Thread: Do Your Parents Know?

ditz

Do Your Parents Know?

Anyone here have or had parents who know about your femme side?

How did they find out?

How Did they react?

What did you tell them?

What is the situation now?

My parents found out when i was 17. they were going on holiday for a week and leaving me in the house on my own. They needed a small back pack for day to day sndwiches and things, so my Mother went rummaging in my wardrobe for my old school bag. She found it but incovered some of my more sexy lingere, kept on digging and found my anne summers Maid uniform and my makeup as well as other girly things. I had many more girly things but they were kept in a different hidy hole!

While they were away I noticed my bag was gone and my lingere had moved slightly and said to myself "UH OH!" Anyway, While they were away and i had the house to myself i dressed up virtually the whole time.

When they got home, my mother was clearly upset about something and i often found my mother and father having deep meaningful converations. Eventually my Father spoke about it to me over breakfast. We had a long chat and the first thing I said was "I'm not gay".

They never wanted to see me dressed, even though i offered! I thought at the time that the thrill was gone since i though that it was all about the deception and doing the taboo. Parents knowing took out all the fun, or so i thought. I purged, with the aid of a bonfire (I cringe now thinking about it! all that sexy lacy lingere!) as far as my parents were concerned that was it!

Until they asked me last year, as i am now planning my wedding. My Fiance knows and is sitting in the other room right now while i sit here in my new corset and maids uniform, full makeup and Blonde wig! They were just concerned that she knew and accepted me (they had never believed that i had fully given up!)

Now, not much is mentioned about it other than my mother having the odd joke about how pretty i can look! It is nice for me to know that they know and are OK with it. I still keep it between myself and my Fiance but it's comforting to know that they know!!

Tell me your stories (sorry if mine is a bit dull)

Sophie

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that my parents know deep down. My sister and I used to play dress up all the time when I was younger and I'm sure they suspected something. They don't know for sure but I will probably tell them sometime soon. I'm pretty sure they will accept me...they kinda like me.

Ronna's Evil Twin
    Sophie, your story is not dull at all.
    I put together a little "scrapbook" of some of my pictures and I really want to show my mom and my sisters, but not my dad. You know, it's a "gurl" thing.
    I know the reaction would be complete shock since no one else knows about my hobby, except of course for you girls. Should I show them? I did email my sister one of my photo art shots and she asked if it was me or her!

Thankful To Be A GIRL!!! tgirlkari's Avatar
    well ok you asked mysister started or should I say introduced me to this life by playing dress up and barbies I was not allowed by her to play barbies as a boy witch was fine with me. through the next 11 or so years my mom and dad caught me with her and I would get punished (she didn't I said it was mt idea) Once in school I had an accident and as punishment they dressed me in my sisters clothes and made me sit on the porch after the third time they caught on and stopped this line of punishment
    After many times of them burning my girlie clothes and throwing them in the trash I
    moved out on my own and stared dressing all the time at home then many years later
    I dress as i wish I would have to say yes Mom and Dad knows but we don't speak of it the are not ok with it.
    life with love will have some thorns but life without love will have no roses
    Live happy girls
    Kari

Platinum Member
    yes mom knows she told me she has known for a long time...

FemCarl
    I havnt told my parents yet, but if I know my parents, they would disown me (well my father would, not sure about my mother). They wont mind my stuff anyway, it is in a locked draw of my chest of draws.

Sophie, I like your story, not dull at all.
    Myself, My mother had an idea,but hadn't said anything about it untill oneday several years ago I set her down and we talked for hours. She is okay with it, but doesn't want to meet Rikki. I have one sister who has helped me with make up and we have even traded outfits, one other sister and I have talked about it several times and she seems okay with it. The rest a the family knows and they arn't at all okay with it, as far as they are concerned, I don't even exsist and won't have anything to do with me or him.

Rikki

Nope,they don't really know and while it may seem selfish I'd rather have my father not know at all about it.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Hell no.
    I'll tell you why I never tell anyone anything.
    I like people as they are, if I do tell them they're going to judge me based on this information. I know for a fact that my father would farking kill me (I've disowned HIM anyhow, so I might rightly kill him if I ever see him again), my sister would not i repeat NOT understand at all (she is Autistic). My mom might accept me but I'd never be able to have conversations with her about it, it's just too akward. I rather people don't judge me for what traits I have. It would just show me that some of the closest family and friends that I have known and loved for so long are just ugly and vicious inside. I'd rather live without knowing if I'm gonna be happy in ignorance.
    What do they say? Ignorance is bliss, for me and for my family/friends it is and forever will remain so. Sure it's bloody lonely sometimes, but that's the way it is for someone as uhhh original as I (I have many other secrets far more ummm, delicate than cross-dressing). Someday perhaps I will find someone to share some things with but the way things are going (I'm pretty darn anti-social - 21 still haven't had a gf or any sexual experience) I doubt it. But there are always people to support you even if they don't know the full truth about you.

Now that I've got that out of the way, if you've read up to this point I'd like to apologise for raving a little (a lot !)

Heck Im in my 30's Im growing my hair long ( agian) . Last time I saw my mom when she was visiting the city. WE we were talking about my hair . I mentioned how long Id like to grow it. She murmered scornfuley " Well if you want to look like a girl ! " I think she thought I didnt hear her, or perhaps it was a tactic. She used such covert tactics a few time when I was much younger(child). There's more I could add , but no wonder Ive opressed this for soo long .

[SIZE=7]Put it this way

My mom strong Catholic
    My dad Military [/SIZE]

Perhaps my sis might understand , I`ll prob tell her(show her ) one day .
    Interestingly my older borther most likey would be the most tolerant, he would alway feel unfortable with the notion thou.
    Last edited by Milla; 05-15-2005 at 08:07 AM.

mom knows

it was just my mom and me.when i was 13,she discovered me asleep on
    our couch wearing one of her skirts and a blouse.i was so afraid.but
    she was so cool with it,telling me that its allright to play dressup.i don't
    know what i would have done without her.

My mom caught me in one of her bras. I was always doing things to see if I'd get caught. She told my dad. They asked but I brushed the question off and it was never raised again.

I know she found my stach of clothes, because they disappeared one day.

We wer talking on the phone the other day, and I mentioned some of the things I had done that day. She said "That's women's work!" I said, "That's why I'm doing them."

I've wanted to talk to her but my wife doesn't want me to, yet.
    DonnaT

Smile do your parents know?

My Dad died 11 years ago but he did know and never said anything about it.
    My Mom knows and I often dress around her when she is visiting.I am going to visit her again this week as she is still recovering from her heart attack,but I don't dress at her place.(night dresses only)

Tristen Cox

Deep down, I think my mom does know about it, but it only happened after a period of time.

It was when I was 13, I was on another crossdressing site, and I forgot to erase history, so she stumbled upon it, then talked to me about it. I said I was having issues and stuff like that. Of course, I hate being put on the spot, so I looked and sounded nervous, so I think she really did know, but didn't confront me about it because she's afraid it's true (or she knows I'm too stubborn to ever admit it )

I would probably have admitted it, but here's the reason I don't admit to my crossdressing: people have known me for a long time, and from what I've even heard a couple times, I would be one of the alst people to be a crossdresser. I don't know where they got that idea from, but whatever. So if they do know that I'm a CD, then it'll most likely change our friendship, and change it for the worse, That's why I decided against telling my sister.
    Princess by day, Sheika by night.

Hmm.... at this point in my life, I am debating whether talking to them about my dressing.

Like many have said, and I believe, that my mum has known for a long long time. Since I was very small, I told them I wanted to be a girl... as I often told my friends at that young, innocent, age.

So, I'm asking you girls' opinions really... should I talk to my parents about it?? I feel I'm going to have to this summer, due to my circumstances of going to London all summer, and the possibility of us moving in that time. They would move whilst I wasn't here, and therefore would clear up ALL my stuff... that's everything: including my girly clothes.

So... any thoughts?

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

I was caught a few times when I was a teen. Each time I had to endure the "Are you gay?" question. The last time my mom and I spoke about it was about 8 years ago when my wife and I split up because if my crossdressing. After we got back together my mom would ask me if I was still dressing, and I of course would lie to her and tell her no. We haven't spoken about it for about 7 years now and I'm sure it still goes through her head. Since my marriage is going so good right now, she probably thinks that I don't do it anymore. I know it would break her heart, so that's why I don't push it with my wife. I dare not push the envelope with my crossdressing because I know for a fact that my wife would not hesitate to tell everyone again.

Still Learning

Guess What

I am the parent.
    [size=4]*Marlene*[/size]

It is better to be "immortal" than "mortal"

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlene4a
    I am the parent.
    So do you know?

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    My parents walked in on me dressed as female many many times throughout my childhood. They tried to fix me by several means: enrolling me in martial arts, putting me in counseling, and yelling at me/making threats - futile attempts to push shame upon me for doing what makes me feel good. I told them the truth: that I enjoy and prefer female-associated clothing (later in life I discovered that this extended to feminine habits/activities as well). The situation now is that I during my college years, I learned that I wasn't alone and that this behavior is, in fact, accepted. I grew my hair out and learned about transgenderism. I explained to my religious yet openminded mother my past and told her about my possible future. She has come to love me unconditionally, and I, reassured her regardless of the future shape of my body, I will return that love and acceptance. My father attempted to disown me last summer because he saw my sorority composite, with me as female. After a month, he started talking to me again. His conditional love lacks substance and meaning. He and I remain mentally distanced, while mother and I are free to discuss any topic and she no longer makes a face when I mention make up tips or when she sees feminine things in my laundry. I obtained my black belt in karate, graduated college and currently have my own apartment. They are married and still live together.

Charlie
    Last edited by gender_blender; 05-17-2005 at 03:12 AM.

When I was real young, I left my hiding place for my hose (behind the bottom dresser drawer) exposed. Mom found my hose and told me to throw those away. I did. She asked me what was in there, and I said trash. (Looking back, she was trying to find out what I was really up to.) When I was a teen ager, she found my sister's dress in my room and she yelled at me saying put that back. Never did she ask any questions about it. It never came up again.

A couple years ago, I needed help dressing as a woman for a thing I was part of. Mom helped me by sewing some padding in a bra and supplying me with a slip (I wanted something silky, but she gave me cotton.) She laughed and laughed. It was great being in front of her in my dress and hose! I talked to her about pantyhose and she let me try on some others (I had bought the pair I was originally wearing.) I ended up trying on several pairs of my mom's hose and modeling them for her. She never seemed to connect the dots to back when she caught me with some mysterious items.

nope, they don't need to know... I don't do it enough to inform them of it.. almost got caught a couple times growing up though.

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    My parents know because they caught me numerous times, all of which have been pretty bad. They've always had some idea because I started going into my mother's closet at the age of 3 or 4. When I was about 10 years old, my dad walked in on me painting my toe nails, and he beat me like a dog. Needless to say, I was scarred for life, and I've felt guilt and shame about CD'ing ever since but the bad feelings are slowly going away.

After college, I moved home to live my parents because I'm going to graduate school now. It's really hard to dress because my parents aren't supportive at all. My mom found my stash a few months after I moved home from school, and she forced to throw all that stuff out which really sucked.

Now at the age of 26, I still find my self rushing to jumping into the shower and ripping off femme clothes off my body whenever I hear someone entering the house. I'll probably get caught again, but seriously I have begun to not care if I get caught or not. There's no thrill in getting caught anymore.

Banned Read only

Do my parents know?

Hi,

My name is Sarah, and I CD whenever I can, but my parents do not know about it, nor do I suspect they ever will. If I could I would tell them, but I do not want to upset them too much (though my mum would probably be offended to find out I felt I could not talk to her).

I think it's a real shame you had to burn all that stuff of yours, as I know how much it makes you feel yourself, but I am pretty lucky there - I have a friend who I used to go out with, we are still great friends, she is really tolerant (used to work at an LGB centre, and is bi herself), she keeps my vast collection of stuff at her place. She even says I sometimes look more feminine than she does, and she loves my goth chick outfit and long black wig

I really look forward to visiting her as we get on great and I feel myself for a change, and since my mum is really feminist and my dad is a psychotherapist, I wonder how they may react!

If you ever want a chat, I am on MSN Messenger. My contact email is sarah8553@hotmail.co.uk - look me up sometime It will be happy to talk...

I though your story was very interesting, and I think the picture makes you look very nice.

See you around...

Sarah.

Mum knows, infact shes very supportive, I even store a few of my gowns and dresses at her house, due to space problems in my bungalow.
    Dad does'nt know, and will never know (he'd disown me if I told Him).
    Mum found out when she used to go to her drawer and her nightgowns were missing. She wore the most beautiful nightgowns, Long and flowing, lacey and very victorian, Princess like. I used to hide them under my bed.
    She caught me once when I was 15. She was very caring and chatted with me on that day.
    She is still supportive, but worries where I go and who I stay with when I'm away. I've told her I go to a meeting place in Melbourne and shes fine with that.
    I love the sweet touch of long flowing satin, silk or chiffon. So caressing, so beautiful. Swishing in a gorgous flowing ball gown is the most beautiful experience. I love being all woman.