Thread: Crossdressing roulette

Crossdressing roulette

I was going to post this upstairs but I'm not sure if it fits there.

I have no desire to go out dressed at all. But, having thought about it, if I did it would be as some sort of manic self induced panic attack, for the dare of it. (I could also go bungy jumping but I choose not to do that too.)

I am sure there is a large proportion of the "cross dressing in public" that is more to do with adrenalin than self expression. The dare of being 'read'. The 'can I get away with this'. The various threads recently about nearly being caught, trying to be caught....It's like kids playing on railway lines.

In fact, when you get to the psychology of addictive gambling and so on, the buzz, the rush, the dare, the adrenalin, it must be for some people the same effect.

Or am I missing something?

Don't knock it till you try it.
    Just do IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
    LOVE & HUGS Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be
    On the Road to a better Place

If, God put you there, God will help you through it.

Why?

Sanity's Revisionist RainyHaze GG's Avatar
    It is an interesting idea. I think that the rush must certainly play a part in somes desire to go out dressed.

Rainy
    [SIZE="1"] [SIZE="3"]But at least I know I want a woman....no wait yeah a woman or maybe a guy that dresses like a woman and sounds like a man. Ok I know I dont want just a man. Everything else is sort of undecided.[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    ok i wanted to go out like crazy...heart pumping ... scared ...rush thrill ...could not get enough.... now every now and then ....rush is still there but i need to be in the mood to do it . for the most part just happy at home..............

Talking

[size=2]i Tripple-dog Dare You[/size]
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have never been outside en femme except in the backyard on a sunny day with a book and a cold drink. I have however, been to a couple of costume parties dressed as a women, except I don't think these count because everyone knew I was a guy and it was a party which is different than being in the public domain.

I have wondered though what it might be like to go out dressed and try to pass.
    I think I would be terrified if I had to interact with people at close quarters. Would this be exciting or scary?....I think probablely both! A bit like being on a roller coaster I imagine, you want to get off because it's too scary, but at the same time it's exciting and fun.

Angel
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 05-15-2005 at 07:59 PM.

I can't wait til my first time out, it will happen soon!

I actually think its important to get out at least once.

Not for the 'thrill' aspect of it, but to settle your mind as to whether getting out in public is necessary or even approriate for you - if you don't give it a go, you'll always be wondering - what if?

This is what I did. I lived near a sportground, so one night I dressed up in a skirt suit, hose, heels, no makeup or wig and walked around the oval area and then ventured onto the streets in the surrounding area for a short period. It was a special moment for me as it was a relief to get out of the house and be free temorarily. I then braved a couple of short daylight excursions in a nearby city whilst I still had the courage.

So yes, going out is a healthy thing - not a dare or a thrill or the like. Howver, I do admit those feelings do occur just prior and when actually out emfemme, but they are side effects to the main question of 'is going public right for me?'

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

cd roulette

i have been out to the bars dressed,,, the first time i was a bit scared but the bar i went to is tg friendly, and they didnt care..

a few yrs ago i did go out dressed for halloween and my neighbors didnt know it was me till i said something and i was standing on their porches because i had my son with me...

goin out at night to the bar doesnt scare me its goin to the store dressed or goin out dressed in the daytime that has me frozen to my front door..even tho i wear suntan pantyhose with painted nails and shorts in public all the time..

Unhappy do what YOU want to do.

I was in college, moving on to university, a close friend who was, and I assume still is in transition, kept writing to me and telling me I should go ahead and start living in role. I knew I wanted to approach my GP, and stop living as a male, but its tough knowing the time and place to just saunter out of your room as her, after the day before when youve been known as him , and all the consequences and attitudes you encounter. I needed to inform and find support from GG friends and know that I wasnt alone, before saying to the world, "Hi Im Sarah now!". Its not as simple as that, and dont use all that self justification psychobabble to say it is. I feel that all this saying"Go ahead and just do it" bravado is unhealthy and that the individual will know, or should use common sense to know if it is safe for them to go out dressed.
    because when that member of this group has taken that step outside and encounters a probelem, there is not going to be all that support there to save her or help. Yes Im sounding very negative, I just feel its important to address this issue.

I think it depends where you fall on the CD/TG spectrum if your a CD either for sexual or relaxation purposes then going out would be no more important than trying to be convincing, now while I do believe there are some who go out for the shock factor knowing they will never pass, I think most who go out are nearer the TG end of the spectrum, and as such the desire to pass and/or be accepted as a woman is very much an important part of their dressing.As with all aspects of life crossdressers are all individuals and as such will have different objectives some like to dress tarty, some like to role play i.e nurse,office worker,bride ect. others such as myself would like nothing more than to blend in and interact with people as a GG, obviously that takes practice (if it can ever be achieved). But that would be my holy grail.
    [SIZE=4] Jayne xx[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jayne
    others such as myself would like nothing more than to blend in and interact with people as a GG, obviously that takes practice (if it can ever be achieved). But that would be my holy grail.

My thoughts exactly. If I only I could belnd in and be one of them!!!

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Speaking of Crossdressing Roulette - how about this:

Russian Chess Roulette
    There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Tristen Cox
    I've done the driving in my car and walking around at a park, but out of public view for the majority of those times. That was enough of a rush for me. Maybe I just don't want to anymore. It never was important to me anyways. But as for trying to pass as a woman? I can do tricks with pictures but anything else would be pissing in the wind.

I like to get out by myself away from the public just for the feeling of walking and the feel of the breeze blowing up my skirt and the feel of being out side. I don't care to be read, I could never pass, so I don't want to be in the public eye. I have been read before and only by accident did I get spotted anyways.

Rikki

I've been out just once so far, and that was with a group of girls to a Tbar. We did end up eating at Denny's, though.

I'll never pass, but as long as I'm with a group of girls - or at least one GG or very passable Tgirl - I'll always be ready to go out!
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

I live in LA, CA and go out to gay/mixed/goth clubs and bars where I'm the only one dressed. I am used to dressing so much of the thrill factor is gone, now I find it to be a pleasurable experience going out dressed and being the person that I am . I would like to dress somedays for the whole day doing what I would usually do, too bad I dont live in a place where that would be accepted. If someone would want to do that with me I would tho *hint hint*

Aspiring Member
    Good question Julie, I can understand how/why it can be a buzz to go public and I that for others getting a kick out of being read can be a thrill.

What are my reasons for going public?.................. Simple I actually do believe that I should have been born female, so I am just living my life as I feel natural in doing so. I just feel naturally right wearing what I wear and looking as I do. My mannerisms are feminine but I am not acting that way I just allow myself to be as I feel.
    I think if I had carried on trying to act like a man then I would have probably have ended my life by now, I was so deppressed living like that.
    I don't identify with anything about being male at all, it is just as though the first 35 years of my life were a total act, one great big pretence.
    I've written before that I have been thorugh "stages" in the TG spectrum and now I only have the last one left, that is GRS. So what is stopping me?............... Well number One the money, I haven't yet got it, and I still do consider the impact it will have on my family and those I love, I will give it a little more time so as they can still get used to the changes that have happened in recent years and then hopefully I will advance the "stage" to full transition in the not to distant future??????.
    It also does bother me that no matter what, I will never physicaly been seen as a woman, I will always be seen as a TS or a man who's had a sex change, but there really is nothing I can do about that it's just something I'm going to have to live with.

love mand xxx

there's a definite distinction between

- wanting to feel free to go out in the open air dressed, to feel the wind up your skirt, to just relax with a warm femme glow in your heart

and

- being prepared and willing for strangers to see you up close with the risk ...........

Like Tristen I've done the driving around and short walks in a secluded place, but risking being clocked ... oh no. I would never pass in a zillion years and I have no intention of becoming a sideshow for the amusement of others.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Gemma
    Ive been out the once, to a tg bar with freinds and my lady and thoroughly enjoyed it and i am not passable at all, in fact I had a front tooth missing, god I must have looked a sight, but the expierence was fantastic, so I say go for it and have a ball, you will soon realise the difference of dressing at home and the thrill of going out, I would love to go out again, but have lost touch with my friends and have no-one to go with

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    ....I could also go bungy jumping but I choose not to do that too....
    Funny you made that analogy, Julie. I was making the very same comparison in my mind last week. (I wouldn't jump either, btw)

I've only been out once so far, and that was only on a long walk along a mostly deserted beach. I've dressed all my life in the privacy of my own home without makeup or wig and have always felt a deep sense of comfort and security in it. To be sure it's why I keep on doing it. Only on very few occasions would I step outside to retrieve something from the car, for example. In those instances, I did notice a definite rise in adrenaline even though I'm in a somewhat remote setting. But, I also found this too to be an enjoyable feeling, though very different from what had I felt indoors. For all these years I've never really felt the urge to go out in public.

Of course that all changed a bit a few weeks ago when I dressed fully with wig and makeup for the first time. When I first saw myself in the mirror, one of my thoughts was I've just got to go out! As I've posted in another thread, there's no way I could ever pass in public, but the in right place with the right people I think I'd have an absolute blast. Something change in me that day - as a man I'm very shy and reserved around others (especially girls), Sigrid, on the other hand, I think would be a total flirt and much more outgoing. That's something I'd love to experience, even just once.

~Sigrid
    Last edited by Sigrid; 05-16-2005 at 10:16 AM.

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica|Vincent
    I would like to dress somedays for the whole day doing what I would usually do, too bad I dont live in a place where that would be accepted.
    Exactly what I want to do...

It's not like I want to go out dressed. Not a big thing for me: but I want to wear the clothes that I feel most complete in. Whether its fully dressed, or just wearing a skirt and heels and a normal shirt or something like that. I just want to be able to wear what I want in every day situations.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]