Thread: One good and one questionable.

Aspiring Member

One good and one questionable.

This morning I drove my wife to Love Field for an early morning flight to Chicago. We got up early and for the first time, she allowed me to drive her while enfemme. Even though in some of my posts I appear "so brave", I was totally excited almost giddy because this was the first time that she and I had been out in public together, she with Annie. I decided upon the casual look of flip flops (brightly painted toenails), a pair of just above the knee shorts, a cap sleeved raspberry colored top, a multi-colored scarf for my head (babooska) and some matching drop earrings. My lipstick color matched my top. To make the event even more exciting, she said that it would be okay for me to accompany her into the terminal to the security check point. I was beside myself, I couldn't believe what was about to happen. Our drive was uneventful and we chatted about what needed to be done in the coming days; you know married stuff but when we got to the airport Annie, the big sissy chickened out. I drove directly to the departure drop off spot instead of the garage. At 7 AM on a Saturday morning there must have been a dozen cars dropping off people and at least 50 people waiting in line to check luggage. I stopped the CRV among the others at drop off, my wife got out to retrieve her carry on from the back and I surprised her by getting out and helping lift the back and give her a farewell kiss. I figured that I would be soon back in the vehicle and she would be faced with taking that long journey past the other passengers after kissing her SO publicly. LOL! She called my bluff about going into the terminal, knowing that I would chicken out but I got the last laugh with a public display of affection between two women!!!!!

Here is the questionable. Last Wednesday, I was getting a hair cut (a pretty exclusive place) and my regular hairdresser made a comment that a crossdresser had come into the salon wearing a skirt shorter than hers and acting somewhat "fruity" (do you girls remember that term growing up?) and wondering what that person was trying to prove? Although my hairdresser is pretty tolerant in accepting alternative lifestyles (gay and effeminent clients are okay) she didn't understand the motives of someone wearing women's clothing. I immediately responded that most crossdressers are straight but what difference would it make either way. I also added that maybe this person was transitioning to become a female. Her replies were that she didn't know anything about crossdressers and she had never thought about any of the things that I mentioned.

I might add that I oftentimes underdress and I wear a "wife beater" undershirt over my bra and under my golf shirt. I sometimes wonder if she can feel my undergarments when she is performing her task?

She left the area for a few minutes and while she was gone I really considered outing myself to her. I was so close that I rehearsed what I would say two or three times. However, she was gone just long enough for me to reconsider that I kept my secret for another time. I now realize that the general public, no matter how much that it comes into contact with alternate lifestyles is still ignorant about us and they we need to be brave enough to let them know how harmless we are and how similar we are no matter how we might be dressed.

As you can see from my two events that I am getting braver but have only put my foot up to the ankle into the pool of public knowledge. I know that I will someday share my secret with my hairdresser but just not now.

The problem with sharing secrets with hairdressers is that they are horrible at keeping secrets. When I lived in another western town, my friends and I all shared the same stylist. She is really the nicest and best stylist that I've ever gone to, but everything said to her was shared with my circle of friends and vice versa. They spend all day looking for things to talk about. If you give them something interesting, they will have a hard time not sharing (of course, I am speaking in cliches and generalities, but people so often act as they think they are supposed to do...)

Congrats on getting to the airport with your SO! My wife is just now getting used to me underdressing... not long now before Virginia can leave the house with her.

However, given the now perfect presentation of you as a crossdresser as a contradiction to that 'fruity' version, she might have passed around a better image of crossdressers rather than the fruity version.

Maybe next time...
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Aspiring Member
    What an exciting drive to the airport for you! Your wife sounds very brave... and you are forgiven for not entering the terminal... I'm sure you must have been sure that 30 of those 50 people waiting in line were either related to you or a personal friend you didn't know would be there! Kinda like those nightmares where the crowd turns around to look at you and every face is someone you know!!!! (ok, maybe those are my nightmares)

fruity crossdressers at the hairstylist... I feel sorry for her... She probably thought it was a "safe" place to try out her personality, misguided as it was. I agree that outing yourself to the stylist probably isn't the best thing to do... but you did stick up for us, thanks!

Shannen