Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: COMPLIMENT FROM GG's

People describe conservative as old lady at church and sexy as ****ty, but there are more levels than that. If you look good in it, wear it. But remember that you wouldn't wear the sexy outfit to church.

Some people have different ideas about what good looking is. You may THINK you look SEXY in an outfit you like, but when other people see you in it, they don't think you look that great. You don't have to blend in with the crowd, but you don't have to be inappropriate for attention.

I don't wear mini skirts at my age, because I don't have sexy legs. I may see a few that look cute, but I would rather see them on my wife. I can take the advice of GG's to look my best. I am not offended when my wife tells me I look better in something else. If I am in love with something that isn't flattering, I can wear it at home.

Aspiring Member
    Once I was making a purchase and the cashiers jaw dropped. Initially I thought, great another gawker. I was wrong. She proceed to say, your hair is soooo beautiful. Not exactly cd cause it was my real hair, granted I did take a curling iron to it though.

* cut my hair for a job interview
    ** was a big mistake
    *** patiently growing it back.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Thank You Vivian

Thank you Vivian for th excellet thread. You've said some things that I think have needed to be said for a long time. To me, "age appropriate" and "blend in" are my guidlines.

While I defend the right of a sister to wear what she wants I question the taste of many when they project an "in your face" or "over the top" appearance. Do those that do this ever think of the damage they are doing to the acceptance of crossdressers? Do they care? I have the same concerns about those that wear clothing of mixed gender presentation. A frilly blouse with a beard dosnt cut it! Your labeling yourself and all other crossdressers as weird.

I'm sorry if I offeded anyone but just as I defend your right to dress as you wish, I defend my right to call things as I see them.

Vivian your a great looking lady--very feminine. Again, thank you for the great thread and a big thank you to all the sisters who supported her position.

Huggs,

Susan

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

Making my day

Recently I went to a high-end mall wearing a"nice" outfit for shopping or being in an office. I was alone in the elevator when another woman entered. She checked me out from toe (I did have great pumps on...) to head and then made a casual comment about nothing in particular. Passing like that in close quarters was a great thrill!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vivianann View Post
    I was extremely greatful to those women who complimented me on the way I dressed, and I was walking on air because I was proud.
    I totally agree with you. Fortunately for me, I've had several compliments from GGs in our Sacramento crossdressing River City Gems group about the way I dress. It makes feel all warm inside when this happens So YGG!

Yes, I agree with most folks here, there's a time and a place for everything and dressing in sexy short and somewhat revealing clothes should really be for the club, not the high street.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I've had GG's start a conversation on multiple occassions. I've also been read a number of times. It's worse when I guy tries to start a conversation. I've learned to pretty much be able to identify when I guy has read me or not when I'm approached. For the most part, I've managed to pass if I'm dressed appropriately.

I thought I'd mention one compliment in particular, where I was walking toward an ATM at a bank. I heard a car stop behind me, and all I could think of was bad news. Instead, the woman told me very enthusiastically that she loved my colors (I had on a purple and black suit). Well, this occurred on one of my 'bad' days apparently, and when I turned around to respond, you should have seen her face. I got read big time, and she looked like she was in shock. I took that as a compliment as well.

I also remember one day riding along the Mass. Pike dressed pretty provacatively. I noticed that a trucker had been passing me and then dropping back, and repeating for about 20 miles. What can I do, right? I pulled into the rest stop a while later, and didn't notice that he had followed me. I guess I thought he finally got tired of looking. I'm pumping gas, when I hear a voice behind me. He was trying to pick me up! I went into shock mode, and kept turning my head away from him. After about 30 seconds, I got too nervous, and stopped fueling to jump in my car and speed away. I wonder what he thought? I'm sure from the way he was talking that he didn't read me. I was paranoid that if I turned around he might.

I've got other horror stories, but those are for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan70 View Post
    They are correct about many of the things said.We should BLEND in with the crowd to NOT be noticed but be one of them.
    Around here, that would mean baggy sweats and a tee shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan70 View Post
    A gay hair stylist and former drag queen told me that real GG's shouldn't have hir longer than shoulder length
    Sounds like my ex-wife. "Long hair is not professional." But her boss, an executive VP at a bank, had long hair.

Patti

I stopped on my way to my Tri-Ess Annual Banquet to buy a bottle of water. The older lady behind the counter complimented me on my dress, Pearl neckless, and matching earrings. She asked what the occasion was. I told her it was a special formal Banquet. She just nodded, smiled, and said, "have a wonderful evening dear". It was one of the best compliments I have ever gotton. Don't know if she read me or not and didn't care either. LOL

What a great thread Vivian! Positive feedback is always welcome. I too dress age appropriately and have been treated like the lady I project. I have my minis and halter tops which I love to flaunt, but never in public. I know that GG's notice us and for the most part, will accept us when we look, dress, and act our age. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I just want to thank you all for the positive replies to this thread, and the wonderful private messages that were sent to me, you all are wonderful. . I hope we all can overcome our fears and be able to wear a dress out in public. I have overcome alot of fears and now I go out crossdressed almost everyday, and for the most part peaple have been accepting, with a couple of exceptions, I enjoy being a woman in public and for me it has been a wonderful experience.

At my Tri-Ess meetings we have several GG's who attend with their husbands. I always get compliments and I love it. It's also helped me to be more confident about myself when I do dress. I do have several skirts above the knee (24") but I don't think I'm ready to wear those to a meeting yet.
    -Audrey

Audrey34........I know what you mean. When I walked into the room where the Banquet was being held, one of the wives walked up and commented about my Pearl neckless and earrings. Wow twice in one night. First time was at a conveince store that I stop at on my way to the Banquet.
    Even in drab I have gotton comments about how nice my nails look. One time this lady takes my hand, holds it up so her husband could see it and tells him, "See some men do keep their nails in good shape". A little embarresing but a nice compliment. I did get the dagger stare from her husband. LOL
    Wife thought it was real funny.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I hope this is in the spirit of the topic, but I truly appreciate it when my wife, who is of course a GG (I checked ), give me advise and compliments OR criticism when I am in boy mode but still wearing all passable girls clothes. (Does that make sense?)

I really appreciate it, because I like to wear girls clothes 24/7 and at times there is this urge to push things a bit much and I need advise which helps me to realise that something that may be good at home won't work in public.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    when I am in boy mode but still wearing all passable girls clothes. (Does that make sense?)
    Toni_Lynn,

I assume that means clothes that are female but more gender neutral? (Like simple jeans and a simple tee shirt, or do you mean more than that?) But you aren't in girl mode? Is that what you mean?

Patti

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti Girl View Post
    I assume that means clothes that are female but more gender neutral? (Like simple jeans and a simple tee shirt, or do you mean more than that?) But you aren't in girl mode? Is that what you mean?
    Yes Patti -- that's exactly what I mean, and above and beyond that if things like my bra straps are visible.

That said -- since I underdress at all times, I guess I'm never 100% in boy mode

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    if things like my bra straps are visible.
    Toni-Lynn
    Yeah, because NO GG has ever been in public with her bra straps showing.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President