Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much of a sissy were you in school?

to answer your question i kind stayed to my self untill senior prom w my school has about 1 week before grauwation sorry my spelling sucks budget all one of my female friends at the time said i should wear a dress gown to the prom so i did a nice black dress matching black pantyhose some nice rinestone heels dangling earrings had my fingernails and toe painted hot red nail polish wore red lipstick nice blue shade eyeshadow purfume blush face powder and yes carried a purse like a girl i had fun and the girls there who were my friends made sure no guy haters got close they all pretty much circle them selfs around me i had started wearing womens clothes a year earlier but that when i came out and samantha was born ok later

samantha

I was a sissy. I hated sports, wish I was a girl at times, loved being one of the girls.

sissy in school

I was all city, all state in football. played basketball. I played football for one year in college( university of Southern Colorado).Now i play golf.
    I love being a girl

I was all guy

I was all guy in school. Played sports, took shop classes,etc. My mom wanted me to take piano lessons and I did anything I could to get out of it. I thought playing piano was for girls and sissies. I did however find time occasionally to dress in my mom's clothes.
    Today I am still all guy but I am also very happy in stillettos, mascara and a short skirt.

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    I think too much. I started to reply to this thread yesterday, then abandoned what I wrote because I thought my experience wasn't in the spirit of the question, but seeing all these fascinating stories, mine fits right in.

I wasn't a sissy in the sense that a few have described, where you consciously and boldly express yourself in some way that's not mainstream and accept the consequences. But, I was absoulely a sissy in the way that I just never related to the boys and never fit in. I was introverted and didn't exactly fit in with the girls either, but on the playground you would never find me with the boys, always watching the girls play four square or jump rope, for example. While boys played softball, I sat in the grass with the girls and made clover chains with them.

Into junior high and high school then, you get teased, and...I conformed. I remember a moment when I was sitting with the girls at lunch and one of them just burst out with a comment about how upright my posture was. So, little things like that trained me to suppress these tendencies. Little things like that, and growing up in the very conservative midwest, where somehow the concept that I could be a girl just wasn't allowed in my mind.

I discovered I was trans two years ago, at age 44.

Sonia
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

I was not much of a sissy in school at all. I may had sissy thoughts, but they never showed. I was into football and girls. Couldn't be sissy when playing football nor when you're trying to talk to a girl.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I think I was a bit of a tom boy for a girl. ( giggle giggle)

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Sissy at school? .... junior school, yes, senior school, no, not much at all.

At "the big school" I wanted to be more like the other boys, follow the pack, and fit in. Same goes when I first left school too. Nowadays, things are much different!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 06-21-2008 at 01:07 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I wasn't able to show my crossdressing side at all in school.. not here.. there was a guy who shaved his legs and the other kids just ripped on him.. truth is I think he crossdressed because he had two sisters and the oldest was in my class and she was about six feet tall and her brother was a few inches shorter and so wearing her pantyhose would have been easy.. but for me, I just wondered what that would have been like...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Some additional thoughts

I responded earlier with my experiences thru school as far as being an outsider and regarded by many as a wimp or sissy since I too hated sports and didnt know ow to fight. But I just remembered something else that maybe kept me away from too much grief about being such a "non-macho" guy.

I have always felt quite comfortable working around electricity even as a kid. My folks allowed me to wire my room for power to a workbench and then to add color organ lighting. When I worked at my dad's shop/office I was always repairing amplifiers and spotlights and other electronic/electric devices. When I was in Sr High, we had a combination boys gym and auditorium that we had to set up every night for plays, recitals etc. There were a few of us geeks (wimps, sissies) that would climb into the open rafters 50 ft above the floor with no safety harness and string cables and hang lights. When others saw us do this, they thought we were crazy but we had guts.

Over the years following, I have always been amused at the reactions of fear I see on people's faces when I work around high voltage and they are petrified to get anywhere near it. I am not careless or cavalier, but it has never scared me even though I have been "bitten" a few times.

Wouldn't they be surprised if they knew that a few hours earlier I was smothered in the layers of a baby pink silky soft nylon nightgown covered with delicate lace?

I have told more than a few folks not to judge a book by its cover.

Reading the hobbies and jobs of so many many CDs posting here, I would say that the definition of sissy may be in need of a little rework.

Christine

Quote Originally Posted by JudithAnnMeadowsweet View Post
    At secondary school (single sex) I was a non sporty, non "cadet force", quiet and bookish, and not a fighter. So I was picked on a bit at times....maybe I would have been more exposed to that if I didn't have my father on the school staff.

Primary school age...well, how macho do I look to you? (picture of me blowing dandelion "parachutes"...I may remove this later )
    Jude,

This photo speaks volumes on everything but the question of "macho". My first thought was innocence in a carefree world. I dare say there weren't too many of us at that age, regardless of gender, that didn't jump at the chance to be so free. I probably sowed my share of dandelion seeds too.

I love this picture.

Babette

Aspiring Member

Sorta..kinda

I was mostly into boy things, really into playng army, hiking, exploring forests, swamps, streams, etc. And I had huge battle with lots of the little plastic army men, BUT whenever I visited one girl cousin's, I always wanted to play with her dolls, especially dressing them (no shock there). It's kind of ironic because she was a tomboy and always wanted to play with my armymen or cowboys.
    Susan1974

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinedreamer View Post
    When I was in Sr High, we had a combination boys gym and auditorium that we had to set up every night for plays, recitals etc. There were a few of us geeks (wimps, sissies) that would climb into the open rafters 50 ft above the floor with no safety harness and string cables and hang lights. When others saw us do this, they thought we were crazy but we had guts.
    Christine
    Christine,

I used to do the same thing in High School. I was Assistant Stage Manager my Freshman year and Stage Manager for the next three years. Also ran the mile and quarter mile on the track team and crosscountry in the fall. Wore panties under my rack suit on occasion too!

You are right. The definition of "Sissy" needs some updating! IMHO

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Amazing Member
    I did not fit in with the 'regular' boys after a while of trying mildly, and was not much interested in sports, so, being shy, I gravitated towards friends who would now be described as nerds, or at least somewhat nerdish. I was not short, but lacked weight and muscle, but still, the bullies, of which there were few where I went to school, did not pick on me. I was very shy, and kept mostly to myself. This also meant not being much involved with girls either. The cross-dressing on the sly was however well rooted in high school, so I cannot say I discovered that side of myself, only much later.
    So, I would not be picked on as a sissy, but then where I went to school, when I went to school, there was, thankfully, little bullying. (I lived just on the right side of the downtown/nice-side-of-town school border, arbitrarily drawn as it was.) Maybe it was the neighborhoods or the timing, or something. I think that has allowed me to be more confident in later life than I would have been, had I been bullied.

Banned Read only
    I've had a hard time trying to see how I fit into this thread, too. I wasn't bullied, per se, but know that a lot of my classmates didn't think much of my 'manliness'.

Went to an all boys school, there was no female or feminine or softness about the place at all. Participated in non contact sports, swimming and track, so as not to be the only senior without a letter for my jacket. But also sang in the choir and was a little embarrassed to have always been one of the short boys in the front row of the tenor section.

But, there was an all girls school up the road. And twice a year they put on plays, one drama and then one musical. Guess who was always first to volunteer to be in or help out with the plays?

My very first secret stash makeup collection came from that school's drama department. And why was I always the one poking my nose into the wardrobe room? Never was left alone in there and that was probably a pretty good thing. They'd have been missing an awful lot of stuff if I had been!

Still...I got invited to join one of those sites that finds your old reunion buddies. Not a chance! Those school years were a miserable time of guilt and shame. I'd never want to be reminded of them...except for the wardrobe room, maybe...

Banned Read only
    I don't think I ever was a sissy in school, though I do remember admitting to a friend that I liked to wear my sister's undies... It was mentioned in jest by another junior school classmate about a year later, so my friend had obviously spread the word!!! Luckily, it never went further.

Aside from that incident, I was pretty much one of the boys (and secretly one of the girls ).
    Last edited by Emily Anderson; 06-20-2008 at 03:34 PM. Reason: changed like to liked :-) ...don't do that any more, lol

That reminds me........

Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I didn't swear enough, go out with enough girls, play "man" sports well enough (apart from being a demon baseball hitter), smoke enough, fancy Debbie Harry enough or fight enough. I empathised too much, worked too hard, chatted too much with girls without fancying them, excelled at "girl" sports and cried once too often. In the rarefied atmosphere of my school in the seventies and eighties this made me "gay" and a sissy. So imagine how much of a relief it was to get to university right in the middle of the New Romantic music scene which made it alright for guys to wear make up! Which I did. Wholeheartdly.

Every cloud has a silver lining!!!

Sarah...

Hmmmm lets see.

Well I dont think i was seen as a sissy. I didnt start out like one anyway. Lets begin...

It all started in playschool. For anyone that doesnt know what that is its the hellhole they stick 3-4 year old kids in the year before starting actual school so they can get used to being around lots of other kids. First day there ended with my dad being called in cos I hit some kid. It progressed like that through all levels of school. In the early years i had lots of friends and fought a lot and then the fighting increased and friends decreased.

We only had 2 real sports Football (soccer) and basketball. I was horrible at football but I cost a couple their shins. Became known as the crippler for a while. Loved basketball and had a good few games of it. Being 6'4' kinda helps. I was a horrible shot but then again I wasnt gonna risk wearing glasses on the court.

Never had much luck with women except for the odd bit cos I was the wierdo that always got into fights and got into trouble in class. Hell I didnt bother going to half of them. I shoulda known better tbh cos Im supposedly quite intelligent. Then again even smart people can be lazy and lose their focus.

It wasnt really until later things went the cding way and long story short here I am.

I liked to play sports in grade school, but I was only an average player so I was never selected for any of the school teams ... So, I wasn't really a sissy in school but I have Gynecomastia and started to develop feminine breasts at age eleven ... I was unmercifully teased, called ugly names, and otherwise harassed by all the other boys in the locker room and by a few of the girls in my grade school class who said I should get a bra ... In seventh and eighth grades, and thru all four years of high school, I showed movies for the Audio-Visual Department to avoid taking physical education classes ... My crossdressing began at thirteen when I discovered that my oldest sister's
    36B bras fit like they were custom made, no "stuffing" necessary ... And in a couple weeks time I had progressed to wearing lace panties, stockings, miniskirts, sexy dresses and pumps with four inch spike heels at home when Mom and my three sisters weren't home.
    Hugs-N-Kisses to all,
    Jeanine

Wasn't popular or unpopular. Didn't compete in sports. Girls only were allowed in years 11 & 12 and couldn't help myself at liking their knee highs and plaid skirts

PAM
    I was quite the opposite. I was pretty macho as a younger man. THe sensitivity I hid allowed me to identify with those who were subject of cruelty by others. I 'm proud to say I came to their defense often. I was a jock and class officer so I could get away with it w/o revealing my own secrets.

When I was in school, I didn't really know who I was. I knew that I was _alot_ different from all the other boys, but I hadn't really come to terms with all the feelings I had inside. So I never really talked much, only spoke when I had to, to teachers, occasionally other people. Of course because of this I was picked on mercilessly, that only made me want to talk to other people even less. That was middle school, and part of high school, a good 5 or 6 years ago. Over the years I got better, more confident in myself, and nowadays I feel I can let my stranger, effeminate side out around people I trust, but I keep my walls up around everyone else.

In school I never quite felt like I fit in although I had friends and did guy stuff. I was pretty sheltered as far as sex and gender goes and was very shy around the girls even though as it turns out some found me attractive after all. I never liked gym because it was full of jocks and I wasn't great at any specific sport. I always got picked last in team sports... mostly because it was a popularity contest though. It was sometime in highschool when I started learning about gender and not until later that I started exploring with it and feeling guilt and really felt out of place in the world. Now after learning a lot about it and experimenting and gaining a lot of life experience I feel happier with who I am. There is nothing 'sissy' about this part of our lives for me anyways...it takes a lot of courage to CD part time and I also enjoy all of the very masculine things in my life. I just wish they were easier to fit together.

Quote Originally Posted by sybercom11 View Post
    I mean what were some of the things you did in school that screamed that you were a sissy. And maybe some things that got you in trouble with the other kids.
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    When I was in school I carried my books with my arm cross my chest, the way the girls did. I wasn't conciously emulating them, but the guys always had their arms down and their books just held in their hands. Someone noticed, pointed it out and I took a bit of heat for that, but the real CD'ing was so deep in the closet that no one knew.

It wasn't for decades til I told another human being what I was, expected to excoriated for it, but they were accepting.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    In school I never quite felt like I fit in although I had friends and did guy stuff.

I always got picked last in team sports... mostly because it was a popularity contest though.
    I never related to my guy friends totally, it was often like going through the motions. They'd talk sports and I wanted to have deeper discussions, but I learned that guys don't do that. Had more fun with my gg friends.

Oh, and yeah, I got picked last for sports too.

K
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 06-30-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: use the edit button, merged consecutive posts.