wear it with nothing over it the rest of the day until my dad came home , needless to say he warmed my bottom with his belt and told me not to do that any more. (I guess that really worked LOL) The next day when I got up mom wanted to know if I wanted to wear a bra again today , I told here NO. Looking back I think I should have told her yes! Tomara

Quote Originally Posted by Tomara cd View Post
    The first time my mom caught me with my older sisters bra on she made me wear it with nothing over it the rest of the day until my dad came home , needless to say he warmed my bottom with his belt and told me not to do that any more. (I guess that really worked LOL) The next day when I got up mom wanted to know if I wanted to wear a bra again today , I told here NO. Looking back I think I should have told her yes! Tomara
    I played dress-up with my younger sisters! Little did they know it was really for me. They soon grew out of that phase but I didn't. I kept dressing on my own to this very day. Some times I wish I had been caught and got it out in the open in my younger years.

As Tomara said above I look back on many instances where I wish I would have spoken up. As recently as yesterday. My wife was buying a night gown and she ask me about the color she liked and I said what ever you like. I should have said, "if it were for me, I'd buy the pink." BTW she knows about Vivian.
    Vivian

My parents found my stash when I was sixteen. Grounded for life, even back and forth to my job I was chauffeured. After that I became hyper masculine, joined the army, and now I wear panties 24/7. Sometimes I wonder how different my life would have been if they would have told me it was okay. Would I have been happier? Or were they actually protecting me from the world?
    One of my friends was in the army, has tattoos and was quite masculine. He is now a dominant trangendered m2f with a slave.

I think you had the chance to be a guy and then be a girl and you decided that you preferred to be a girl. I understand that.

The next day when I got up mom wanted to know if I wanted to wear a bra again today , I told here NO. Looking back I think I should have told her yes!
    You should have said yes. It sounds like SHE would have supported you. Easier to say that now.

never punished, but when I was little I played dress-up once with my sister in one of her dance costumes. My dad caught me and walked away laughing uncontrollably

Didn't really affect me too much surprisingly enough, at least not enough to stop dressing!

Getting Caught.

I got caught when I was 16 by my Mom and after a bit of talk, we never discussed it again.

Isn't it amazing that a parent can spout how much they lover their child and then beat the living shit out of them just for wear some girls clothes?.

Is it any wonder why so many people equate love with pain?

I got caught many times. My parents told me once that they were going to dress me up as a female and drop me off at school. I was 9. They didn't do it but it would have been nice if they had.
    Veronica

"And the day came
    when the risk to remain tight in a bud
    was more painful
    than the risk it took to blossom"

- Anais Nin

Never got caught, but one of my friends went home once with his hair in pigtails (he had long hair like mine) and his homophobic dad started yelling at him, saying like, "I'm not paying all my bills and taxes to keep a sissy under my roof!" But that's the same friend that experimented with me in shaving his legs at that age. He was scared of his dad finding out but his mom saw them and just said, "You're gay." lol. His parents were divorced though, so his real mom and real dad had different views. He was eventually kicked out of his dad's.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

Veronica, you may think you would have liked to go to school dressed, but you don't know what may have happened. I often fantasized about it. I was certainly big enough to kick any guy's butt as I kept all my brothers in line. But I was shy and preferred not to draw attention to myself.

I never liked school and didn't even finish. I had to get a job since my mom divorced my cheatin' truck drivin' father who only came home to get her pregnant 7 times! When my mom through out my girl clothes, I moved out. Then I could dress without worrying about getting caught or having my clothes thrown away.

Serena, that is SO COOL that you had a crossdresser friend! I would have loved to have one at that age.

Red face

i remember taking a bra from the dresser, which for some reason was in the front room (thats quite strange actually i haven't really thought about it before (!) strangely compelled to put it on, (oh really?!!) reckon i was prob around ten, and i was just wearing it and watching tv in a blanket. both my mum and her boyfriend at the time came in arguing about something. anyway, they must have both seen it but didn't say anything or even double take. i was pretty embarrassed but no one said a word...
    also my ex girlfriend found out i'd nicked her pink corset from her wardrobe because she saw pics of me wearing it at a fancy dress do, that was quite funny... never got told off or punished, i don't know if people just didn't care or if they just expected that kind of behavior from me tsk tsk..lucky, read some pretty horrid things right here xx

I was once caught dressed up and my parents beat me to death with a lead pipe.

OK they didn't.
    Last edited by Julie York; 06-05-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: just in case stupid people read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Michelle View Post
    Serena, that is SO COOL that you had a crossdresser friend! I would have loved to have one at that age.
    I might've worded it wrong, he wasn't exactly a crossdresser friend. At least he didn't do it as a hobby, he just experimented a lot. He was a little more feminine than most guys, let's put it that way. I would've loved it too, but I did have a lot of girls I could tell it to at that age (still do).
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.