Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about your male side?

How do you feel about your male side?

I like being a girl, but I get a lot of fun out of being a guy as well. When I dress up in a suit and tie (Which I don't do often, so I guess it adds to the novelty), it feels similar in some ways to going en femme; the taking on of a different role with different rules and mannerisms. I like my male body and the things it can do, and I like buying and wearing boy-mode clothes as much as CD stuff. I like having the option to play around and explore who I am.

Umm... not sure where I was going with this.

I think what I'm trying to say is this: Do you girls enjoy your male side as much as your female side? Do you mix the two or do they feel seperate? Do you feel happier en femme than when you're en homme, or is it that the option to be en femme makes you happier because it's available as an alternative and as a doorway to the rest of your personality?

My questions could go on, but I'll stop there. Just curious really.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    For me they are two seperate sides to my personality. Like you, I'm happy with my male self, but when I am here I am "all girl" - as I am when I dress.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Enjoy my female side more than the male... Have to keep the male side up when round the kids.Only been on here a short time but want to start getting the make up and wigs to look as good as most of you..

Not separate

I suppose that some of my personalty could be labeled male and some could be labeled female. But I am just me. Blended fe-male.
    No closet is big enough!

I enjoy my male side, but i prefer my female side

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I like to dress up more as a girl, than I do as a guy.
    Dana Ryan

I feel better while wearing fem but I am OK with being male( for now)

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Luv being fem. I could take or leave the male side. I do like my athletic body but crave being female. Would have luved to been an athletic female.

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    I enjoy my male side, but i prefer my female side
    Quote Originally Posted by danar View Post
    I like to dress up more as a girl, than I do as a guy.
    Hiya Joanna I deal with my male side for work and such, but I really love MY TIME when I can be enfemme. I try to let my femme side be my guide while in "guy" mode. I feel that I am a much better person for it. bobbie

Being male is how I was born, and what I know, so that part will always be a big par of my life, especially with my daughters and granddaughter. But dressing female is my relaxing, mental health time, and I also enjoy, and feel that I need that time. I guess, like most of you, I need both sides. Ain't life grand.

I think I have been who I am for most of my life, which is a man that enjoys many feminine things. I have always liked shopping, especially clothes for my wife. I like girl movies, girl jewelry, great hair, make-up, etc. I like women’s tennis much more than I like football. (That dress that Ana Ivanovic wore at the French open, wow - was that hot!) Anyway, for me realizing that I wanted to, and could, participate in these things I liked so much was a real breakthrough. I now act more like the girl I think I wanted to be, or kind of already was. I guess what I am trying to say is this is me, a blend of male and female. I’m not one or the other. I may present my outer looks as male or female. But it is just all me.

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    As time goes by I hate my guy side more and more.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

I enjoy both sides and they are seperate.I think the female side does make me happier.It may very well serve as a doorway.That escape from the male role and everything that is expected of it.Not for any reason such as a excuse for my actions though.Its much more of expression of personality.Almost as if its the opposite side of your soul that wants a life of its own.A natural duality of one self as the form of some kind of spiritual dichotomy.For some people its less and for some its more.Depends who you are.Its not always easy to get to the root of reason but it time it makes itself known.

I dont claim to know much about why we do this or anything else.Not everything is known in all areas of this transformation we perform and each of its levels.Much is to be learned of this.

"scire te nihil scire vera est sapientia" - Socrates
    (the only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think you nailed it for me too. I love the feel of a skirt, hose and heels. But I truley love the feel of a nice suite and tie.

I feel lucky to be able to enjoy a bit of the girly world, but I lean more toward the guy mode.

Hugs

SandyR
    Last edited by SandyR; 06-11-2008 at 10:25 PM.
    Real Men can Cook in Heels...

I prefer my male side over my "female" side meaning I am more comfortable as a male than the other side.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna:)
    Do you feel happier en femme than when you're en homme, or is it that the option to be en femme makes you happier because it's available as an alternative and as a doorway to the rest of your personality?
    There's something to that statement that resonates with me. But like what Sinthia said, being a guy, and wearing guy clothes, that's what I am; that's how I was born. It has no novelty. I'm sure that part of the reason I pursue feminine emulation is because of the novelty of it. As a guy, I can't (or I'm not supposed to) wear girl clothes. But it's nice to have it as a very enjoyable alternative.

My guy side sometimes seems to me to be a bother. It's something I have to put up with. But at other times, when I'm in full guy-mode, like when I'm playing golf or music, I don't give it any thought. I'm just me. So I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the fact that I'm male. But I try not to let it get in the way of my living a well-balanced, good life.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Nope. Only dress like a guy because I must.
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Silver Member
    The female side of me is more dominate than my male side. I do enjoy being a guy at times but it pales in comparison to my fem side. Every day I think about dressing and feeling as fem as possible and wish that I could do 'my guy things' dressed en femme. I am not into the real macho things that some guys do so I could blend my two sides easily but as we all know that is impossible for some of us. I often fantasize about living 24/7 as a female but then reality sets in and I remind myself of what I really am and I come to the realization that my two sides co-exist well and let it go at that. So I have to put it this way, I put up with being born male but feel I would be happier if I was born female.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I hate guy clothes and I hate suits so boring, i cant stand what guys call shorts that they wear, kinda look like over size capri panta

the only thing I ever liked about being male was my having money as a teen to buy Lp's, anyone remember them?
    I am not very tall or masculine looking so women tended not to be very interested in me so its been easier for me to explore my fem side

Wearing a tuxedo is very similar in excitement as wearing my feminine clothes. There is a aura to being dressed up in either case. I can be all dignified man then. In regular drab clothes I always think about girlie clothes and how I walk and sit differently. In girls clothes I am truly trying to be feminine. Short answer, 2 distinct players, constantly being pushed together into one personality....me!
    Charlie

Still figuring that part out

I'm still working on what suits me better. I've just recently accepted the femme side of myself and I can't decide if that part of me is integrated with the male side or if they are two completely different personalities. When I'm femme, I take on different mannerisms, speak with a different inflection in my voice, and think differently than when I'm en homme. I think this is something we all have had to struggle with, deciding if our two gender roles are different personalities or one in the same. I like to think they are integrated but I don't think that's true at this point.

I haven't deeply explored my femme side enough yet to truly decide which I like better but if I had to choose now, I'd say my femme side. I feel more free when I am en femme.

I prefer my girl side more myself as well, I feel better that way, my male side just isn't as strong in my opinion, at this point it's just the other side of me, that I have to live with.

sometime frantic
    your ok.. baby

I like myself no matter how I'm dressed!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've never been good at the 'being a guy' thing. I don't tend to do a lot of guy things. I don't watch sports, I don't fish or hunt, I don't work on my car in the driveway on a Saturday afternoon... I just don't have much in common with most guys I meet, so have a hard time keeping a conversation going.

That isn't to say I do badly as a guy... other than the social aspects, I do pretty well. I don't look half bad in a suit and being a big guy I can hold my own in most physical activities. I must be at least a bit imposing, since more than once I've gotten somebody to 'back down' from an argument by just stepping really close to them and looking DOWN at them.

But all in all, I feel better about myself when I am dressed. Even so, I am in what appears to be the minority of people who don't really have a feminine 'persona'. It is still the same old ME when I am dressed, I'm just wearing different clothes.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein