Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing hair long...

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar

Growing hair long...

I have a question: does anybody have any tips for growing hair long? Right now my hair is very short (almost buzz-cut length) and I'm thinking of growing it out. My cousin had his hair down to mid back for years, but I don't remember what he did during the bad hair length when it was still fairly short. I have an office job where I cannot get away with wearing a hat or a bandanna at all really. I have never had long hair before either.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

For me, growing my hair is just an extension of fairly long hair that I have for a guy.

I don't know if it's my age (getting onto university/student lifestyle) but hair that is quite long (fringe down to about eyebrow level, and equal all over) is fashionable for guys at the moment.

So don't worry about the in-between phase, and just let it grow. I've restyled mine about three times since growing it out - it's just whatever works best at the time. I'm now at the stage where I only need a few more centimetres until I can put it ALL back in a pony tail.

good luck, and hugs xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Well all I can say is you`ll most likely have to deal with about 6 months of bad hair days before its a respectable length .

I am growing mine out as well.I once had hair halfway to my waist.Then I shaved my head for many years,now I'm growing it back.Don't worry it will grow at its own pace,when it begins to cover your ears you can tuck it behind the ear until it grows longer.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla1018
    when it begins to cover your ears you can tuck it behind the ear until it grows longer.
    That's what I'm doing

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips everybody. Now I just have to convince my GF...she likes my hair short and "manly". Six months of bad hair days? Doh! Maybe I should get a guy hairdo wig and start wearing that all the time? I hear that they now sell a "Donald" wig - thats a good hairdo right? LOL!
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Just finished dealing with that phase.

And it was difficult for a period of about 3 months b/c it just d/n seem like there was anything that worked. But, I did finally find that using a leave in styling lotion by J Crew helped alot. I ended up looking like Antonio Banderas for a while with the hair slicked back and tied in a tiny pony tail, but at least it all stayed put. Be ready to get some guff from some coworkers, too. They can't help giving nonconformists a hard time b/c they don't have the balls to do something different themselves.
    Chrissy

Platinum Member
    i am growing my hair as well now dry down to my shoulders...wet abought 3 past my shoulders....mine was a mens reg. hair cut .....let it grow and enjoy it what a wonderfull pain in the as_.............

Trust me after it gets a certain length she wont be able to keep her paws outa your hair .

Dancing With Unicorns Sarah Ellis's Avatar
    I made a big mistake a few years ago... My hair, I had let it grow for years, was right down to my ass and was shiny and jet black. I used to have it in a pony tail, as you do in a male world, but I used various brightly colored bands to tie it in (yep, pink, red, orange etc). I was so sad one day when I had to cut it very short for work purposes.. I'm trying to grow it out again but I'm going through that bad hair day phase now..

Satin xxx

CLAINEY

Growing hair

Try gelling it back and keep it that way until u can tie a tight ponytail it looks very neat and tidy

Departed

Angry

I'm at that bad hair length time right now and I'm thinking of just giving up and cutting it. I never used to wear hats at all and now I wear them all the time to keep this unruly mop on my head from looking like a rat's nest.

Then I got into coloring it and the last time I did it I tried a new product that would add streaks to your hair. I was looking for dark brown with dark red streaks. The primary color turned my hair a burgandy color and I didn't even want to try the streaking I was so upset.

So I guess I'm not the one to talk to if you are looking for encouragement but I had to get this off my chest.

[size=7]I HATE MY HAIR NOW![/size]

There, that's better.

Now, where did that barber go?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie M.

There, that's better.

Don't you dare go and cut it... or u know that *bitch slapping* advice you once gave me =) =) =) don't make me come over there flower
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Platinum Member
    I'm at that bad hair length time right now and I'm thinking of just giving up and cutting it. I never used to wear hats at all and now I wear them all the time to keep this unruly mop on my head from looking like a rat's nest.

Then I got into coloring it and the last time I did it I tried a new product that would add streaks to your hair. I was looking for dark brown with dark red streaks. The primary color turned my hair a burgandy color and I didn't even want to try the streaking I was so upset.

So I guess I'm not the one to talk to if you are looking for encouragement but I had to get this off my chest.

There, that's better.

hang in there it gets a lot better....i know been were you are now loveing it .......

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

long hair

my hair would get out of control when it was long,, so i had my wife buzz me with the razor and i was almost bald it was so short,, but now i have a nice 7 inch ponytail,, the front of my hair curls into devil horns when it gets dry unless i use hair spray to hold it down,,, i am waiting for the front part of my hair to get long enough to join the rest in the ponytail im always sportin,,,

by the way i live in Phoenix wer the summer temps hover around the 100 degree mark,, so i am realy paying a price to have long hair,,,

wearing pantyhose with shorts in the heat is a cake walk compaired to havin long hair in the heat

p.s. check the date of this posting its now 108 outside and its only MAY,, gona be a lonnng hot dry summer

CLAINEY
    Julie u should start wearing a neat ponytail it would suit u
    Bye Clainey

There, that's better.

CLAINEY

Hair

U WOULD ALSO SUIT A PONYTAIL ALL SLEEKED BACK;
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessedwithpantyhose
    my hair would get out of control when it was long,, so i had my wife buzz me with the razor and i was almost bald it was so short,, but now i have a nice 7 inch ponytail,, the front of my hair curls into devil horns when it gets dry unless i use hair spray to hold it down,,, i am waiting for the front part of my hair to get long enough to join the rest in the ponytail im always sportin,,,

by the way i live in Phoenix wer the summer temps hover around the 100 degree mark,, so i am realy paying a price to have long hair,,,

wearing pantyhose with shorts in the heat is a cake walk compaired to havin long hair in the heat

p.s. check the date of this posting its now 108 outside and its only MAY,, gona be a lonnng hot dry summer

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    My hair is to the middle of my back.

It looked bad while I was in the shaggy phase, but it looks fairly nice now. I was happy when I could finally tuck it behind my ears. The first time I let the shower water pull my hair back before adding conditioner was awesome as well. I enjoy being able to toss it around also.

I find it fun to shop for and use nice conditioner that makes my hair feel very silky. Plus always having the option to pull it into a ponytail or pigtails is available. I've had it curled, braided, put in a bun, french twisted, etc for formals and other events. It's really fun to play with as well.

My mother cuts my hair every now and then and she asks me if I want a straight cut or a rounded cut for how the ends fall. She's great.

I would say go for it, just let it grow.
    Just casually forget to get a haircut for the next year or so.

Charlie

wow you look so amazing....

i am also at that hair stage... i raelly want to grow it out so bad,

i will try so hard to resist the cut...

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I have a few thoughts on growing you own hair. I will state them later. Suffice it to say, it changed everything for me in ways I never imagined and there is no going back - because I don't want to.

What I want to say now is that I am at 1 year of growth starting from a very short boy cut. Expect it to take a long time. I am not quite there yet. I'd like it to be all one length, about shoulder length. My hair is wavy. It will lay straighter when it is longer.

Some hairs reach my shoulders but the ones from the very top only just cover my ears. I have gone through several awkward phases and there are more to come. Get it trimmed frequently, they can remove some bulk which will make it more manageable.

Just hang in there ang GO FOR IT. You will love the end results. BE PATIENT!

Hugs - Genfier

PS - just joined here. I'll get my icon up soon so you can see where my hair is at.

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar

growing together

Looks like there are more than a few of us starting to grow out our hair. We need our own site" Support for 6 months of bad hair".LOL Bunny has given me the green light to let it grow. She at least knows what it like for me to have long hair. When we first got together mine was down to mid shoulder. She made me cut it; A. because of her conservative parents. B. She felt like she was kissing a girl when it was loose ( if she only knew).rofl I cant wait to get rid of the wig and let her style my hair.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

I would love to grow my hair out, but at 42yrs, i am getting a bald patch up top and i don't think long hair with a bald dome would be a good look either.

I will be moving interstate soon (i will start a new thread about why later) and in trying to find work, i can't risk a 'messy stage' hairstyle that will affect my chances of a decent job.

As much as i have the desire for naturally long hair, i rather fear i've missed my opportunity since the balding process has started.

Maybe i should look into wigs as an alternative.

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Platinum Member
    well my hair is getting there now no wig and just loveing my own hair....and i have my own home grown boobs...little a's and nails as well......just keep up the good work it is soooooo worth it.........

[SIZE=6]$#%@^@[/SIZE]

How did this thread get by me?!!! I just cut my hair last week, it was down to my shoulders and was going to let it go looonnng. But, a few days of thinking it was looking ratty, snip....snip. A day later, I occured to me that it would have looked 100% better if I had just had it trimmed up a bit.

I used to have hair down to the middle of my back. Cut it off in '85 - now i want it back! Of course, now my hairline goes nearly a 1/3 of the way back, but I'm hoping a good hairpiece will cover that if necessary.

I mean, wigs look great and all, but there ain't nothin like twirling your own long hair in your fingertips and giving a little tug.

AAARRRGGGGGG!!!!!

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

I too are starting to grow my hair long,going to speak to my hairdresser today.