Thread: One of the perks of being known as a comedian...

One of the perks of being known as a comedian...

..., is that I can out myself at work pretty much on a weekly basis and it'll simply be seen as another "goof".

One of my coworkers, gay and quite proud and loud...and at times somewhat obnoxious as well, was tearing into "trannies" to another coworker. His schtick was in the area of "...and those transvestites,.. you know, not the drag queens, but the real sicko trannies that dress like their grandmothers, all frumpy with long housecoats and all, and it's sooo weird cos they don't even try to look good cos it's all just a sick fetish...." and blah blah....

So, I just had to walk by and say "Hey wait a minute! That's not true. Hell,.. my choice of clothing always leans toward a leather mini or something denim and a nice blouse! We're not all frumpy y'know!"

And my partner-in-crime at the office chimes in to agree with me and interject some more humor into it before we walked away.

Harmless banter amongst coworkers, yet with a little sprinkle of "if you'd really just believe me" thrown in.

Cos I've always said "You can tell anyone the truth... but with a smile or laugh, most times they'll think you're just kidding.

jenn

Quote Originally Posted by jennCD View Post
    Cos I've always said "You can tell anyone the truth... but with a smile or laugh, most times they'll think you're just kidding.

jenn
    So very true!!!
    I do the same thing myself, but no one ever believes i,m really a crossdresser

You don't believe me? You think I'd wear a frumpy dress? I'll show you what casual Friday really means.....wouldn't that be a trip!
    Kristen

Gold Member
    I am guessing here that he thinks drag queens are fashionable.
    YET, he thinks most CD's dress like grannies and he calls us "transvestites"?

Shows what he knows.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Forget him. It's his way of coping with his own preserved failings.

Heh I do that too and if I suspect someone might be cottoning on I then take the "joke" to such a ludicrous or ridiculous extreme that they just put it down to me being wacky...

Ohh yeah.. I'm doing the same thing... Did the "hi I'm Karren and I'll be your sterardes this flight" on the company plane once.. Or twice. As I handed out the breakfasts before we took off.. Even said imy flight uniform was in the cleaners.. One of my coworkers said I'd look good in a dreess... Come to think of it... The same one who pointed me to the womens dressing room last time we went out on a mine tour together. Hahaha

So the jokes probably on me since they all most likely know..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I was interviewing some one for a job and she asked me about the dress code. I told her I wasn't allowed to but she could.

I have done the same thing too, it is amazing how much you can tell people without them believing you.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar

That has me thinking...

I work in a virtual office and we all joke about what we wear during "working hours". How some still dress as if going into the office and some still in their PJs. When they asked me what I wear, I explained how I usually put on something that makes me smile or laugh because its a high stress job. My co-worker Steve, joked he did the same thing, wore something to relieve the stress... lingerie. Everyone laughed and I was tempted to comment further.

Now I wonder....should I?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Humor is great, Especially when you just don't give a damn. Had a co worker try to embarrass me with homophobic remarks.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Just last night ( at my second job) had to put up a somewhat heavy box of hardware on the orderpicker ( forklift with a platform) , one of the other members of the freight team made the comment, "I'll be down here to catch the "boys" when you drop 'em from lifting that box"

" Not to worry, I'm wearing some tight undies, they'll be just fine"

Laugh laugh from him, ( snicker snicker if he only knew)
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Dear Miss Jenn,

I would love to work in your office!

The guys that I work with like to pick on me (they know I like the attention).
    We go back and forth all of the time. Knowing that I am not a morning person, they especially like to pick on me "BC" (Before Coffee) - they like to live dangerously.

They bought me a 6 barrel Nerf gun for Christmas that I have gotten very good at using. One guy will say something and run and hide under his desk. Of course I made the mistake of buying a duckie keychain that quacks for one of the guys, now when someone asks him a question; he says "Let's ask the duck" and pushes the button.

I think it's important to have humor at the office; it certainly makes the day go by faster.

Hugs to all,
    ~C

Quote Originally Posted by searching View Post
    I was interviewing some one for a job and she asked me about the dress code. I told her I wasn't allowed to but she could.
    Great Remark! Where can I send my resume?

Being gay you would think he would be more thoughtful of others who do thing a bit different then the mainstream people. I would think by being gay and knowingly not liked by some would be more tolerant of others. but I guess even gays have there My way is the only way jerks.
    Angie

Interestingly I just did this the other night at home. I happened to be standing right by my wife's purse and my daughters BF says to me, "Is that your purse". I must have had that deer in the head lights look or confused look as he said it again as he pointed down to my side. I looked and came back with, "that is my wife's purse, it is blue. Mine is purple." A chuckle and the conversation moved on. I guess now I need to get a purple purse. I only have brown, black, white/tan ones.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I think I could out myself to anyone in the office and they wouldn't believe me.. Lol. This afternoon I was helping a friend use the big scanner.. Making floorplan copies.. And the discussion of the plush sculptured carpet in the new building came up.. He said "and we had discussions about women and hi heels and that carpet".. Which I replied.. "Well I'm not wearing my heels on that carpet".... He quickley replied... "I think you'd look fantastic in heels". And he's not laughing at all.. I think he was being serious... Hmmmmmm....

Then on the way out at 5 I was talking to another exec secretary.. Who had knee surgery.. "So your not wearing your 4 inch heels yet"..... "Did you see the new carpeting"". She had and we talked about the saftey and heels... We parted in the parking lot and I yelled.. "Well I'm not coming upstairs in my heels to visit you". She waved and got in her car...

No one believe you when you do tell the truth... Guess its time to wear them to wok one day!! Hahaha.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I think I could out myself to anyone in the office and they wouldn't believe me.. Lol. This afternoon I was helping a friend use the big scanner.. Making floorplan copies.. And the discussion of the plush sculptured carpet in the new building came up.. He said "and we had discussions about women and hi heels and that carpet".. Which I replied.. "Well I'm not wearing my heels on that carpet".... He quickley replied... "I think you'd look fantastic in heels". And he's not laughing at all.. I think he was being serious... Hmmmmmm....

Then on the way out at 5 I was talking to another exec secretary.. Who had knee surgery.. "So your not wearing your 4 inch heels yet"..... "Did you see the new carpeting"". She had and we talked about the saftey and heels... We parted in the parking lot and I yelled.. "Well I'm not coming upstairs in my heels to visit you". She waved and got in her car...

No one believe you when you do tell the truth... Guess its time to wear them to wok one day!! Hahaha.
    Karren, maybe that will be your parting shot (walking in fully en femme) when you finally retire in a few years? i can just picture that. (Actually since I have seen so many FOTDs that is probably the only way I can picture you!)