Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Name

Smile The Name

I've been asked by a few of my new friends how did I come up with the name Christina? To answer the question, Christina was a very special and dear friend of mine who tragically died from breast cancer at 32 years old. I honestly don't believe she was even capable of hating anyone no matter how ugly or evil the person may be and even to her dying breath she always thought of others more than her self. Truly in life she never got the recognition and credit she deserved. I wish that I could be just one tenth the woman she was.

How did you come up with your name?

Hi Cristina , That is a great tribute to your friend I`m sure she would be happy knowing you think about her every time you use your shared name. As for my name I wanted something close to my male name so I looked up female names starting with T , I didn`t decide completely until I joined here and since Tamara is a moderator I decided on Tomara.

As a MtF CDer you'd think it was a great opportunity to choose your favorite name, but it didn't happen that way to me. The name was there in my subconscious, waiting for me when I accepted my CDing self. To be honest I don't even like the name much, and I don't feel it's the most feminine of names, but I knew it was me.
    It means 'companion' and I guess that Ruth and my male self are just that, lifetime companions.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Hi it's Heather Marie I was tell my good friend christinac how I got my name is just the fact I just really like Heather and Then I just thought of a other name that went with it and Marie fit so that is how I got mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like the name Ruth, Ruth. Then again one of my favorite family members is named Ruth and she is very kind and compassionate and a survivor. She was a field nurse in England during WW2 and was nearly killed in a German air raid on London (please forgive me my English friends, but I can't remember the name of the coastal town that kept getting bombed day and night also) and Korea. She can really glue you to the seat with the WW2 stories about life in London because she lived the non stop bombings after bombings on London.

Well, mine is not nearly so inspiring. I like krissy because it sounds silly and girly. I am also sub when dressed, so it feels like it fits.

It a common name in the southern US but it is usually spelled Crissy instead of Krissy. It is also used a lot in the south for short for Christina.

Well, Virginia Woolf is one of my favorite authors and, well, if you've ever read Orlando, then you know why it is one of my favorite books. As for X23, well, that's kind of personal online code I've used for myself for over a decade now.

well my names actually lorraine not shirley i just used it for my password when i joined this forum so maybe should change it ! i got my name from a girl i used to work with who i was absolutely infatuated with i had a schoolkid crush on her at 29 years of age she was just 18 ! long blond hair blue eyes i both fancied her and envied her ! so i took her name when i started taking my femme side more seriously (lorraine dawe) yes that was her name and i wonder where she is now and what she is doing - i was never going to be with her but at least i got to adopt her name in my femme self !

Isn't PS just wonderful! Cheryl Anne's Avatar
    I took what would have been my female birth name. I asked my mom how they would have spelled Anne and she said she didn't know, so I put the "E" on the end. The last name I took from my father's pre-adoptive name.
    Married to "The Borg Queen".

Resistance was Futile!

...only by the hope we give to others do we lift ourselves out of the darkness into light.
    Dean Koontz

http://www.myspace.com/cherylannenorwood

I knew a family called Norwood in Indiana up around the Fort Wayne area. Couldn't tell you much about them because that was back in the 70's and thier children were several years older than me.

Am I also addressing a Star Trec Voyager fan or Next Generation?

In high school, there was a very sweet, pretty girl named Adrienne who wore just a bit too much makeup, two-inch heels and always, always a dress or a skirt. I didn't just want to be like her, I wanted to BE her...taking her name was as close as I could come.

I came up with the first part of my name from a girl I used to work with. Her name was Rosemary and she was the cutest girl in the world to me. She was a few years younger so I decided to keep my distance so I wouldn't be hurt if she rejected me.

I like the word powder because to me it represents something soft and white and feminine smelling.

I'm not the most creative person in the world, but when I combined the two names, I was quite impressed with myself. To me the name rosepowder sounds magical.

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Casey is a good gender-neutral name that has the same feel as my male name. But I chose it in part because of the character of Casey (Kevin Spacey) in the movie Outbreak. I like how he's a smart guy who's also a smart ***. Morgan goes well with Casey but is also a tip of the hat to both Morgan Freeman (anybody remember his character of Easy Reader on The Electric Company?) and Morgan Fairchild.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Rosepowder does sound soft and sweet. There is a real rose powder that you can by from Avon. I used to by it for my late wife because she loved anything to do with roses.
    Last edited by christinac; 06-09-2008 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Left out a word

Isn't PS just wonderful! Cheryl Anne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by christinac View Post
    I knew a family called Norwood in Indiana up around the Fort Wayne area. Couldn't tell you much about them because that was back in the 70's and thier children were several years older than me.

Am I also addressing a Star Trec Voyager fan or Next Generation?
    I like the programs. My real last name isn't Norwood. But I think my dad's family lived somewhere in MI.
    Married to "The Borg Queen".

Resistance was Futile!

...only by the hope we give to others do we lift ourselves out of the darkness into light.
    Dean Koontz

http://www.myspace.com/cherylannenorwood

Nolife :D
    Is there anyone else like me who have never made one? For some reason I don't really feel like I need one.

Well I truly think you couldn't have piked a better name. and to honor a dear friend you must be proud to carry her name.
    Angie

I LOOK like a guy... Casey Morgan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srinn View Post
    Is there anyone else like me who have never made one? For some reason I don't really feel like I need one.
    There have been a number of people on this site since I've been here who haven't chosen a name, usually because they don't feel they need one. It's completely a personal thing.
    Androgynes: the quantum bits of the gender binary.

Yes, I'm proud to use her name. She was one of a kind person. Her mother knows about me and says she is quite honored that I chose her daughters name over all the other names I could have chose. My other two picks were Alexandra or Stephanie.

Quote Originally Posted by srinn View Post
    There are several who don't use a regular name on the site. I was just wondering how those who do use names came up with thier name? Was the name to honor a passed away friend, or a childhood friend or hero, and so on?
    So far it appears that most are just names they liked.

saw the name 'Princess Astrid' on a globe, loved the idea that they'd named this tiny part of antarctica for this woman who'd probably never set foot on the place in her life. comes from the old norse 'Ásfr*ðr' meaning 'divine beauty', how damned self indulgent of me! lol xx

astrid

(good thread tho btw)

What is life without a little bit of vanity? Down right boooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrring!

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    I cheated and took the easy way. All I did was change the spelling of a nickname I've had since I was very young.

I've mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but I went through the alphabet until I found a name I liked, which took about 2 seconds. My wife doesn't know, but she chose my second name. I once bought a ballgown that rustled loudly as I walked around in it, because of the material it was made of. After that, when I was going to dress she would ask, "are you rustling tonight" or "are you going to have a rustle". I simply changed rustle into Russell, & that's how I became Angela Russell