Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like Mother, Like Son

Like Mother, Like Son

I had a very interesting experience last month while visiting my Mom. A little background info first, my parents divorced when I was 7 years old, my father used his connections to win custody of my brother and I so I saw very little of my mother after that, maybe an aggregate total of 3 to 4 years in the past 43. She never remarried, opting to remain an independent person. Despite her forced absence we remained in touch and I did get to live with her for brief periods when my father found it convenient, the point is my mother had been out of my life for most of it, but I never doubted that she loved me and always felt closer to her then anyone else.

We are now at a time in our lives where we can forget about the past, show each other we have always cared and learn about who we are as persons. About 2 years ago I told my mother about my dressing, she didn't understand it and didn't want to see it, but our relationship remained intact and the subject would come up in the course of normal conversation and I could share a little bit more and she would take that in and process it, baby steps. Last month we hit 2 major milestones, she had been considering telling her sisters but wasn't sure how it would go over, I said, “you can tell anyone you want, it's no big secret for me and I'm not ashamed of who I am”, so she did to show me she wasn't ashamed of me either, and it turned out they were all cool with it, then she followed up with a request to go to a Tri-Ess meeting with me in Atlanta on her next visit to learn more, which also means she's willing to see Maria for the first time.

Now to the “very interesting experience”. The primary purpose of my visit was to do a little more renovations on her house and just hang out with her, but also planned an outing in Orlando so I had my “stuff” with me and broke out the beautiful plum colored evening dress I was going to wear the next night and showed it to her, she looked and said “your sh**ing me”, I got worried that maybe I shouldn't have shown it, but she went into her room and came back with a stuffed garment bag she said, “this is the formal outfit I wear when I go on a cruise” she brought out a black pants suit set that had swirls and highlights the exact same color as my evening dress. So I broke out the rest of my outfits and jewelry and my Mom broke out more of her outfits and her jewelry, and our tastes in colors and styles were beyond similar, mostly identical. It blew both our minds. She gave me several pieces of her jewelry that she liked but no longer wears, and I would have bought any one of those pieces on the spot if I'd seen them in a store.

I don't know if that says anything about genetics, or pure coincidence, but it felt good and I was happy.

Very cool!

Y'all have fun going out to dinner after you go to the triess meeting.
    DonnaT

Maria. That's amazing. I wish my mom was still here so I could tell her about Beth but she passed away without ever getting to know her daughter. Take all the time you need to be comfortable with each other and cherish all of the time you have.
    Love and hugs.
    Beth

Way cool . i wish i could tell my birth mother but she is no longer with us .
    cherish the moments you have great post ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's totally cool. All of it. Do you look alike too?

Maria,

That is a wonderful story. I'm so glad your relationship with your mother has blossomed like this.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Rose View Post
    That's totally cool. All of it. Do you look alike too?
    That's my question, too. Do you look like her at your age?
    Mary

Dear Beth and MJ I'm saddened to read you didn't get the chance to share this, it makes me more aware of how blessed I have been. Thank you for your kindness...Hugs and Love

"Do I look like my Mother?" I really don't know. When I was younger and fooling around like wrapping a towel over my head sometimes my friends would say "wow you look just like your Mom!" I know when I first shared a pic of me dressed with my Mother she was disturbed, she said I was pretty but I reminded her of "someone" she didn't know if she was looking at her Mother or her Father. I didn't share anymore pictures for a long time after that, I waited for her to ask.

My mom and I don't have the same taste in clothes. My mother-in-law thought it was weird to see me dress up, because I look like my wife and her twin sister. While shopping, a few men asked if we were sisters and my wife answered YES!

While shopping for groceries, a woman who saw us every week recognized my wife and sister, but I was dressed this time when she mentioned that the girls look just like their mother She thought I was their mother! Well, I am 17 years older than them. I liked it better when people thought we were sisters.

I love my wife's taste in clothes. Sometimes I choose things she wouldn't wear, but I would wear anything she chooses. She is a bit classier, but not too conservative. She is like a sexy secretary or dominant business woman. She and I both have sexier clothes for home. No, I wouldn't choose anything my mom wears.

It is cool that you and your mom like the same things, though. That would be such fun to shop together!

Oh, I should mention that I came home from work one day and found my ten year old son wearing my wife's (small) clothes and my breast forms. He looked VERY MUCH like his mother! He borrowed one of my wigs, too.

It was really freaky and our son could not stop laughing as he stared in the mirror. He does respect his mother and thinks she is the greatest super hero of all time. But it was really weird for me to look at my son like that. I didn't want him to be like I was and have to hide in the closet.

He is a little like both of us - looks and behavior.
    Last edited by Holly; 06-05-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts... please use the EDIT button to add content or the multiquote function to reply to multiple posts in a single post. Multiposting is not permitted on the forum.

Smile

what a great story how you ended up back with your mom

Maria, that is amazing. I never knew style could be hereditary.
    I look forward to meeting your mother when you bring her to Atlanta (soon I hope).
    Phoebe

Thanks for sharing that story, Maria. That's beyond way cool.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    Like identical twins raised apart! How cool.
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

that is wonderful Maria, glad your mother is supporive now with your crossdressing. you are a lucky girl to have your mothers blessing.

Hi Maria:

You can also take her to The Orlando or Tampa Meetings too. Guests of Tri-Ess Members are always welcome, and it just requires a "heads up," with one of The Officers.

I think your familair with Orlando's SOP. Dinner out at a restaurant Friday Night and The Pot Luck on Saturday. Your Mom might enjoy that group also.

See you the next time your down here.

Peace and Love, Joanie

You mom sounds like a great lady I'm happy for you hun.
    Angie

same but different

thats funney and ausum . I think my mom and I have the same taste in clothes also and I told her the outher day and I was told buy my aunt that we could have been sisters 20 years apart.

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    Maria that is such a wonderful story , I am so happy for you . My mother still maintains that don't want to know or see anything stance , maybe someday.

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Good for you Maria. It also gives your mum a lot more choice when shopping for birthday or xmas presents for you, lol.

Great Story, Maria!
    Sounds like she may have given you more than half of your chromosomes, maybe all!
    Vivian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Russell View Post
    Good for you Maria. It also gives your mum a lot more choice when shopping for birthday or xmas presents for you, lol.
    Good thread Maria. I outed myself to my mom last year while driving her to see her eye doctor. See seemed accepting and curious. We talked about it a lot during the drive but have not talked about it since. I hesitate to bring it up again, hoping that she will broach the subject. I guess the ultimate acceptance would be when she gives me a feminine present like Angela mentions.

My mother says I look like her younger sister. (When she has seen me at Halloween). A very nice compliment. My aunt is very pretty.
    Mary

This is an amazing and wonderfu post.
    hugs - maggie

Maria - Thanks for sharing a wonderful, touching story. I'm glad that you and your mother have stayed close and have gotten to the point where you could be open about your crossdressing.
    Talon

What a wonderful event! My mother has passed, but if she were alive today, I would wish for a relationship like the one you seemed to have developed with your mom. I envy you, but I also am very happy for you.
    warmly, Linnea