Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2039

Thread: Your female name *merged threads*

I looked through a name book. I loved the name Melody. My wife likes the name too.

I spy a Konata in this threat! *gets my net*

The story of the rise of PuniPuni is a long and complicated one which I will tell now because I'm putting off writing a paper. About 2000, I discovered the Internet! \o/ What followed was about 7 years of multiple online handles, most of which revolved around the anime Tenchi Muyo. Then about my junior year of college I realized that more animes than Tenchi exists and that I had money. So I got into other animes. I was also a history student and ran around as Anu, a Mesopotamian god of the sky or light or something... Anyways, at about that time I was diagnosed with clinical depression! \o/

After three years of therapy and such, I realized that my old online handle was making me depressed, so I created a new one. But this time I was sick of all my handles bringing out the most negative in me, so I made myself create the most positive image I could. Using the anime Popotan as a source of inspiration, PuniPuni was born! (Puni means "squishy" or "plushie" in Japanese). I've been PuniPuni for about four years now and so far it's the longest online handle I've ever had. Whether I'd introduce myself as PuniPuni in public is hard to say. It's not really a normal name in any culture... But I likes it. <3

Three girls I grew up with and idolized and wanted to look/be like. I am named Brandi after one of my best friends Brandy growing up. Ironcially none of the three girls knows about Brandi since I have lost touch with them.

I still haven't decided on a name. I was considering Lenore, Leondra, and another one which I can't remember. Just call me L.

L

My given name is James, thus simple and easy is Jamie. No magic here, nor much thought.

My wife and I sat down many years ago with a baby name book and picked it out. It is of celtic origin, and my last name is a reference to my male first name.

Should be a spy. ;) italianprincess9878's Avatar
    Well, my female name is Daniella, or Dani for short. I chose it based off my middle name. Daniel. (Pronounced Danielle, the traditional hispanic way. :P) I added the a on then end because...honestly...it sounded more Italian, and even though I'm not Italian, I sorta wish I was. xD I even chose a new middle name too: Monette. Cause it sounded pretty. ^_^ Daniella Monette Gonzalez.

Banned Read only
    Asking my Mum what she would have called me if I'd been born a real girl.

I have had 3 names. The first was the UK female spelling of my birth name, which was very confusing, because with so many US users on both the forums I joined, I discovered that the British convention - Leslie male, Lesley female - is reversed. Not sure if that's true everywhere, but then after my first trip out dressed I thought a proper 'femme name' would be appropriate. Those likely to offended by religious jokes stop reading now!

It was in January, near the date when I was confirmed into the Anglican Church, the Feast of the Conversion of St Paul - so I called myself Paula D'Amascus ( ie - Paul on the road to Damascus - feminised.

That served until my marriage ended and I planned a legally binding name change, at which point I wanted a name that wasn't really a joke - no joking matter at any level any more - and also one that I could use all the time - not only in female mode as it will be a while before I can consider going full-time.

I then thought about my wife's and my plans, when we met, to have a child ourselves. She already had a daughter, but we thought it was not too late to try. Well - with the tests and everything it worked out that I had plenty of resources numerically, so to speak, but too high a proportion were damaged - so it was unlikely that we would manage a child.

When we were trying we discussed names, as you do, and by quirk of fate hit on a name, regardless of whether it was a boy or girl - and settled on Ashley.

So that is now who I am - all legal and above-board!
    This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

not really a big story to me picking my name =) Just that my real name is kyle so my Girlfriend called me Kylie so i suck with that LOL, i know that Kyle can be a girl's name as well but Kylie sounds better to me =P.

Well lets see.....
    Tiffany = My wife called me Tiffany once when she was mad at me because I was acting like a co worker named Tiffany.
    It stuck after that.
    Lee = Is the oldest of my three sisters middle name and she asked if I would carry it too.
    Marie = My wife has two legal middle names. Marie being the second so she added it to Tiffany Lee and it became Tiffany Lee
    Marie
    Diamond = A universal last name shared with another CD sister I am close too. We chose Diamond because neither of our own
    last names fit well.

Tiffany Lee Marie Diamond

I've always liked the name Cassandra, so it stuck with me. And after telling my high school best friend, it stuck even more
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hugs,
    Cassie

In the great words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam,"
    [/SIZE]

I did the supremely lazy thing of just taking the names of two actresses I fancied a bit (Jennifer Aniston and Cameron Diaz), and just did a bit of a cut-n-shut job!
    I recently found out that there's a Latina actress with my name!
    When I dress, I keep my real name anyway (which is really blokey btw), this is just a cheap alternative to use in public!

Tam is Matt (my real name) backwards the two i's replaced a y over time to make......Tamii!!
    Born only to find Answers

I went with Molly because it's one of my favorite names, and it's the name of one of my favorite fictional characters, Molly from William Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy. Although, I'm not nearly the badass that Molly Millions is.

I finally decided on it last night after a few months. i was stuck on either Chloe or Josiphine. I don't know why but I love those names. Decided that Josiphine just fit me better while dressed and fit my personality much more.
    Verthi Ther ath Gothi, Nordic for, may the good come to you.

WEll Cerena just cause I actually used to nick a female char in a game like that so..

Munshine (moonshine is how it is pronounced) Nightwood was the name of a druid character that I played a long time ago. I loved the name, and that is why I chose it foe my female name.

my ex used to call me alana i always liked it

I live at the beach for part of the year and always dress there, since I'm by myself there.......................
    [SIGPIC]

i liked then name Lauren or Amanda i ended up with Lauren after a little game of Eeny meeny miney mo

I have chosen Beth Ann as my female name.

My name has evolved a bit just like me. I have chosen to be Mary Louise because Mary was my mother and I wish to honor her. My middle name is Louise and it comes from my wife. When I told her I was a CD, she said "geez louise", so I am Mary louise.

I decided not to use a female name. I simply go by John in this forum.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I am Janet Elise. Took Janet from a friend I had once. And Elise
    is my niece's middle name.