View Poll Results: Do you want to appear in public?

Voters
314. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a desire to go out when crossdressed (even if I don't).

297 94.59%
  • I don't have a desire to go out when crossdressed (even if I could).

17 5.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desire to go out in public

Banned Read only

Desire to go out in public

Some of us want to get out there in public, and others are stay at home girls.

Which are you, and what motivates you one way or another?

Love Going Out

I love going out, beit, shopping ,going to dinner or to a show. Count me in !

Huggs, Renee

going out

I was always chicken to go out dressed as a woman. I have spent good money on wigs padded panties breastforms and shoes. I went to cosmetic counters at Macys and got lessons endrab as to how to put on makeup and finally did it last year. Even though in the mirror i still knew it was me inside, when I went out dressed I was amazed that even standing next to people they had no clue that I was not a woman. It is all in how you carry yourself and make sure you dont talk much..lol
    Janet

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

something clicked and I had to go out

I don't know when it happened, but after wanting to hide in the deepest part of my closet or behind the hotel room door, never to be seen by anyone, something clicked. All of a sudden, I felt like I was doing something wrong by not going out. It took a couple of years and lots of emails and lots of practice with makeup and hair and everything else before I put my hand on the door to get out. It took another year after that before I ventured beyond the ice machine. I still don't go out in my home town, but when I hit Las Vegas, you can't keep me out of my skirt and out on the street.

As the twig is bent... Leslie Foxx's Avatar
    For me, being dressed behind locked doors and closed curtains was like being a dead athiest: All dressed up with nowhere to go.

After going out for the first time, I knew I had done the right thing for me and I never have regretted a moment of it. I've always been accepted, or at least tolerated where ever I've gone. I wish I'd done it a lot sooner.
    [SIZE="3"]Leslie[/SIZE]

"In these shoes?"

I think one part of gender dysphoria is not only being able to see yourself as a woman, but having others see and treat you as such?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Hell yes I would love to go out in to the world and maybe some day I will.

Love going out now I can. Almost the worst torture is to stay in dressed. A year ago I would have said the opposite. Wierd.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I love going out. There is no feeling in the world like like being out and about and having someone acknowledge you with miss or ma'am.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Going out or not

The problem with Polls is that it seems the right answer for me is always the one not posted.

I have gone out quite a bit. My wife knows and always goes with me.

To be honest, it has kind of gotten to "been there done that".

We went out a lot in the beginning and over time it has turned out that it is not a big deal for us. We are very comfy in our lives and have nothing to prove to anyone.

So the answer is..... We go out if we feel like it and we usually don't. We enjoy just being....

I feel i am who am I no matter what skin I am wearing.

Haven't gone out completely femme and not sure I want to, but I have gone to Pilates with painted toes and wearing girly socks before. That's fun for me. I'm pretty much a stay at home girl.

Rachel

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenCDFL View Post
    The problem with Polls is that it seems the right answer for me is always the one not posted.

I have gone out quite a bit. My wife knows and always goes with me.

To be honest, it has kind of gotten to "been there done that".

We went out a lot in the beginning and over time it has turned out that it is not a big deal for us. We are very comfy in our lives and have nothing to prove to anyone.

So the answer is..... We go out if we feel like it and we usually don't. We enjoy just being....

I feel i am who am I no matter what skin I am wearing.
    I think the problem with polls is that I don't always think them through 100% and sometimes I get caught by people like yourself who simply aren't able to answer the question. Maybe I need to add an "N/A" answer to every poll I make in future. Sorry for that!

Wanted to go out....Went out...Love going out!!!
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 06-25-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Missed out the word "go"

I have before many times and can't wait to do it again.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

going out it ok if dress the part. what i have knows is the better you look the better you will be trate by the pople out there.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Would love to!! Scared? You bet. I'll go if my SO goes with me - that's how fearty I am. Otherwise I'll be a stay-at-home girl.

Sarah...

Totally a "Guy in a Dress" . Would love to dress in skirts or dresses all the time but have to keep it solo.

Even before I broke out, I wanted to go out.

working toward it...

Every several months I try to set a milestone goal for myself and then go do it..one was walking around the block at night at 11:00 p.m (quickly)....another was getting a makeover and having some photos done. My big milestone is to go out in public for the first time (bar or club or local CD organization)...probably in Philadelphia...and hopefully before October.

every milestone is a rush for certain...and I definitely want to go out...but its always a lot of guessing and second guessing and fretting. I imagine that once I finally do it, it will be like .."wow...that wasn't that hard...but it was great !"

I enjoy going out shopping in drag. It's quite an adventure and it's nice being pretty in a skirt suit!

Never a bar though, I need to hit on women!

For me its not so much the desire to go out dressed as a woman, but the desire to express the free will to do so if i happen to be dressed as one when i'm indoors...I find it so exhausting to have to keep swapping genders every time i need to go out to say get milk. I could spend hours doing the dressing and make up and then think "damn i'm out of toilet roll" then i'd do the clean up routine,back to male mode, 2 mins in the shop, back home, then hours getting dressed femme again..and then "damn i've only got 3 cigarettes left" here we go again clean up routine.........

Quote Originally Posted by tricia_uktv View Post
    Almost the worst torture is to stay in dressed. A year ago I would have said the opposite.
    I gets to be 'why bother going to all that trouble just to stay in', dunnit?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Sometimes I don't make it past the boundaries of my backyard, but I love to go out.
    warmly, Linnea

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Desire to go Out is alway's there.

Desire to go Out is alway's there. Not the most passable as I don't do makeup well or at all, pretyy much all I do is shave as close as possible. But I still have a strong desire to go out and eventually be out in public places like a shopping mall or store.

Right now I have managed to go walking in the early morning every other day while dressed. I only pass by about 5-6 people with little or no reaction. I have graduated to midday or early evening walks where there are hundreds of people in the park. I don't think most people notice but some do, but no one says a thing. My ultimate goal is to go shopping in a store.

I have attended Renaissance meetings in Allentown with other girls, some TS and some Cd'ers. You mentioned wanting to go to some meetings, I'd like to invite you to the Renaissance meeting here in Allentown if you live near the Lehigh Valley. You can PM, I can provide details, I will say going to a meeting with like minded women is a wonderful feeling.

Kimberly

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    Hell yes I would love to go out in to the world and maybe some day I will.
    Exactly the same as Tina....although I can't see the opportunity arising anytime soon
    Hugs,

Christi