Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GG confession about dating CD (detailed)

GG confession about dating CD (detailed)

Hi! I have seen many posts from CD discussing their problems and concerns with dating. As a single GG attracted to CD, here’s my perspective; my experiences and challenges. For background, I will start by describing how I got involved in the CD community:

I've been divorced for many years but only recently decided it was time to start dating again. I joined a regular on-line dating site last fall. One of the first flirts that I received was from a guy with only femme pictures posted. I had never been exposed to CD before that. I read his profile where he discussed his boy side and his girl side and I was initially attracted to his values and character traits of openness and honesty - qualities that I hold in high regard. Those qualities totally over-powered the fact that he wears dresses (he’s actually a drag queen). I look at what is on the inside of a person, not the outside.

We got to know each other over e-mail and the phone. He was patient with me and answered all of my naïve and dumb questions. When we discussed meeting, he told me that I would have to meet him in drag first because that is part of who he is and if I couldn’t accept that, it would never work between us. I agreed. Having never met a CD before, neither of us knew how I would react. When I first saw her, I was immediately attracted to her because I had already gotten to know and to like the person underneath the clothes. Her dressing was never an issue for me.

I started doing my own research and reading books and articles. For a couple of months I joined a site to meet CD and I talked to many CD/TV there – I have made many friends, some I now consider my best friends and I can’t imagine not ever being friends with them.

So far, I have gotten to know over 70 men (ages 24 – 65) through IM, e-mail and phone calls; most are non-CDs. I have had face-to-face dates with 12 different men including 4 CD/TG. I have still not found that “one” special someone that I connect with.

One unexpected obstacle that I have encountered is that when I get to know a non-CD they freak out when I tell them that I have dated CD (I don’t even get to the fact that one was a drag queen). I’ve had 3 guys dump me just for that. They mistakenly think that CD is perverted and that by my association, I must be as well.

One non-CD that I had several dates with sent me this e-mail regarding my CD friends: “Your unusual friends make me uneasy. It makes me wonder what you are really looking for. Obviously, you are not into semi-traditional relationships. A person can normally be judged based upon their interests, friends, and recreation. What should I presume? You have played your hand and continued to pursue interests that are not tolerated by "reasonable” people.” … He then gave me an ultimatum – give up my “unusual” friends or give up him…he’s been gone for a while now.

According to him, "reasonable people" will have nothing to do with me because of my friends and "interests" (meaning my attraction to and friendship with CDs). I know that in some ways he is right. People from church, work and even my own family will not or do not understand. Sometimes I feel that I'm wearing a scarlet letter. Have I basically alienated myself from the vast majority of single heterosexual non-CD men?

I think finding my soul-mate among CDs might be even harder than finding that proverbial needle in a haystack. I have been to local CD events. I mostly meet married CD or some that have too many personal issues to even think about a relationship.

I am currently on a couple of regular dating websites; I just registered at a new one the other day. My profiles say that I’m CD and TS friendly. I have met many CD, unfortunately, despite the fact that they say they are looking for a real relationship, most are only looking for sex with a GG while dressed, or are more interested in their own fantasies/fetishes without any regard to my preferences or getting to know me.

Of course, many non-CD are also only looking for sex. If I was only looking for sex, I could have it every night of the week with someone different. I am not looking for indiscriminate sex so I am not on some of the sites that do allow CD/TS/TG/TV specific postings. Any suggestions for other sites?

If I may vent for a moment - I have had several guys (mostly CDs) lie to me about their marital status. And yes – being in a committed relationship (even if there is no ring) counts. I don’t play those games. Be HONEST!

Ultimately I am looking for a LTR and I would enjoy it very much if my partner where a CD (actually I would prefer it). I love having a girlfriend and a boyfriend in the same person. I love the contrast; the masculine side and the femme side. I love the fact that CD can relate to some of the things that girls go through and I will never be questioned on why it takes so long for me to get ready to go.  I would enjoy outdoor activities, car shows, etc. with “him” one day and a girl’s day of shopping, pedicures, etc. the next day with “her”. Redefining traditional gender roles, as the mood dictates. Going from casual to dressy in a single day (I have a wide range of interests)…

The last CD that I dated was my best “girlfriend” and confidant until we started dating (we split up recently; I’ve discovered that losing your girlfriend is harder than losing a boyfriend). We have so much in common and we connected on several levels. He has a good balance of boy and girl. I went out with “him” and with “her” and enjoyed every aspect of our outings. I enjoyed “girl” talk; sharing ideas to be discussed; talking about fashion or sharing makeup tips. I could tell when he was thinking more like Jessica instead of Jesse (not her real names) and I would just follow along.

When my friend was femme; she would give me fashion shows so I could help her choose an outfit to wear. I bought things for her. I styled her hair and helped her with the process of becoming femme. The best part was taking her out and showing her off; whether we were shopping, dining or clubbing. She’s such a flirt; she would purposely swish her short skirt to get my attention….. Mmmmmm…. irresistible! The passion when she’s femme was more intense for both of us than when he was in drab. The details I will leave to your imagination…

Everyone who has met me says that I'm very rare in how accepting and encouraging I am. I don't understand why other women don't realize the advantages of having their man dress. I love to be treated like a lady and I can appreciate others wanting the same. I think every male should go through some type of femme lessons, maybe there wouldn’t be as many divorces if both partners understood each other better.

BTW, I'm a girly-girl and I'm straight - I'm not attracted to other GGs. With a CD, when we get intimate, even if she's dressed, there are still the all-important boy parts. Why am I not repulsed by seeing a CD with a short skirt? Why do I find this so attractive? Am I a freak?

In conclusion, while I would prefer to be with a CD, I am keeping my options open as it is very difficult to find single CD actually looking for a real relationship. And then to find that one special person that you connect with and who shares enough common interests (besides CD) to make it worth exploring… My search so far has not been in vain, I do have several platonic friendships with CD/TG that I am thankful for.

Knowing the answer to these questions is just as elusive as that needle in a haystack; I’m sending these uninhibited thoughts out into the vast cosmic cyber universe for consideration and commentary. Now where’s my fairy godmother when I need her? Thank you for listening to my ramblings and sorry it’s so long, I tend to type what I feel!

Hugs to all,
    ~C

Not a freak

I have no doubt the other girls here will all agree, you are not a freak. You are a drink of water in a desert. Fear not the idiots of the world who said the things they did you. I think it's great you shared your romantic past and included CD's. If a person can't handle that, there's allot more they can't handle.

Finding love no matter where you look is hard, heartbreaking and seems impossible. But I can tell you it is possible. That you want a relationship with a CD is fantastic. But keep in mind, love has its own ideas about whom you should be with, try to stay open to all possibilities life may offer you. In the meantime enjoy yourself as much as possible. I’m not suggesting random sex with strangers but you are single, enjoy it for all it’s worth.
    [SIZE="2"]Katherine[/SIZE]

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Carrie,

I agree with Katherine and don't give up. There are a lot of nice people out here.
    Dana Ryan

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    lovely, wonderful story, really !! thank you for sharing it !!

!!

C

Why can't I meet someone like you? Where do women like you hide?

Michelle

Carrie, thank-you for the perspective from the other side. You have confirmed something that I have suspected for a long time (actually almost 40 years of marriage has confirmed it as well)... that honesty is generally held in high regard in relationships. I do hope that you find what (and who) you are looking for.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Carrie thanks for taking the time to tell us that great story
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post

BTW, I'm a girly-girl and I'm straight - I'm not attracted to other GGs. With a CD, when we get intimate, even if she's dressed, there are still the all-important boy parts. Why am I not repulsed by seeing a CD with a short skirt? Why do I find this so attractive? Am I a freak?

In conclusion, while I would prefer to be with a CD, I am keeping my options open as it is very difficult to find single CD actually looking for a real relationship. And then to find that one special person that you connect with and who shares enough common interests (besides CD) to make it worth exploring… My search so far has not been in vain, I do have several platonic friendships with CD/TG that I am thankful for.

Knowing the answer to these questions is just as elusive as that needle in a haystack; I’m sending these uninhibited thoughts out into the vast cosmic cyber universe for consideration and commentary. Now where’s my fairy godmother when I need her? Thank you for listening to my ramblings and sorry it’s so long, I tend to type what I feel!

Hugs to all,
    ~C
    Carrie,

Are you a freak ? Most certainly not, hun. To me, you seem to be a most caring, open and loving person, who wants to share a wonderful life with an individual that is a GM that just happens to have "a girl inside". The fact that you actually PREFER a CDer over a Non-CDer, makes you all that more desirable (speaking for myself, of course).
    As for my preferences, whether you are a "girly-girl" or not, it's not a big deal to me. I can find a woman attractive even if she's wearing just a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. She doesn't need to be "dressed to the nines" to be attractive/pretty.......a beautiful personality goes a long way.
    I wish you all the luck finding your "CD soulmate", and hope that everything turns out happy for you.

Alana

Heya Carrie,

Thanx for your wonderful "confession"....

If only my wife had 1% of your understanding and interest in my TG side,... but alas....

"All good things come to those who wait,.. but give it a few minutes more and the good things may even become great things!"

jenn

As I read your post, first thing I thought of was all The CD's that we get around here who protest and groan that they can't find a woman who accepts them as they are.

We have at least a couple of those threads running right now.

You may be the exception to The rule, but here we have a woman who actually PREFERS the company of a CD. Ain't that amazin'!

Are you going to get private PM's and get "hit on?" Oh, you bet! But please be aware, DD (Demonic Daughter) pointed out something a few weeks ago that is very important. Some, (A few) of the lunatic fringe are going to get weird and perhaps a bit nasty with you. You probably have experienced some of that stuff on other dating sites. But, the majority of us are kind, and caring human beings. I hope you can understand, and sort through all of that garbage to find the right people. The old adage is correct: "there are a lot of frogs out there."

I wouldn't waste much time trying to explain your preferences to "Straight" males, there's always the chance you will connect with a closet CD, but most of those guys will look upon anything outside their narrow views as a threat. I had one come up to me one time and ask me: "If I talk to you....will you think I'm queer?" Most of these guys got left behind in The Mentation Department!

(Sigh) I'm sad, your in Colorado....I'm in Florida. I'd take a fling at grabbing The Ring, but geography puts the damper on that idea. But, welcome to our little club, good luck and have fun!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 07-09-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Batteries Not Included
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post

One unexpected obstacle that I have encountered is that when I get to know a non-CD they freak out when I tell them that I have dated CD (I don’t even get to the fact that one was a drag queen). I’ve had 3 guys dump me just for that. They mistakenly think that CD is perverted and that by my association, I must be as well.
    Consider my mind blown.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Thank you Carrie. Its always nice to hear when a women can potentially appreciate the different perspective a CD can bring to a relationship. I wish you well on your search.

Hi Carrie
    Thanks for sharing those thoughts and experiences with us. I think though you have to realise that regular guys will get freaked out if you mention your passion for CDs, they neither understand CDing or a womans desire to be with one. Their lack of understanding and limited experience of it breads fear.
    Maybe it would be wise not to talk about it in the presence of regular guys, after all their main interest is in themselves and how attractive you find them.
    As regards the CDs you have dated telling you porkies and not wanting anything permanent. Unfortunately that does happen whether CD or not. I guess the temptation for some CDs to meet and have sex with someone else is quite over powering but I have to say it isn't typical of all. It sounds like you have just been a tad unfortunate in meeting more than your fair share.
    I wish you luck in your quest to find the perfect partner, I am sure you will have a full PM box on here and from what I have gathered so far there are quite a few single CDs looking for mates so you might easily find someone.
    Take care
    Bev

Wow! You are an amazing human being. Just keep being yourself. Love will find you when you aren't looking. If I were single I'd be yearning to meet someone just like you. No doubt about it. You don't seem to have a problem separating the wheat from the chaff. Just keep sifting!

Lara

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    Carrie,

You are not a freak. Last year I was looking for a girl like you....and she found me. She thinks she's a bit odd, but not for loving CDs. I think she's wonderful, and count myself lucky.

From your post I see are thoughtful, eloquent, have integrity, affectionate, compassionate, generous, open-minded, and have the courage of your convictions.

You will find a CD to complement you, and this person may be as rare among CDs as you are rare among humans in general. (Actually, when I do the math, its a bit scary. Damn the math! love is for fools anyhow!)

Keep searching with Passionate Patience to find your match.

Happy Hunting !

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Thank you for such a lucid and insightful article.
    I can only repeat what everyone else here is telling you; you are a very special lady, and one who deserves her soulmate. Please do keep us updated on your situation.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    Maybe it would be wise not to talk about it in the presence of regular guys, after all their main interest is in themselves and how attractive you find them.

Bev
    While I've gotta agree with Bev and all the others about almost all they've said, I do have to disagree with this part.

As incredibly open and understanding as you are towards us, I think it's probably important to you that you are that open to all that you meet. And sharing all that you like and find attractive even with a non- dresser is important, too. IMHO, the rejection that you would get from some 'straight' guys over this issue will be an indicator of their not-so-liberal views on other issues as well, and eventually you would find even more issues (some related, some not) that you disagree on.

Just as we are counselled to be as open as we can be with potential soul mates, so should you be. It's an acid test, unpleasant and nerve-wracking, but, for your own future happiness, an important one, I think.

It seems a cruel twist that many of us fear being straightforward with women that we are attracted to for fear of rejection, and that you should have the same problem from the other side!

It narrows your choices even more, but as Lara points out, it truly does seperate the high quality wheat from the more abundant chaff.

(Sorry about the mixed metaphors! )

love & respect, for your rarity and compassion,

deja

Carrie,

Thanks for sharing this with us keep looking I'm sure you will find that person.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Wonderful post A few years back I was also searching for a cd/tg partner. And encountered many that were married and or lied about themseves being married ( umm no thanks) same things you encountered. Or if I met someone there just was not a connection. I finally gave up and did have alot of awesome friends that I chatted with ect but no love match....when I wasn't looking at all, but it's as though she dropped out the sky.So I say just continue to talk and be friends without " looking" and THE ONE will find her way to you.
    What you experienced with boring reg guys...I never had that happen because I knew I wanted and did not bother even dating them anymore. Look at it this way...since they said straight up how narrow minded and rigid they were they did you a favor knowing this straight away so no need wasteing time with someone like that.

And your question.....Why do I find this so attractive? Am I a freak?

I am the same way and do not consider myself a freak.And would'nt change anything. Relax, welcome and hope you don't have to kiss too many princess's till you find THE ONE.
    Last edited by Di; 07-09-2008 at 08:01 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I agree with the "drink of water in the desert" comment. You sound like a CD's dream come true. I wish more women shared your perspective. I wish more would even be open to trying to see things from your perspective. The letter your one prospect wrote you concerning your friends with alternative lifestyles could have been written by any number of GGs, mine included. It's too bad, because closed minds see no new horizons.

Thanks for the fresh outlook!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Thank you so much for telling your story-it is so refreshing.
    Yes so many people are closed minded - one of them asked me one day if I though that I was normal, I said no what fun would that be.

Hi Carrie, loved your post. There's not much I can add to what others have said except to say it's nice to know there are a lot more women out there who prefer those of us with a feminine side than I ever imagined. I hope you find what you are looking for, it may take a while but the wait will be worth it.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post
    While I've gotta agree with Bev and all the others about almost all they've said, I do have to disagree with this part.

As incredibly open and understanding as you are towards us, I think it's probably important to you that you are that open to all that you meet. And sharing all that you like and find attractive even with a non- dresser is important, too. IMHO, the rejection that you would get from some 'straight' guys over this issue will be an indicator of their not-so-liberal views on other issues as well, and eventually you would find even more issues (some related, some not) that you disagree on.

It narrows your choices even more, but as Lara points out, it truly does seperate the high quality wheat from the more abundant chaff.

(Sorry about the mixed metaphors! )

love & respect, for your rarity and compassion,

deja

Hi Deja,
    Yes I see what you are saying and I cannot wholly disagree. However,my view on it is that if Carrie is out on a date with a guy he doesn't want to listen to her harping on about what she finds attractive about other guys. I know as a woman if the roles were reversed I'd feel abit put out if my date went on about fancying female cross dressers and I didn't fall into that particular category.
    A regular guy might be very narrow minded and uneducated in these matters but its hardly fair to say that if he doesn't understand CDing he isn't going to be particularly liberal in other areas of his life. There is a lot of ignorance around about CDing because largely it is done behind closed doors and people dont tend to debate it much, ignorance breads fear, and fear mistrust. I suppose as a community we should try and understand peoples problems with it in the same way that we ask people to understand us. We can do this by not thinking of them as not particularly liberal in their thinking or narrow minded, just a tad uneducated in that particular area.
    Take care
    Bev

God Bless you. I wish my wife was more open like you dear

Living Life

Hi Carrie
    Thank You for sharing, and for trying to understand. Life gives us some real chalenges when you think out side that social box, most CDers will contest to that ! You have learned & experienced more that most people, it was a good perspective for me to learn from. I enjoy the wisdom and undestanding the GG's have especialy when experienceing the feminine side of life. You have it Girl, use it and enjoy, who you are!

love and respect,
    Carrisa
    Last edited by Carissa B.; 07-12-2008 at 09:53 AM.