Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Using a real photo for your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I don't recall giving it much thought to tell you the truth.

I am like Kimberly. I had this great photo taken at Glamour Shots so why not share it.

Richelle

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    When I have the right hair and make-up then I will. Until then my mugshot, to me, is far too terrifying to inflict on everyone. I have an almost irrational fear of not being pretty enough to be seen as female, probably because I've wanted it for so long.

Watch this space!

Sarah...

Nolife :D
    Quote Originally Posted by flacindycd View Post
    Ive used my real pics for years...Hey if someone sees me ..I ask well why were YOU looking at those sites? usually they r speechless or it turns out they are a cd/tgirl or big admirer in either case it usually ends there...
    Exactly. This is why I don't fear that someone would recognize me here. My avatars are low quality anyways and I have to buy a good camera first to get any good photos of me, but that would be the only thing I would use it for and therefore a waste of money imo.

I've got to say that the desire to post pictures was born more out of seeing others do so. I didn't hesitate very much putting my photo on here, because I thought if any of my RL friends saw it, they were on here for the same reason I was!
    So far, no one from RL has seen any pics of me on this website.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

I think that it is an affirming act though I've been told that there are some risks because the site is open to any visitors. I'm not worried about that any more.
    warmly, Linnea

I posted my pic soon after joining this site. I'm too old to care if someone recognizes me on here. And it's way too late to out me as both of my ex-wives have already done that. LOL
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

Amazing Member
    I just got around to trying to post a drawing as an avatar. I am not so sure about posting a picture as avatar. We will see.

Photo's?

I'd love to post my photograph, I have tried, and tried and tried again with no success. I will just for old time sake try again now. Here's wishing me luck! Lesley Ann. No luck, I keep getting a notice up from my net provider saying that I do not have the correct address, oh well, that's life.........

I was quite scared to put my picture up as my avatar. I thought somebody I knew would see it and tell all my siblings about me. Of course that was a very silly excuse as it turned out. Now I'm thinking of putting up a new photo only I'm not satisfied with it!
    -Audrey

It was about 2 years for me. That week in March I had a makeover and went out for the first time in public - it was exhilarating. I figured it was time, definitely a moment of self affirmation for me.

Great topic, Sapphire!

I thought it was obvious to everyone my avatar is my real photo.....
    Pet peeve: not be able to put on my girl clothes!

It took me a long time to post my photograph. It was not because I was afraid to post it or had any fear of being discovered but because I'm so technoligically inept it took a long time to move the photo from my camera to the computer.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I'm glad I got the courage to post mine, even though it took hundreds of pics to get a half way decent one!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I enjoy seeing all the picture avatar's, it's nice to see who you are talking to!

Mine is my first picture my wife took of me fully dressed in 2000 and guess what - The camera actully broke, so I only got the one picture! I liked it, so I've used it to show the people that I've opened up to.

If someone remembers me from RHO - TAU, send me a message.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I posted my picture, as soon as I was able to join. Because I agree it is important to put a face with a name.. People like to see who they are talking to. That being said, I am also nervous about it.. My wife hates the idea of me being en femme, and Has never seen me in makeup, she don't even want to hear about it... I only just started to really explore it aggressively, but think the picture should be there, had a heck of a time getting one that looks decent enough to post... still aint pretty, but it'll do for now... ;o)

Been TG as far back as I can recall. Started CDing when I was around 10. I've recently started to embrace who I really am and I figured that I'd debut the "real" me here for first time publically .

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Lock View Post
    I just got around to trying to post a drawing as an avatar. I am not so sure about posting a picture as avatar. We will see.
    Darling you need to smile more!!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Although I was out on the pavements for years before I joined in here, I used this as my Avatar for a while.

The world in here seemed to be so much bigger than the one that I rubbed elbows with in the streets. Then I realised that it was just a different world and here I be, a for real photo and all.
    ~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 06-26-2008 at 08:11 AM.

I didn't realy think about it, I am a real computer "numpty" so when I joined I just did what was the easy, that seemed to be a real pic. Also I am not botherd who sees it as it is no secret that I cross dress.

posting pics

Well I always considered that this forum is a private club , I was encouraged to place only the photos inside the profile albums only to feel little bit safe but then this forum is like home and I hope we are not exposed to the outer world or else I will be in trouble because my enviroment where I live in is hostile to these actions which i love so much.

My ongoing problem is that my camera makes me look older than I am!

You just can't tell from the avitar that I'm only 17.

Darlene

Posting the avatar

when I read this article of yours i decided to place my avatar photo as an encouragement of my part since I started to feel more secure in our forum. I like you all sisters to feel at home yet And due to my social problems I will stay little shy of posting too much of myself.

The dog pound is looking for me, so I'm taking some very big chances by posting my picture here. Psssst , got any treats ?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I've posted a photo that I fussed with in Picassa. It was the only one I had that would fit the avatar size requirements. Now that I've had time to mess around and load some photos in my gallery, I may end up changing avatar photos one of these days, but I'm getting to like this one.
    The choice to post was only hampered by my former job associated with law enforcement. Since I'm retiring from that career, I guess I don't need to worry quite so much about any of this getting back to that community and having a negative impact on my ability to bring home the bacon and occasionally buy a new skirt.

in all my glory

It took me 10 sec to post it when i joined and it has changed a few times but always me

Maddie