Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife wants to separate

Wife wants to separate

Hi ,firstly i must apologise for not contributing here for ages.
    My reason for this post is as follows ,my wife found out about my crossdressing about 6 years ago. After a a tearfull few days we talked it over and she agreed to help me shop and let me carry on as long as our kids didnt see me and i did not dress too often.
    As far as i could tell it seemed to work , but recently we have been on edge and it all came out this morning.
    In a tearfull confrontation she has told me she does not love me anymore and it is directly to do with my dressing ,she has been feeling like this for a while and wants us to seperate.

I said like a thousand others would we try to save our marriage if i gave it up ,but she said no.
    I am shocked and devistated and above all feel so guilty that it was my dressing that has brought us to this situation.
    What also makes it so hard for me is that we have 2 kids ,one a teenager and one younger.
    Sorry if this post is a bit disjointed but it somes up the way i feel .
    I am so lost and dont know what to do.

Cathy

I'm sorry Cathy,
    I have gone through this myself. We are here to listen, so share as much as you need to.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    I'm so sorry to hear your news Cathy. I'm kinda local to you so let me know if you need to talk.

Love and Hugs

Sarah...

Cathy,

Ouch. That is exactly what happened to me. Hold on hon and think about the children. They matter more than anything else in the world. The children need a Dad (my children have still got a Dad and live with me). Be strong and bide for time for a while.

Remember that its unlikely you can stop dressing?

Hugs, thinking about you deeply,
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

hi Cathy sorry to hear of your bad news it is sad to think that one could seperate after so many things we share in our lives, i cant say i know how you feel couz i dont but want you to know that my prayers are with you and your family
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ADELLE

I'm sorry for what you are going through, Cathy. Howeer I can't help but think that there is something more than the cross dressing going on here. More often than not, CDing is only an excuse for a much different problem. For your wife to dismiss reconciliation out of hand without some attempt at saving the relationship, especially when there are children involved, is "unusual." I hope things will settle down and that she will have an honest conversation with you.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I hope these comments don't create a firestorm. But to allow one's love to die, and scrap a marriage and a family with two children involved, all over something as insignificant as crossdressing, is a bit selfish.

I know we don't know all the details, and it takes two to tango, as they say, but I think women should sometimes step back and look at the bigger picture. Crossdressing is really a very silly thing to get so worked up over.

I'm sorry your crossdressing has brought you to this. I wish you well with your future.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I hope these comments don't create a firestorm. But to allow one's love to die, and scrap a marriage and a family with two children involved, all over something as insignificant as crossdressing, is a bit selfish.

I know we don't know all the details, and it takes two to tango, as they say, but I think women should sometimes step back and look at the bigger picture. Crossdressing is really a very silly thing to get so worked up over.

I'm sorry your crossdressing has brought you to this. I wish you well with your future.
    I agree with you on this. If my wife asked me to hang it all up and never take it down again, I would. My wife is the most important person in my life. She is my best friend and my great love. If something I was doing bothered her, I would stop. I am fortunate that she finds the whole thing to be fun and amusing. But if she ever gets to the point where she believes Virginia is getting in the way, well, so it goes. Partners before panties...

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Howeer I can't help but think that there is something more than the cross dressing going on here. More often than not, CDing is only an excuse for a much different problem. For your wife to dismiss reconciliation out of hand without some attempt at saving the relationship, especially when there are children involved, is "unusual." I hope things will settle down and that she will have an honest conversation with you.
    I think so. Your analysis is excellent, Holly.

Cathy you don't have to feel guilty for your CDing. It's part of you.

Kisses and love

Nadia

Thanks for all your reply 's

Cathy, I don't know what to tell you other than to wait it out and see what happens next. Hopefully your wife will have a change of heart and will want to reunite. If a separation was meant to be, then I offer my condolences, and wish you the best of luck in the future. Hang in there girl, and hope for a silver lining to a very dark situation. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I hate to say it but sounds like she has some thing else going. You said you would give it up but she still wants out. I'd say this is especially true if you two have not eintimate for a while
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I am afraid that I have to go along with Holly and Niya on this one. Being semi-supportive for six years and then suddenly lowering the boom on you sounds a little suspicious as it sounds like there was no effort of hers to communicate until this.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Gold Member
    Hmmm, sounds familiar. Some women are supportive at first but later on decide they don't like it. Of course yeah there might be other things going on, 6 years seems a while before she turned against it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I,m sorry to hear it Cathy
    My wife tried to accept it to start with and even after i tried giving up we still split 4 years later, having been married for 18 years and having 3 kids.

Cathy,

Why should you feel guilty. Being a crossdresser as I say frequently is part of your DNA. You did not choose this part of yourself. The only thing you can choose is if you will express the inner femininity through feminine clothing. Hopefully your wife in time we come to the realization that she fell in love with you because of who you are including your desire to dress. If not she will miss a lot of happiness in her life.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I'm sorry for what you are going through, Cathy. Howeer I can't help but think that there is something more than the cross dressing going on here. More often than not, CDing is only an excuse for a much different problem. For your wife to dismiss reconciliation out of hand without some attempt at saving the relationship, especially when there are children involved, is "unusual." I hope things will settle down and that she will have an honest conversation with you.
    I agree with Holly. So many marrriages fail (whether CDing is involved or not) and I believe, as long as there is no abuse involved, it is because partners do not know how to communicate and negotiate their needs. So resentments build, seemingly to the point where it may seem the marriage is irretrievably broken. And then if a third party enters the picture, it can complicate matters even further.

CDing does add to the normal stresses couples face, but if the marriage is strong and if as in your case your wife had accepted it, it does not make sense that it should be the only cause for wanting out.

Would your wife agree to counseling sessions for a predetermined amount of time given there are children involved? If not, an initial separation might be better than a divorce as it would give both of you time alone to evaluate whether divorce is truly the only option.
    Reine

Silver Member
    Cathy, I feel so sad for you and understand how you feel. I went through the same thing years ago as you are experiencing now. When I told my wife that I was a cd she could not accept it either. We stayed together for the sake of our nine year old son but the marriage was doomed. We devorced years later and both of us are much happier now. I can understand what you are going through at this time and wish the best for you. Being the way we are does create problems for some of us and we must deal with it the best way that we can. Good luck to you.

Sorry for your sadness and all but I agree with Marla. It just isn't that simple. You must insist before this goes any further that you will both go to counselling. I believe that a marriage and family that are otherwise strong will not be sacrificed because of crossdressing unless there is a huge lack of uderstanding and communication. Don't fold up without fighting to save your marriage. And don't make promises that you won't keep. If the marriage is to fail, at least know the real reason.

Banned Read only
    Really sorry to hear about this, and I sincerely hope it works out .

It's not very clear from your post what has happened in the six years between her discovery and now... What has your communication been like, particularly on the topic of crossdressing? What kind of CD'ing activities have you been involved in? How has the relationship been otherwise?

You don't need to answer the quetions, of course. I'm just curious as to what brings one to this point after six years...
    Last edited by Emily Anderson; 06-22-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: missing a g

Hi Cathy,

I am sorry to hear about your SO wanting to leave you, all I can say is that if she does that she never really LOVED you. Would she leave you if you had been in an accident and you were paralized??? Some would say this is not the same, but I say it is. If she really LOVED you she would go through anything with you. LOVE means so many different things to some many different people. I believe the word is used to much for things other than LOVE and it kills the real meaning altogether. Love is used in Tennis as meaning zero. Is that right??? I ,had 2 different GGs leave me and devorse me for my dressing, one after 4 years and the other after 16 years. You have to find yourself, but if you think you can just through it all away and it will go away, you are very wrong. It will tear you up inside no matter what you do, but remember you do have to live with yourself. Keep yourself happy and be honest with the next GG you want to have a life with. Never hide yourself from them, they will find out sooner or later and it will never be good if they think you have lied to them all a long.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

In a tearfull confrontation she has told me she does not love me anymore and it is directly to do with my dressing ,she has been feeling like this for a while and wants us to seperate.

I said like a thousand others would we try to save our marriage if i gave it up ,but she said no.
    I can't help but think that there is more to the story than this. Perhaps her image of you was shattered and your saying you would give up crossdressing is too little too late. But if she really loved you, she shouldn't care if you wore silky pink clothes. Maybe she is looking for her ideal man (if one even exists).

If she is not willing to seek counseling with you, she is not in love with you. My first marriage was a sham. She lied to me to get me to marry her, then she went bar hopping. We split up immediately. My second wife was married to me for almost 18 years and supported my dressing. She died of cancer.

My current wife did NOT know about my dressing when we got married. I tried to quit. That didn't work. I have been dressing for over 50 years. I recently came out and my wife was disappointed that I kept secrets from her, but she wasn't surprised. She is very supportive.

Maybe you can be honest and find someone who will accept you and love you for who you are instead of pretending to be the man your wife wanted to marry. Face it. None of the guys posting in this forum are the masculine men portrayed on television. Some women are not shallow or insecure. Some women can live with men like us who like to be feminine. Hate to say it but maybe this is your chance to find your true soul mate.

It is difficult to split up with the mother of your children. But it is her choice and not yours, because she can't see past your girly clothes or behavior. It reminds me of the commercial where the woman is dreaming about home improvements and a good looking young man in the bed beside her. She wakes up to find a middle-aged fat guy (her husband) smiling back at her. She looked like she wanted to go back to dream land.

It would be great if you both could get counseling at least until both children are grown. But it sounds like she had all she can take. I don't understand why she pretended to accept you instead of speaking up sooner. She put herself through extra years of self-abuse.

Is there any way you can find a compromise with her? You can dress privately and even she doesn't have to shop with you or see you? Or maybe she needs to meet spouses of other crossdressers. My wife said she will shop and hang out with Donna, but she won't have sex with her "big sister". If I want sex, I must be the man. Maybe you both can decide on some rules that make you both happy.

Sorry that your family is going through this. Best of luck to you. If you like, you can PM me.

Cathy, It is sad to hear of your situation, I think Holly has hit the nail on the head, see if you can't get her to come out with the real reason. Has she found someone else? That would be my first thought, especially after 6 yrs. of knowing about your CDing. I wish you the best! Jamie

I think Holly has hit the nail on the head, see if you can't get her to come out with the real reason. Has she found someone else? That would be my first thought, especially after 6 yrs. of knowing about your CDing.
    I think we all thought of that. It might not be true, but we can't help but wonder. Too many lies have come between you. You both must be honest with each other and the children.

I agree strongly with those who have said that the crossdressing is probably not the main issue, but rather a convenient excuse.

People develop in different directions. Maybe your marriage can be saved via counseling, or maybe you both will be happier if you separate. When I was going through my divorce (my choosing), a counselor told me once that often people need different partners for different stages of life. I think there is a lot to that idea although I wish it were not true.

Maybe she found someone else she wants to be with and the crossdressing is a convenient excuse to shift the blame to you.

Best wishes,

Patti