Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Your Love for the GGs

Banned Spammer

Show Your Love for the GGs

I am troubled by what seems to me to be the frequent complaints of GGs that they are abused or not appreciated enough on this site. Many say they limit their activity here because of how they are treated. I love reading the GG posts and do not want GGs to feel that thay are not important members of all of the forums. This thread is intended to give everybody the opportunity to show some love for all of the GGs on this site, the members and the visitors. I think GGs deserve more respect than what they feel they are getting here. Who agrees with me? Tell us what you think.

Any negative remarks made here about GGS are probably based on envy. The thought of being able to share our fem selves is still mostly a fantasy for many of us. I don't think any offhand remark about GGs should be taken personally by any woman.

It's a no-brainer that men are never going to accept us. GGs might, and we need to do all we can to show them the respect they deserve.

Me I do. But then guess I dont count because I am one. Oh well.
    Take care
    Bev

In regard to the lack of responses to this post:

Very telling and very typical.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    I think it should be a non-issue.

But, obviously not, based on DD's recent post "I give up!", which I'm guessing is what prompted you to start this thread. I can't say I've seen much "GG bashing", but then again the mods squash most of the inappropriate stuff before it gets started, which is a good thing of course.

Let's just be smart in our posts, and this kind of thing shouldn't happen.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    I wouldn't go that far...YET !

Not everyone is on all the time. Wait until tomorrow morning.

And if I need to say it, I have nothing but respect for the GGs who are on here. No matter how much makeup and lace I put on I will never be a fraction of the woman they are.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Well, it certainly is chilly in this particular thread

Just my $.02....I've been in a relationship with an unaccepting GG, and now with an encouraging, supportive GG. IMHO, every FAB on this site is a treasure to be savored and appreciated, even for the mere fact of their openness as well as the help and advice they have provided.

Here's to you, ladies *clink*

I don't know about you'all, but I love GG's! And no, not just their clothes! LOL

Seriously, if it weren't for women, men would still be hacking on each other with spears and axes. Women define civilization as we know it!

Pink, it sure is appreciated you even started this thread and the reason why I posted how dear many of YOU are to me as well. At least it wasn't for lack of trying.

Thanks so much
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Thank you! When I started my thread, I had NO IDEA it would take off as it has! Much less spawn other threads! I'm here because I've made some amazing friends over my lifetime that are CDers and I want nothing more than to show my support in any way I can. I believe the majority of CDers are really good people and don't have the intention of hurting anyone. I just don't want any of those wonderful human beings I've come to know and love be viewed in a negative manner because of the rude comments of a few.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Hi..Sorry i,m late...I,ve been at work!!

I,ve always respected the input of the GGs on here and any advice they give to us.
    On the occasions when i,ve had a GG make a comment on my photos, i feel really pleased she took the time to look and try to help me with advice

Thank You GG,s ...I love you all

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTG's~SO View Post
    In regard to the lack of responses to this post:

Very telling and very typical.
    hang on...people are probably still at work in many parts of the world.
    "Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here, we might as well dance."

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    hang on...people are probably still at work in many parts of the world.
    Plus they need to get through all the panty threads first.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    DD,

As pointed out by someone, somewhere, the net is a big place, and there are all kinds of people around. Some are smart, some are stupid, some aim to please, some aim to anger, and some are somewhere between all of these. It's not easy to educate the uneducated, and it's not easy to determine the level of intelligence of the people posting, nor their motivations, intents etc..

I think Stevie C said it right when declaring that your friend needs to take a more balanced view and weed out the bad from the good. It seems to me she didn't take much time... Having said that, I fully understand that we should try to avoid these GG bashing posts (which I have not seen)...

BTW I don't feel the need to bow down to GG's and more than I would expect GG's to bow down to me. I regard both sexes (and all in between) as equal.

I Always Loved GG's

As a CDer, I love GG's. I especially love my supportive wife very much.
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Talking

My oh, my! If it weren't for GG's, I wouldn't have come as far as I have in accepting myself for who I am. Understanding, helpful, role models. What more can I say? I was just going to post in "loved ones" asking how I can convince my SO to go on here to better understand CDer's!

Nothing but love!

Rachel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "So that others may live..."

"Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker!"

I do love women and respect their every thought,, once in a while I might show a little grrrrrr ..but hey you know .. .. We should all love this Forum and what it stands for... just all be people looking for information,asking questions,making friends and having fun ..regardless of gender or whatever inbetween you may be

i always have love and respect for our gg friends. and i love reading there posts and what they have to say i value there input .. thank you all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    ...I think Stevie C said it right when declaring that your friend needs to take a more balanced view and weed out the bad from the good. It seems to me she didn't take much time...
    What would you consider adequate amount of time? I never posted how long she was on here. Does about three months sound adequate? Does her sending me emails almost weekly about forum threads (mostly good btw) sound as if she "bothered" long enough?

She left not because of a single thread. She's very intelligent and not naive enough to think there are no idiots in any group. What bothered her wasn't so much that a few stupid threads popped up, but that the ones that did or the posts that came up in regular threads went, for the most part, unchecked by other members. Like me, she sees someone not condemning a word or action the same as condoning it. That is why she decided this may not be for her.

Having said that, I fully understand that we should try to avoid these GG bashing posts (which I have not seen)...
    Tamara and TxKimberly posted links to two of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    DD,

I think you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this "event", as demonstrated by asking me how much time I think is adequate to judge whether this is the thing for your friend or not. Sending weekly e-mails certainly shows a level of devotion to the topic, but whether or not that shows a positive interest or not is another matter. Perhaps just "an interest", but I refuse to judge (I don't know you or her from Adam, or Eve).

Intelligence is relative.... No further comment.

Unchecked by members... I leave a lot of responses without comment in the threads that I initiate, because I believe in letting people express their opinions. I could of course start to challenge everything I don't agree with, but I could waste hours on here doing that, and I typically prefer to learn about human nature rather than "stirring the pot".

If it's not her thing, then so be it...

Just for the record, I believe in equality of sexes (and anything in between), and I'd be the first to step in if I thought someone was being deliberately obnoxious.

I know you're upset, and I agree with your initial post. Just don't go overboard, ok?

I've waded through DD's thread and have to admit that I've seen disparaging remarks about almost anyone and anything, though very rare. The moderators do a good job of sorting the wheat from the chaff. On the other hand, THIS IS THE REAL WORLD!! Everyone is not going to be satisfied with EVERY post. I hope this does NOT turn into a vanilla forum that is so PC that everyone mouths the same sentiment. I thought a forum was for EVERY opinion so we could pick and choose how we feel. If it turns into that, all we will be left with are panty-threads. I hope I didn't offend anyone, but with the tone that has been going on, I'm sure I have. Hugs, Amber
    "in varietate concordia"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Plus they need to get through all the panty threads first.
    Is there room behind that couch? Move over and hand me the RUM!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    DD,
    I know you're upset, and I agree with your initial post. Just don't go overboard, ok?
    There is such a thing as beating a dead horse and fodder for discussion - I'd hate to have to haul DD over the bow, she's like really tall and I'm like really short but I'd still help anyone who went overboard because we've all fallen in at one time or another and needed a hand up
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Sorry,
    When I posted there had been about 70 people who had read it and 2 had responded.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Well here goes.....
    While most of the gurls here are very real people and very nice to all whom post here there are a few sour apples that tend to put a dimmer on an otherwise fun place to visit. Sure this is the world wide web and there will always be good, bad and ugly people who come here and post. Mostly to them I just have to say....If you can't say anything nice then shut the hell up! Pretty easy I think.
    Now this is an observation that I have made, it seems that most of the gurls whom are out and about enjoying life are the ones that are the most positive. About CDing and life in general. Some have supportive SO's and some do not, but the common thing I see is that they have an outlet that they can go and be happy, so in return they are generally happy throughout their lives in general.
    Those who are too afraid to come out of the closet tend to be the the ones with the dimmer views, especially those who can't even take pictures of themselves.....
    Not wanting to bash anyone here, I am just pointing out my observations and that in pointing these out that it may help some of the negative people see what they are doing and maybe find a much better and more constructive way of of dealing with their own frustrations, instead of letting them manifest into who they can be online where they can be nice and safe, hidden behind their computer.

I have to say that I have met some wonderful people here and am always saddened when some are driven off by the few who cannot play nice. A few have returned here and there or they just pop up on other more friendly sites. Those that are still here and those that are new, I hope you can see that the majority of people here love and respect you, and to not get turned off by the few who do not.

So in general, think back to what you learned early in life......Treat others as you would have yourself treated!