View Poll Results: Do you have, or have had, either a beard or other facial hair?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • I currently have a beard or other facal hair.

49 23.79%
  • I occasionally have a beard or other facial hair.

23 11.17%
  • I did have a beard or other facial hair.

85 41.26%
  • I have never had a beard or other facial hair.

49 23.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To beard or not to beard

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar

To beard or not to beard

Yes, that is, for some of us, the question, whether to continue to wear either a beard or any facial hair, or to appear clean shaven.

For some of us, it's not a simple question, and it goes to the heart of why we CD. Do we wish to become a woman? Do we want to look like a woman? Do we wish to express or feminine aspect externally? Or, do we simply like wearing women's clothing.

So, please respond and if you post a reply, I ask that you take this seriously and not add a flip remark.

Toodles!
    Byllie
    Last edited by Byllie; 06-22-2008 at 03:49 AM.
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I had a beard for many years and used to dress and enjoy it. However, since getting rid of my facial accretion I can now see the real "Caroline" smiling out at me when I look in a mirror - and don't we all take every opportunity to admire ourselves in mirrors!!!

If you have the choice, I'd recommend going clean shaven; I'm sure you won't regret it.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    No facial hair would be best but I can't stop the stuff coming out of my chin! It's very dark too so my five o'clock shadow starts around 9.30am.

Sarah...

Yes I have got a beard & its been there as long as I can remember. Sometimes I think I would like to shave it off just for a day but unfortunatley that just won't work.
    It does not deter me from dressing but It is not easy to go out dressed unless I go out as the Bearded Lady.
    I think that it is a case of, I just love to wear female clothes and wear them most of the time.
    [SIZE="1"]Hilary X's[/SIZE]

In an effort to convince myself that I was really a man, I grew a full beard in my 30s. It didn't work, and dressing was next to impossible for me to enjoy with it, so off it went but I tried to keep the moustache. Still no deal. Today I find the less hair I have from my eyebrows to my toes, the more comfortable I am.

I,ve often let my facial hair grow during periods when i wasn,t crossdressing regularly, but i,ve tended to try and stay clean shaven for the past year.

Gold Member
    My younger day I messed with a short one and goatee but it's clean shaving for me only now.

I have a mustache that my wife insists I keep and the Grandkids want me to keep it so it stays.
    Angie

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

I had a beard and moustache for over 32+ years

Had for 32+ years but for last 9 months have been clean shaven. Incidentally this is how long I've been shaving everywhere else, Arms, legs and torso. When I dressed enfemme for a company holloween party as 'IT Jane', I work in IT dept, I needed to shave all over to make the outfit. The receptionist a dear friend encouraged me to shave. Afterwards, people said I looked younger without the beard and moustache, so I kept shaving and have maintained clean look since.

In fact my boss said during my review that I look better since I shaved the beard and moustache. It makes dressing enfemme easier when at home or out. Kimberly says, try shaving the facial hair, you may shave years off your age.

. I wore a beard for most of my adult life no more though, clean from the eyebrows down too. Feel cooler in the summer and look younger also. started electrolisys last may.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I have very little facial hair and only have to shave a couple of times a week at most. I just get a bit of stubble every now and again and I couldn't grow a beard to save my life.

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Had a beard most of my life, but shaved 2 years ago when I gave into who I am and got rid of all my hair except on top of my head!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

I shaved off my mustache 5 years ago and don't miss it one it.... My wife wondered wy... I need a change... and BIG change!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I had a mustache for most of my life until I admitted to myself I was a CD. I actually felt I looked better in male mode with one, but my femme side won that battle. Now all my facial hair is getting lasered away.

I had a beard and dressed with it for 16 years. Now that I'm smooth faced I'll never go back. I probably would have shaved it earlier if I'd known what it would be like.

Had a mustache since college...

but decided to shave it one day to help with my self-image.
    I think it make my femme image so much better I wouldn't
    grow it back now, even though I am still in the closet.

You should have seen the faces on my wife and kids the day
    I walked out of the shower without my facial hair. Wife
    almost had a heart attack and the kids had NEVER seen me
    without out. Priceless. Funny thing is that now they don't
    want me to grow it back...lol.

Jackie

Never had a beard and after I start my laser treatment tomorrow I'll never be able to grow one in the future either... and hopefully never have to shave again either !

Have alternated between full beard, goatee and long side burns. Grew a beard when the house was full a few weeks ago but I'm now clean shaven with short side burns
    Hugs,

Christi

I had full facial hair until 15 yrs ago-then just upper lip hair. Three yrs ago that went away. So now3 the face and body are now clean.

I gid have a horrendous beard when I was trying to deny what I was. Now I am clean shaven, wish it could be cleaner still though!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Just trying be who I am. Byllie's Avatar

Feeling better about myself

Well, quite a few of you have responded to the survey (thank you) and as you might expect, about 75% of you do not have and have not had any facial hair. But that also means that 25% of you are like me, currently or ocassionaly sporting a beard or such. That's actually a higher percentage than I had expected.
    Life comes in all colors ... so please be kind to all you meet.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I had a very poor beard for a few years a long time ago and realized that it was ugly for anyone and shaved it off. After that I wore a mustache for another 15 years while my crossdressing was somewhat dormant.
    As I started dressing more and more and began to experiment with makeup I found the 'stach made my lipstick look bad. I tried trimming it back, but it was out of balance, first on one side then the other. I shaved it off 15 years ago and have been a much happier girl ever since.

Banned Read only
    I never had a beard, and only once grew a moustache when I was around 18 just to see what it would look like (awful, in fact!). On the other hand, I do sometimes go for three days without shaving, through pure laziness and the fact I don't need to be clean shaven for work.

So, I voted never had a beard or facial hair

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I shave only on the days I dress, so I look funny after a few days.

Aspiring Member
    I've conditioned the family to see me with goatee one day... nothing the next! The first time I ever grew a mustache/goatee, it seemed like you either HAD to have it, or HAD to not have it... why not choose week by week?

Now people never say "Oh, you shaved your beard off!" or "Oh, you grew a mustache!"

Of course they don't know WHY I shave it off every week to 10 days!

Shannen