Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This has been bugging me!!!

Gold Member

This has been bugging me!!!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it or even if I should, but I'm a bit ticked about the picture area, and it has nothing to do with the Mods but us members, seems like if a gal posts her pictures and shes drop dead good looking she gets a ton of posts, now if a new gal posts a picture and shes just starting out and has aways to go she hardly gets any replies, also the hottie that has it down don't all ways seems to give replies, come on give all the girls equal time here please is all I ask, and yes I have found my self making this mistake all so in the past but I am far from the hottie stage, thats all I have to say.

Banned Read only
    If she's hot, she's hot. If she's not, she's not.

'nuff said.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post

'nuff said.
    Still deserves a reply.

Well said Tina. A little bit of encouragement goes a long way.

...If she's not, she's not.

'nuff said.
    And if she's rude.... Some people just don't "git it."
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Don't you worry about it, Tina. You look good enough! I'd hate for anyone to see me right now. Scary! Just keep working at it, you'll get there.

'nuff said.
    And comments like these don't help either, this is just rude

Tina I've been thinking this for a long time, I gave up posting in there tbh, because they were always shot down with all the people posting in threads that get loads of replies, but it was a waste of time, members tend to 'bump' up their own threads just to get them back on top, anyone would think it was a competition to see who could have the most threads on one page...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Wow .... this is interesting ...think hmmmmm ..takes a break

I agree Tina

Everyones got to start somewhere and it would seem that with encouragement in the first pics, people gain the confidence to try differant things and post further pics until eventually the shy newbie becomes a regular poster in the photo thread

Just my

Hi Tina: I agree with you too, but I hafta say that it's a crap shoot. If you happen to post during a slow week you may not get many responses. On the other hand when there a lot of gals cruising you will most likely get more. When I posted I was tempted to "bump" it up every once in a while but refrained from doing so. Needless to say I haven't posted any since the first time. In many ways it's just like high school, All the pretty girls get all the attention and that's just human nature. We all want to be recognized and sometimes you just have to toot your own horn to get attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie

I guess what keeps coming back to me is the fact that this is a support Forum, It is where we can learn, teach, and enjoy in a positive manner. I am not saying everything has to be rosy, but come on folks, when members post their pictures, surly we can give comments in a positive way. Remember, for some starting out this is a scary thing.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

I saw a post today that was unbelievably critical of a new persons post and picture. I think we should be here for each other to support, not to intentionaly belittle someone.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

How Bout This

Everyone who feels this thread is hitting a nerve...back off on the picture posts for awhile and start supporting the others in the section for awhile ..It has hit a nerve with me and I'll be the first to start

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlyn View Post
    Everyone who feels this thread is hitting a nerve...back off on the picture posts for awhile and start supporting the others in the section for awhile ..It has hit a nerve with me and I'll be the first to start
    Hi Sherlyn: If I may be so bold. I don't think it's necassarily productive to quit posting but the point is to also respond to the others who do. I know I don't respond to many threads, (I guess I am mostly just a lurker) but it is sometimes very gratifying to know that someone appreciates the effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Shine On You Crazy Diamond
    Luv Jamie

I hear what your saying and I never said quit..just take a chill !!!

It would be exactly the same on a completely straight site.

This is just our society.

The good looking get noticed and the not so good looking do not.

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    But wouldn't it help to comment on those who aren't "so hot" to encourage them to do better? I mean, how many here were instantly gorgeous when they started? It takes time and practice. Wouldn't/didn't you want encouragement? You need not lie but you don't need to ignore either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

I'm terrified to post a picture of myself online. I can't get over the risk of someone noticing that it is me. It's ridiculous, I know. I've only just begun to explore crossdressing with my SO. In fact, she has only applied makeup to me one time (last week) and it has been the greatest experience I've had save the pleasure of my child and being a parent. Being accepted when I expected to be anacceptable was a real surprise.

Maybe you girls will accept me. Maybe not.

So far I am really proud of myself for joining this forum. I'd never lurked nor explored, but when I finally searched I found this forum right away and I am grateful.

I'd like to post pictures of myself, and maybe in time I will. So far I am just a chicken though.

I am new here. I didn't notice the picture area until I signed up. I've seen some pictures that the ladies looked like I could ask for a date if I met them in public. I've seen some that didn't "fool" me at all given the website. I have danced with ladies that I KNOW are female that could make you wonder if they were guys. We are all more likely to notice what we like and life isn't always fair. So far I have not replied in that section since I don't really know anyone. If I did decide to post there, I would hope for positive feedback and if an "improvement" is suggested I hope it is politely phrased.

Brina

Quote Originally Posted by Brina Halloween View Post
    I am new here. I didn't notice the picture area until I signed up. I've seen some pictures that the ladies looked like I could ask for a date if I met them in public. I've seen some that didn't "fool" me at all given the website. I have danced with ladies that I KNOW are female that could make you wonder if they were guys. We are all more likely to notice what we like and life isn't always fair. So far I have not replied in that section since I don't really know anyone. If I did decide to post there, I would hope for positive feedback and if an "improvement" is suggested I hope it is politely phrased.

Brina
    Some of us aren't bothering to pass either. If my profile showed my gender, it'd say "60/40"

Ooooh. Interesting topic. From my point of view, I see 3 different sides. Yes Three. The First side is just going to the pics and only posting on the ones that we think are great. I'll admit it. I'm guilty of that too. On the other hand, I've seen some that will post no matter what. I could start a thread right now and put a picture of a sock and ask what someone thinks and chances are i would get replys from others that post on anything just to bump their number of posts up. Then there's the third side. The side I love. When I first joined, my pics weren't that great. I got a few replys, but I got PM's. Only the person who pm'd me and myself knew about these. sometimes I got more of these than I did posts in my thread. They meant alot to me and helped me get better. To me, when I get a pm, it's better than a hundred posts.

Platinum Member
    i don't post pic threads very often ..... i look them over and i don't do a lot of posting in that forum.... it dose seam that you can see some threads getting tons of replies and some with little or no replies ..... thread bumping sucks in all sections .... and is against the rules ......... getting every one to play nice????............

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    But wouldn't it help to comment on those who aren't "so hot" to encourage them to do better? I mean, how many here were instantly gorgeous when they started? It takes time and practice. Wouldn't/didn't you want encouragement? You need not lie but you don't need to ignore either.

Also this is supposed to be a support forum, so where's the support for someone who's new and trying and gets hardly any posts whether critical or not?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDaughter View Post
    Constructive comments, yes. But, comment. Look at the numbers they tell it all.
    Hugs,

Teddie

'nuff said.
    It's very blunt, but she makes a fair point in a way. Of course those who look amazing are going to inspire a whole bunch of replies from people saying 'you look amazing', which in a way is fairly redundant. Not that I suport this in any way, which is why I never post in picture section, I figure if someone looks good I'll let the hundred other lemmings all say so. There are no pics of me because they would just be me in my one top (its green with a touch of lace), and everyone can see my face (and goatee) on my profile.

That said, it would be nice for the more experienced to offer constructive criticism to those who may not look quite as stunning as they might - its a bit heart wrenching to see someone who's tried hard get neglected because they're not as pretty as some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]