Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thier guys!

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar

Angry

Those were the words that first hit my ears when a friend and I went to Walmart , I somehow did not feel quite right when we left but I really did not need tohear that let alone the few guys that had to come by to see the show. I don't think we looked bad , in fact I was wearing the same clothes as in my avitar except my top was olive with biege embroidered floral pattern at the bodice. Oh well such is life ,time to go shopping and cure the blues.

ok wrong avitar pic , I was wearing an pale orange knee length skirt and biege floral flip flops that matched my olive floral embroidered top .
    Last edited by Daintre; 06-24-2008 at 03:19 PM. Reason: use the edit button

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

So, Did you get hit on? Or, better yet, did you hit on one of them?

Well like old Abe said... Ya can fool all of the peoplle some of the time... And some of the people all of the time... But ya can't find a pair of heels in size 18 DD...

Hey... the way I see it... Its part of the hobby...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Well, sometimes you go to the show, sometimes you are in the show, and sometimes you are the show. Just part of being trans.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Victoria, some people just do not know how to keep their mouths shut. And there are people that will make fun of anyone for any reason they possibly can. Do not let them get you down. Be yourself and enjoy. Just ignore them and you will not draw attention to yourself.

I had someone do that to me the first weekend outing my wife went out with me enfemme. We were in the Mall of America and she had a moment of panic and I left her alone and went down a ways to shop one of the open stores in the middle. I was looking at purses and I notice this teenage kid circling and he suddenly says "It is a guy!" and then he was gone. I just kept shopping and did not see him again.

I do not pass and get many surprised or questioning looks. But that is the only time someone has blurted something like that out loudly for all to hear.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Manners are becoming extinct.
    Dana Ryan

Gold Member
    If only the rest of the world could see into our little CD discussions.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Well at least you livened up their boring little lives for them Victoria and gave them something to think about!!

You look good and passable in your avatar. Show us some big pics of you in the Pic Section!

Getting read isn't too bad. Mostly you give people the laugh. Except in the washroom and fitting rooms though.

Silver Member
    There are rude and inconsiderate people everywhere. I think it is just poor upbringing. If someone said that to me I would just smile and ask them why is that a problem for them.

Feign amazement and exclaim, "OMG, they're ignorant apes!" Okay... maybe not the best way to handle it, but wouldn't it feel good? The reality is to ignore the remarks, hold your head high and go on with your shopping. If they can't force a reaction from you, they have no power over you. And I think you look very nice!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

This sounds shallow I know, but it's true none the less - unless you are both highly exceptional, you are never going to pass if there are two or more of you together. I once heard it put less than delicately "There's no passing in a herd". ouch!
    All kidding aside - what might be a hint or a maybe when people look at you becomes a certainty when they have all the hints that two of us together provide. The down side there is that it is often a lot of fun to hang out with other tgirls!
    Your avatar looks great - I'll bet you have no trouble when your alone huh?

You may be guys (pretty guys albeit), but they're jerks!!
    Dana Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    This sounds shallow I know, but it's true none the less - unless you are both highly exceptional, you are never going to pass if there are two or more of you together. I once heard it put less than delicately "There's no passing in a herd". ouch!
    All kidding aside - what might be a hint or a maybe when people look at you becomes a certainty when they have all the hints that two of us together provide. The down side there is that it is often a lot of fun to hang out with other tgirls!
    Your avatar looks great - I'll bet you have no trouble when your alone huh?
    Kimberly is right on with this. I do pretty good on my own and haven't heard anything said about me in a long time, BUT, when I'm with other TGirls, we are much more easily read. A couple I know are very passable. but when we're together "in a herd" we get read. And the only times I've heard anything rude and crude in the last year was when I was in a group. In your avatar you look quite passable, but what do I know, afterall, I'm a woman in a guy's body in a dresss!

Stay strong, ignore the crud of the world, and be SAFE.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Victoria Anne,

Sorry to hear about you Walmart blues. It's happened to me too, but not in Walmart (not yet anyway).

Some of our Sacramento crossdressing group spent the weekend in SF a couple of weeks ago and we were getting "read" left, right, and center!

When we were in the Fisherman's Wharf tourist area we were walking past a small group of young African American guys, one of them called out and said in a loud voice so that everyone else all around could hear; "holy sh*t! ... are all you guys brothers?" .... ha ha very funny! (NOT!) We just ignored him and kept on walking. Anyway, whatever, .... in tourist areas sometimes this sort of thing happens and being in a large(ish) group of 6 does get you "read" easier.

The next day after having breakfast at IHOP, we were outside walking to our cars and there was this smart-a$$ macho looking guy walking towards our group of now 11, and he shouts out (to no one in particular) "damm! ... is the women's volleyball team in town today?" I didn't "get" his joke at all and we all just ignored him and he walked off laughing to himself. When we got in the car one of the GGs explained that apparently women's volleyball players have a reputation for being tall and masculine looking. Humm .... well ok, but I've never heard of such a thing. I guess it's just another case of "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me". Try not to let it bother you.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

"There's no passing in a herd"
    I've heard this said before and have found it to be true most of the time. The biggest difference is that when I'm out with a friend or two, it's much easier to ignore the ignorant. But last Saturday I received a couple off the wall comments while out in an outdoor mall. The first was rather innocuous, "only in America" or something like that. The second was a little more vicious, some old bag of a lady (ok, maybe she wasn't all that old but she really irritated me) spewing hate of some sort. Hard for me to hear exactly what she was saying because I was walking with a gg friend. We simply ignored and kept moving along. I had always thought that being with a gg would provide some semblance of insulation, or even street cred. Apparently not, but I so very much enjoyed having her company anyway.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 06-24-2008 at 09:31 PM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Well, sometimes you go to the show, sometimes you are in the show, and sometimes you are the show. Just part of being trans.
    Pretty good! We can add that "we" always dress for the game -- ahem!

The "major" outing I had was when I dressed out in Vegas and my wife and I had a marriage ceremony. Some knew I was a cd (the chapel employees). Some had no idea -- like outside on the street for pictures. The bottom line is my wife and I had a wonderful time and it was, to us, worth the experience to have this special ceremony!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I went grocery shopping (for the second time) the other day and I know some people made me but I was a little ticked off by one young GG who alerted everybody at the checkouts who then all had to turn and stare as I walked past. I waited a few minutes before going to the check out but the magic had vanished and the cashier was barely polite. The "lady" I suspect of outing me was standing nearby looking at me directly and laughing. I just smiled and ignored her from then on.
    However I felt better when exiting the store as I met other shoppers who had not been alerted and passed without a single glance. So confidence restored, I walked to my car and drove home.

Edwina

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Anne View Post
    . . . I had always thought that being with a gg would provide some semblance of insulation, or even street cred. . .
    The same person that shared the "There is no passing in a herd" wisdom with me used to also insist that being with a GG dramaticaly INCREASED your chances of passing. It's not fair that the one held true for you but not the other! :-(

The same person that shared the "There is no passing in a herd" wisdom with me used to also insist that being with a GG dramaticaly INCREASED your chances of passing. It's not fair that the one held true for you but not the other! :-(
    Yeah, it was kind of a surreal experience and my friend seemed to be even more offended than I. But now that I think about it, this was the first time in a whole lot of years that I have walked out and about with a gg. So that was the first test of the theory and I won't shoot it down on just one incident. Besides, I cannot say how the 99.9% of the others I encountered in public reacted internally because they didn't say or do anything to make me feel as if I was presenting as anything but a woman, perhaps because of the gg being present.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member
    Darling somebody who looks as good as you do shouldn't worry about what rude straight people say---I would be more than happy to go out dressed with you anytime anywhere---or for that matter stay in with you if you weren't already spoken for---next time we will go togather and I'll bring My whip to teach them some manners.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I once heard it put less than delicately "There's no passing in a herd". ouch!

yes, I've also heard/herd ! - the more there are of you the more attention you attract.

Just remember you my be a guy in a skirt for a sort time but they are stupid forever.
    Angie

Hi Victoria Anne,
    You look beautiful in your picture! You can come hang out with me and Monica anytime.
    We went to a GAY nightclub and we had so many people there staring at us!! It was kinda uncomfortable. But being with Monica and kissing her in front of them all was great!! I said eat your hearts out, ha. I will drink to that!

I hate people sometimes. So what if someone isn't the same?
    A TS/CD/GG friendly network of friends and admirers