Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Name

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie_1048 View Post
    I cheated and took the easy way. All I did was change the spelling of a nickname I've had since I was very young.
    Here in Florida Bobbie Jo is a very common girls name.

After reading some of the inspiring and poignant stories, I'm almost ashamed to confess; my femme name is my initial! The R at the end was the initial of a friend of mine.
    I used to tell people that the correct pronounciation was Kier, to rhyme with wire, just to add a bit of romance. Someone once asked me where the name came from, so I told them it was Icelandic. What a liar!!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

Mine is the French version of my name. If I was born female I probably ened up with a family name, like Susan, Margaret or Christina. Nothing wrong as my proper name is also a family name thats been passed down for the past 200 years.

Ooh. I like the spelling for Crissy. I've never seen that - only Chrissy and Krissy. I may have to change now Thanks christinac!

Quote Originally Posted by christinac View Post
    It a common name in the southern US but it is usually spelled Crissy instead of Krissy. It is also used a lot in the south for short for Christina.

Names

My name is actually Alasdair, and everyone calls me Ali. I absolutely love Sally off third rock, I wanna be her, and 147 is a rreally cool car by Alfa Romeo. SO, Sally 147. Peep peep!!

Quote Originally Posted by silkykrissy View Post
    Ooh. I like the spelling for Crissy. I've never seen that - only Chrissy and Krissy. I may have to change now Thanks christinac!
    You are very welcome!

Smile name

Have always loved Raquel Welch and the initials are the same as mine.I also loved the voice of Racquel,the barmaid on Coronation Street.

My given name is uncommon, and my voice is not very low. When giving my name on the phone it would sometimes be understood as Ellen. Last year when I started to understand my desire to dress, I realized that Ellen had been around in name only for years. It is not what I would have chosen, but it helps in a way as it somewhat links my present to my past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen Ross View Post
    My given name is uncommon, and my voice is not very low. When giving my name on the phone it would sometimes be understood as Ellen. Last year when I started to understand my desire to dress, I realized that Ellen had been around in name only for years. It is not what I would have chosen, but it helps in a way as it somewhat links my present to my past.
    Nothing at all wrong with that.

Oh, you have to take a name? My name is my regular name that my parents gave me. It is spelled in the Scottish way with an ie instead of an y like the Irish. I am me so I will keep this name. I used to hate it but since seeing the television show, My Three Son's, it was ok to have.

Robbie is used here once in awhile as a nic name for Robin or Robert and every so often you see Robbie as a regular name spelled just that way. Then again many families in the southeast USA are Scottish decent especially north Georgia and up through the Carolina's.

I was in the boat of feeling I didn't need a name for a long time. I think I was on this site with a different handle years ago. When I came back to it recently I was talking to more people and getting the question more and more. On another forum I put up a list (maybe 30 or 40) names I liked from a list of baby names. When the only person who responded also picked the only name that alliterated with my male name (having no idea of my real name) it seemed like fate. I also particularly like it because it sounds very Miss America, girly.
    [SIZE="3"] + = Kayla Glass[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    It only took me a few minutes to come up with my name, about 10 years ago. Then again, I love crosswords and other kinds of word puzzles, so it only seemed natural to take some letters from my first name, shuffle them around, add a couple of letters, and there I was!

Smile

First girl i had a chrush on

Rita was my first real love but I was too timid and let her go (I think because I thought she was too good and too beautiful for me). Perhaps I am trying in some way to recapture her.

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    i chose hermione because of my favourite character in the harry potter series and simpson, because it's my mothers maiden name
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

Years ago, when a friend was pregnant, I was glancing through her book of baby names and one of the things it suggested was that if you have multiple children their first names should have the same number of consonants and vowels (can't remember what the reason for this was).

The name Kristy fits that exactly (the same number of consonants and vowels as my birth name), which is why I picked it. Plus I always liked that name.

I took the name of my sister older sister who died at the age of 5. Even at that young age, she was beautiful.

In high school I envied a female Ashlee, she always had nice makeup on, but not over done and was not the normal little skinny teenage girl. She wasn't big, but in the middle and usually wore feminine clothes. She had a nice rack and was the kind of women I wished I could be, don't remember if it was Ashley or Ashlee, but I like the Ashlee spelling better myself. Even though it is not on here, I did pick a last name after looking as dutch names as it is part of my heritage and really liked the sound of Ashlee Haswell, sounds very hollywood to me, which would be a second career choice after computer engineering.