Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At what age did you realize you were a CD?

Banned Read only

At what age did you realize you were a CD?

There have been plenty of polls about when you first wore female clothing, but at what age did you actually come to the realization that you were a crossdresser?

That is, at what point (age) in your life did you say to yourself "I am a crossdressser!" and what brought you to that realization?

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I was around five or six years old when I WILLINGLY put my older sisters nightgown on for the first time. I felt pretty when I did, even tho my younger brothers were around and laughed at me.

I spent the rest of my childhood/ adolecence wanting to wear womans clothing. I didn't start fully dessing untill I was nineteen. Even then I didn't start wearing make-up until last year. I didn't start going out and about until late July 2007.

I've been a more or less regular Crossdresser, for as long as I've been left to myself. So I'd say, it's basicly a part of who I am. There's no closet and no stopping it now.
    Last edited by SweetCaroline; 07-01-2008 at 09:05 PM.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Banned Read only
    Caroline,

At six years old, I doubt you knew what you were doing, and why you were doing it. The question was at what age did you realize you were a crossdresser?

Gold Member

Let the laugher at Erin commence.

hahahah yep this subject looks familiar. Mine came in stages over several years.

Anyways, have been dressing in some form since maybe 6?

When I was 10, Boy George was who I thought was the prettiest, ummm, "girl" on Television. My best friend laughed at me.

Sometimes in high school, I found a photo in some gossip magazine of Ru Paul in a leotard and fishnets.... ummm nevermind. I felt pretty ashamed.

But for me, I kind of realised and admitted my fascination with women's things at about 19 when I loved women's magazines [yes go head and laugh, Cosmo was my favorite mag.] Before 19 I was trying too hard to be manly.

At about 22 or 23, I said to myself [I am not joking about this] "I wonder what it would be like to be dressed completely as a woman?"

So, I guess 23 was when I said to myself [in my own words]"I am a crossdresser" and embraced it.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I started dressing @ 11 or 12 back then most kids didn't know what they know how I didn't even know I was a cross dresser until a few years latter back yhen I didn't know alot of words as I do now.so I think about 13 or so.
    Angie

All my life

I started at five years old. But the time I considerd myself a full fleged crossdresser was at puberty. It used to really bother me at that young an age. As an older man I can trully except it. Hurray for womens clothes. Life would be so boring without them.Daviolin

I would say that I was about 32-33. Was not able to fully embrace my feelings for at least another year.

I guess I was 18, when I first started wearing full time. Til then, even though I dressed up, I didn't know what CD was. I don't even know for sure exactly when I heard the terms CD,TV,TS,TG. I just knew I like the clothes the girls wore, and when I wore them, I felt better

I started at age 7 when I read or was read to, in "Huckelberry Finn" about how Tom Sawyer dressed up as a girl on one of his adventures. Also I knew someone who dressed on Holloween as a girl. I said in my heart "I want to do that" and I would put on my mom's dress in private. That was in early 60's. Years later, in school, I found in the dictionary that I was a transvestite.......O..Noooooooo! Took me till I was in my mid thirties to be OK with myself.
    Last edited by Jonianne; 07-01-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    That is, at what point (age) in your life did you say to yourself "I am a crossdressser!" and what brought you to that realization?
    YOU didn't answer the question.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I knew I liked the things the girls were wearing very early on but saw a news article about TV's at about age 12 or 13 and knew then that was what I was, and was more than a little uncomfortable with that understanding for a long long time. I wish I knew then what I seem to know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry V View Post
    I knew I liked the things the girls were wearing very early on but saw a news article about TV's at about age 12 or 13 and knew then that was what I was, and was more than a little uncomfortable with that understanding for a long long time. I wish I knew then what I seem to know now.
    Hi Terry,

I agree I wish I knew then what I know now my life would be totally different. I knew I was a CD when I was fourteen/fifteen. Also knew there was something different about my gender. Just wish there was more information and support back then.

Huggs, Renee

I don't ever remember starting.

But around 18-20 Is when The Holy Shtttt came...That is when I realized I'm like this and I'm not going to change. Before that honestly I never put much thought into it. I just did it.

But then I thought . Hmmm I must be gay? But that is another thread.

I think I was in my late 20s when i first heard the word crossdresser, so I looked up the definition. Up until then most people who spoke of those who dress in womens clothes, used the word transvestite, (and sometimes more derogatory terms). I liked the term crossdresser because it best defined what I had been doing since my mid teens. I must have been around 28 or 29 when I finally admitted to myself that I was indeed a CROSSDRESSER.
    Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

When Did...

I was about 3 or 4 when I started putting on mommies stockings and dressed on and off till puberty and them WHAM Big Time.

I actually realized what I was doing when I was about 12 or so and I had read the "Everything You wanted to know about Sex" Book By Dr. David Ruben. He had a small section that explained about this thing called cross dressing. Up till then I had no idea that anyone else in the world actually did this.

I was in my early thirties before I would actually admit it to myself.

When I was around 18 and was start of the whole internet boom took off. I wore female clothes way before 18 but I didn't understand it at the time.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    Caroline,

At six years old, I doubt you knew what you were doing, and why you were doing it. The question was at what age did you realize you were a crossdresser?
    I knew exactly what I was doing. It's one of my earliest memories, and like I said, I willfully chose to put on that night gown. My answer stands. 5 or 6 years old.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I've always known that something wasn't quite right with me. It wasn't until one of my older cousins dressed me up in a dress that I realized who I was.

Hi Emily,thought it was 8,then i guessed it was 21,then i knew it was because i replied to your thread
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Well I always felt I was too "nice" Translation: sensitive to be a popular guy. In my teens I dressed and of course it had the sexual excitment so I fooled myself into thinking it was becuse I didn't have a girlfriend. But once I was married at 21 and she went to work and I worked nights and slept in her nighties. That is when I knew it was lifelong.

Early teens for me. It started with a pantyhose fetish and took off from there.

3 or 4

I understood my wanting to be a girl at age 3 or 4. That si when I started dressing. I knew I was different but had no frame of reference until Christine Jorgensen and that was very scarey.

From then on I often would wish it would go away. I began to accept myself in my 20s and really ahve never realized full acceptance

Quote Originally Posted by KarenCDFL View Post
    I was about 3 or 4 when I started putting on mommies stockings and dressed on and off till puberty and them WHAM Big Time.

I actually realized what I was doing when I was about 12 or so and I had read the "Everything You wanted to know about Sex" Book By Dr. David Ruben. He had a small section that explained about this thing called cross dressing. Up till then I had no idea that anyone else in the world actually did this.
    Ugh. That book was so full of stereotypes and preconceived notions about gays and crossdressers that it wasn't even funny. But, I suppose for being written in the time it was, it was a pretty open minded view.

As for me, I started when I was 13, didn't realize I was a crossdresser until probably 16, but I remember thinking about crossdressing from the time I was about six years old.