Thread: Grocery Shopping

Grocery Shopping

Sunday morning, it was, and my girlfriend wanted to go grocery shopping. We drove to town, where there was a big, one day sales promotion, at a large supermarket.

I was wearing denim short shorts and a black T-shirt, and 4" stacked heel, open toe sandals. Two pairs of small silver hoop earrings, and bright, sparkly fuschia manicure and pedicure.

At the supermarket, while with my girlfriend, I was a approached by a cute, young blonde woman. "You are awesome!" she exclaimed. "And your calf muscles are BULGING!"

My girlfriend has become accustomed to strange women walking up to tell me how cute I am, and we had a good laugh about it. She thinks that these women want me, though.

I will repeat that I am not now, and have never really been cute.

The thing is, though, that when I put on a flirty pair of shoes, and a cute little outfit, that women are all over me, like flies on shit.

Rather than my being accosted, threatened, bullied, or condemned, pretty young women are constantly approaching me, giving me compliments, and initiating conversations.

I believe that women are genuinely attracted to the dressed up, decorated man, and my experiences seem to support this thesis.

Is this happening to any other of the male readers?

I don't think many of us go out with out trying to pass as female for the fear of ridcule. That is awesome that though that you get compliments dressing female, but still clearly a man.

can we see how cute you are hun.
    Angie

In fact, I am 59 years of age, well past my physical prime. And the funny thing is, most of the women who approach me are probably 25 to 40 years younger.

It is not that I am trying to pass as female. Definitely not. More of a guy with freestyle fashion leanings. It constantly amazes me how many much younger women are attracted to my stylings.

But, what the heck, I enjoy the attention. Why not?

I've grocery shopped enfemme but I don't get anyone coming up to me and telling me I'm cute! Lol. But I really enjoy just strolling around the store pushing a cart.. Leiserly taking my time.. Simply just a lot of fun...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I too get alot of compliments from women when I am out enfemme, I wear knee length dresses, and wig makeup when I go to the store. The women are always telling me how pretty I look, and I always get compliments on my legs. and yes it is the pretty women who approach me, I even get asked out by some women. I really love the attention.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Haven't gone out grocery shopping enfemme, but while in bars and at concerts I've had similar things. Not "after me", but definitely very friendly. One place I go to sometimes ( a bar, but a nice one), they rarely let me buy my drinks and the bouncer ( who is a woman ) gives me a big hug when I leave and tells me to come back soon. I do not really pass either... I think they just like to see men trying something different and encourage it when they can. In my experience, women are much more likely to be accepting of a CD than men. No clue why?

C.

Women do seem more accepting and maybe more sypathetic. They can tell if you are trying to look your best and they know how much effort is involved. When one tells me that I look better than she does first I thank her for lying LOL and then I tell her she is naturally beautiful I have to work at it. You've made a friend for life.

I got hello's and smiles from pretty women and I feel they'd like to be friend with me like girl buddies but I'm afriad of what might happen if they find out I'm a mTF CD. Maybe I should give it a try!

Gold Member
    I don't go out much en femme anymore but it does seem like I get more attention from the ladies. They seem to have a thing for my legs.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Ithink that much of this reaction is related to women's general sense of empathy and greater openness to such things as transvestism.
    warmly, Linnea

Aspiring Member
    It happens to me, though I believe I come off as someone eccentric and not a cd.

I had my nails done in a bright neon green. Women would tell me how cute it is, show me their nails. Happens from time to time.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

I have had women compliment me on my outfit occassionally however it is not a standard practice with me. I have noticed women are much more accepting over the years while men many times look at us with disdain. As for grocery shopping I have been doing that en femme for the past several years, it seemed a natural thing to do. Whether it be in a skirt and heels or jeans and my pink Nikes it only adds to the feel of being a woman.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    I went grocery shopping the other day and reported on my experience here:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...0&postcount=18

Definitely no complements. Could it be that GG's in my country are not as liberal in their outlook?

Edwina
    Last edited by Edwina; 06-29-2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: wrong link

Aspiring Member
    I too have been grocery shopping en-femme.

When shopping as a male, i get what i went for and leave. As a Lady, I enjoy strolling through the store looking at the specials, and acting like any of the other ladies that are there that are not on a mission to get what they need and get going.

When i a restaruant, I have had waitresses and other people comment as to how nice the outfit i had on looked, and it makes one feel great to be accepted as a lady and complimented on your outfit

Denise

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

Gotta go dressed to the grocery store

Gotta try it. Somehow I don't think I will get the same compliments tho. But sounds like you have a good time.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magickman View Post
    In fact, I am 59 years of age, well past my physical prime. And the funny thing is, most of the women who approach me are probably 25 to 40 years younger.

It is not that I am trying to pass as female. Definitely not. More of a guy with freestyle fashion leanings. It constantly amazes me how many much younger women are attracted to my stylings.

But, what the heck, I enjoy the attention. Why not?
    I am 76, not sure about my physical prime? I do shop, both for groceries and other kinds, dressed enfemme and with pale pink manicure and bright red pedicure. But with no wig and no makeup I am still a man. And like Magickman, I do get attention. IMHO, I do have nice legs and I do get a lot of comments on them. Thanks to my dear late wife's good taste, I also get nice comments on my outfits. And yes, I also enjoy the attention!! Like Magickman said, the ladies are much younger!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    When I go grocery shopping I get smiles and hellos from women and one time a woman complemented on my dress and wanted to know where I bought this purse and she started a conversation about shopping for clothes

i had a guy complement my nails last year on halloween. he bought me a drink and we talked for a minute but it prob would have been a different story if it were any other wknd. who knows, maybe he was a cd too.

Silver Member
    I have not gone out grocery shopping en femme yet so have never recieved any compiments on how I look. I do keep my finger nails long and polished and have recieved many smiles from women at the checkout. Whenever I am at a checkout and see a woman with nice nails I compliment them on how nice they look. They always react by looking at mine and this is when I get the smiles.