Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COMPLIMENT FROM GG's

COMPLIMENT FROM GG's

I was in a office with GG's yesterday, and one of them made a wonderful compliment to me today, she told me that she likes the way I crossdress, that my clothes are classy and modest, and the other GG's also agreed, then she went on to say that if more crossdressers would dress modestly then society might be more tolerant, she said she has seen too many crossdressers who dressed too ****ty and she found it discusting, the other GG's were in agreement with her too. I agree with my GG friends also. The lesson I learned from those women is they notice us out there, and if we want society to accept our crossdressing we need to make sure we dress age appropriate and like one of the women said do not wear skirts that are too short out in public. I was extremely greatful to those women who complimented me on the way I dressed, and I was walking on air because I was proud. Those women has seen me many times enfemme. I believe if we conduct our selves well and dress modestly, we will have succes in gaining acceptance when crossdressed in public, I will continue to work on setting a good example for our community of crossdressers, and I invite all of you to do the same. Lets get out and crossdress for success. Vivian

What were you wearing?

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Were you in drab or enfemme when they said these nice things/? How long have they known? Co-workeres?You never dressed at the office have you. Lucky guy that female co-workers know and don't speread it around to ruin you.

They are correct about many of the things said.We should BLEND in with the crowd to NOT be noticed but be one of them. Thee very important things to not give yourself away are wear agae appropriate clothes, no short skirts for anyone over 30, age appropriate wig. A gay hair stylist and former drag queen told me that real GG's shouldn't have hir longer than shoulder length age age 28, and do not wear a ton of makeup that make you look like bozo the clown. Look around at the malls and stores. Look at real GG's your age and follow their lead to become one of them and you'll blend in fine , not stand out.
    Very nice thread. Hope we hear more nice comments like that.

Megan

Banned Read only
    Well, yeah, but most women of an age will complain about any one, male or female, who dresses in a style unlike their own.

"Oh! Why do those young girls have to wear their skirts so short?"
    Oh! I don't understand those youngsters with that morbid goth look!"
    "Look at that woman's low cut top! Why, she's my age! Tsk!"
    "That bohemian look is so messy, doncha think?"

I congratulate you on your compliments, but don't let 'em stifle your creativity, hun!

Age and venue appropriate is a good thing, but don't forget to have fun, too!

My wife used to work for a major department store. They had a few cd's come in and shop. One always dressed appropriatly, nothing flashy, over the top breast size or clownish make-up. She was never really noticed until she payed for her purchase with a charge card. It was male and so was her id. But she blended in. Then there was one that would come in, well just imagine the reaction of poeple when they see someone walking through a store with a big, I mean big red wig, bullet bra over stuffed, bright flashy top, short short short skirt, (the lace on her stockings was visible) and what I refer to as hooker shoes (shoes with about 3 inches of sole) and very poor make-up.
    This type of behavior to me is what gives cd'ing such a bad reputation.

I agree. I always try to just fit in. I suppose if a women comes in looking like a hooker or a clown they would be shunned a little bit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan70 View Post
    Were you in drab or enfemme when they said these nice things/? How long have they known? Co-workeres?You never dressed at the office have you. Lucky guy that female co-workers know and don't speread it around to ruin you...

Megan

Vivian, I agree with Megan - what were you wearing? How femme do you appear at work? How long have they known and do any of your male coworkers know?

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Absolutly age appropriate while out; well almost. I save the teasey stuff for indoors when I'm in the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    well just imagine the reaction of poeple when they see someone walking through a store with a big, I mean big red wig, bullet bra over stuffed, bright flashy top, short short short skirt, (the lace on her stockings was visible) and what I refer to as hooker shoes (shoes with about 3 inches of sole) and very poor make-up.
    This type of behavior to me is what gives cd'ing such a bad reputation.

I agree and IMO this then give the public the idea that all cders dress like this.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    The subject of dressing in public appropriate to the situation and your age comes up time and time again. The problem is that yes it is important to dress as per your age and to the environment you are presenting in. Kary hit the nail on the head, and it is so true. If you go out please please dress appropriately. If you can't present as a 20 year old then don't even try. You will do more harm than good to the cause of CD acceptance. The general public will remember the guy in a **** outfit for months and laugh about it over beers with his/her mates. However, the girl who was read at the last minute whilst paying will be accepted and respected and probably not even mentioned.

My 20 year old niece is a model/makeup artist (and she does not know about me). She had just started to work in London so she was a little naive. She was working at the Excel exhibition Center in London earlier this year and game home one evening and told us about a group of "Trannies" who came up to her stand and wanted to be made up. Off course she complied but she felt really awkward as they were in her words "a bunch of dicks in mini skirts"). Frankly she was embarrassed. I chatted to her about it after wards and told her jokingly, you'll get al sorts in London so you'd better get used to it. She interrupted me saying it was not that they were "Trannies", apparently she'd done makeovers on several TS people before and was cool about i, but it was that they did not behave as girls would. They behaved ****ty, and dressed ****ty. She felt that they were deliberately going around embarrassing people. Apparently one was old enough to be her father. He was wearing a pvc miniskirt stockings and pink knickers and a bust to make Sidney James recoil.

Some here will argue that a girl ha a right to present how she wishes. Yes this is true, but I think those that do go out should consider the feelings of others and present in such a way as to not cause offense or embarrassment.

Enough said
    Last edited by kay_jessica; 06-05-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Good post Vivian and good advice my wife always spots older GG's dress way to young or sexy and says look at that skirt is way to short or something about how it don't look doesn't good. So it really shows.
    Angie

I'm another who agrees with this line of thinking, but there are many here who don't, so don't be surprised if you're taken to task for trying to "tell other people how to dress". There have been some fairly intense arguments about this subject here in the past.

I'm of the opinion that we should dress however we like in private or in a situation where we're primarily in the company of other CD's, but if we want to be treated with respect when in public, then we should dress in a manner that shows that we have self-respect.

In my opinion, the way we dress is partially a statement of how we feel about women, so think carefully about what you're saying through your dressing.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

This old broad dresses appropriate to her age. Bored last night...I dressed in a pretty floral tee shirt, tan capris and white canvas shoes and went out to visit two clerks at 2 diff stores, and ended up at the local gay bar. I figured maybe I would run into another sister, but, I wound up chatting with the bartender and the floor waitress sat next to me chatting. The place was empty. Very unusual indeed.
    However the few people that I came into contact with did not bat an eye or make any comments about me. Dressing to blend with your environment works for me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by vivianann View Post
    I was in a office with GG's yesterday, and one of them made a wonderful compliment to me today, she told me that she likes the way I crossdress, that my clothes are classy and modest, and the other GG's also agreed, then she went on to say that if more crossdressers would dress modestly then society might be more tolerant, she said she has seen too many crossdressers who dressed too ****ty and she found it discusting, the other GG's were in agreement with her too. I agree with my GG friends also. The lesson I learned from those women is they notice us out there, and if we want society to accept our crossdressing we need to make sure we dress age appropriate and like one of the women said do not wear skirts that are too short out in public. I was extremely greatful to those women who complimented me on the way I dressed, and I was walking on air because I was proud. Those women has seen me many times enfemme. I believe if we conduct our selves well and dress modestly, we will have succes in gaining acceptance when crossdressed in public, I will continue to work on setting a good example for our community of crossdressers, and I invite all of you to do the same. Lets get out and crossdress for success. Vivian
    I agree with you 100% Vivian! I'm in my late 60s and what would I look like in a mini skirt and 6" spike heels! I can't stand up in heels that high any more. Any more it's jeans and tops. If we are going to gain acceptance we are going to have to blend in!
    Vivian

no short skirts for anyone over 30, age appropriate wig. A gay hair stylist and former drag queen told me that real GG's shouldn't have hir longer than shoulder length age age 28
    My CD friend Debbi is my age (over 50) and loves mini skirts. She likes to dress trashy, but my wife is trying to get her to be a bit classier. My wife is 39 and has beautiful long hair. She bought a few wigs for me and one looks much like her hair.

If it works, there is no reason why you can't do it. But if you look terrible, you can't enjoy things. Tina Turner continues to wear short dresses, because she still looks great. I do agree that some people look better in something else. That includes me. I do NOT wear mini skirts, because that would not be flattering.

I dress appropriately for the occasion. I dress like my wife when shopping during the day for groceries. If I was going clubbing, then maybe I could wear my black leather skirt. My makeup and clothes are usually age-appropriate. My mother-in-law approves and my wife usually chooses what I buy, so I have only received compliments.

What I wear at home is another story. Ha ha.

I always dress classy when out and about, I save anything younger or sexier for the home. If you dress like a ****, the world thinks "gay transvestite". That's just the way it is. A hoochy-mama. Ain't gettin' no respect, baby!

Amanda, you are so right. I really don't find hoochie all that attractive. Some people cross the line between sexy and hoochie. But some people like to be treated like trash. Don't know why.

I was in drab yesterday but I have been there many times enfemmme, I was there for business and was invited to the office to show pics of myself when I went to Diva Las Vegas and other pics of myself enfemme, These women are business associates that I have known for some time now. I have been ou to many friends and associates for the past year, and it is wonderful to to be free to dress enfemme, I wish I was enfemme yesterday, but I had some work to do in the automotive business, so I could not dress enfemme that day. I do have a few short skirts and dresses, however I only wear those when I am at home, or at a party where it is appropriate to wear those things. When I am in public dressed, I wear modest dresses or skirts and tops, and 2 to 3 inch heels. I am not telling anybody how to dress, I was just sharing with you what these women told me, and I am making suggestions to help us to be accepted by society when we crossdress. Vivian

VivianAnn, you do look pretty in that dress. My wife had clothes like that. I wanted to wear them, but they didn't fit me. It is great when we get compliments from men or women about what we are wearing. It is also great to get some advice, even if we don't always follow it.

If you look at my avatar ten you will notice my dressing style. I am 60 years old and would look silly wearing a mini skirt, tight blouse, and 4-5" heels to the Mall. The heels I am wearing with this outfit are 2" pumps.
    I have been told many times that one reason I pass is the outfits I wear allow me to blend in thus I don't stand out.
    On Halloween wear whatever outlandish fem outfit you want. On that day no one will care what you are wearing. The other 364 days they will.

I dress up for Halloween in costumes I wouldn't wear shopping. I dressed as Pocahontas one year, a biker chick another year. People would stare if I wore that now to go shopping.

is in her vest
    Hi Vivianann...I couldn't agree more with your postings....

Theres times where trashy is fun, but its important that that style of dress is acceptable to the place you're going. Funnily enough I don't think the High Street is the acceptable place. I can only imagine what people think when they see a guy dressed like that. It perpeptuates the "dress for sexual thrills" assumptions that society makes, meaning they view our dressing as no more than some sexual perversion?????? For me at least, that couldn't be further from the truth.
    I just desperately try to dress in a style that many women my age (OK maybe a few years younger too..I'm so vain..hahahaha) would feel comfortable dressed in as well. And as for the rest of the "illusion"????.....well its only an illusion if its believable, so I try to keep breasts in proportion and my makeup as "restrained" as someone with a beard can!!!!
    I don't want to be some comedy show aping the trashiest women in society....I want to give the impression of a successful, confident women.
    Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Compliment from GGs

It is great to receive compliments as to how one looks but, it is especially rewarding to receive them from GWs(or GGs)! I, too, always try to look and act like a lady whenever I am out as Carole. I do usually dress more nicely than many of the GWs but, never inappropriately. Thankfully for we CDs, there are more nicely dressed GWs now than there were a few years ago.
    I know there are many CDs that like the "****ty" look but, it would be better for everyone if that look remained at home or at certain "special" parties.
    Hugs, Carole

Thumbs up

WOW, how appropriate...

Anyway, I went out with some friends of mine last month, and although they new I was a CD'r, and have seen pictures of me dressed...they called me a "school marm" because I dress so conservatively and blended in well.

After we did the bar scene, we went out for desert and a drink at a nice establishment. It appeared as though I was NOT 'outted' as a cd'r but blended well with the other customers there at the restaurant.

Also, recently, I showed a picture of myself to a good GG friend of mine, and she has said numerous times..."I cannot believe the change"...and "...you clean up well." So, conservative is GREAT! ! !

Dressing appropriately it VITAL to fitting in our communities....

Vivian...Great thread ! ! !

Rock on ! !

becca
    Last edited by postal_rebecca; 06-05-2008 at 02:40 PM.
    [SIZE="2"]The quickest way to a man's heart; Shave his chest hair.[/SIZE]

New Girl on the Block MalibuJenny's Avatar
    I LIVE for compliments from GG's!

It's nice to get them from anyone but when a woman pays me attention or points something out about my appearance, I just melt.

In fact, some of the more meaningful comments came from girlfriends that were not 100% accepting. I remember one -- who still adjusting to this side of me -- said, "Wow, your makeup looks really good tonight." It was really a reluctant admission at the time and therefore I knew it was very sincere. It also showed me she was starting to come around and see the art of dressing. Later, she suggested we both go for a makeover together and actually wanted a more dramatic makeup style like I wore.

So, to get the most positive attention I can from women, I dress classy but with a bit of sex appeal. Certainly, if overdone most women won't appreciate that, although men often seem to prefer that style.