Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arm hair

arm hair

Does anyone remove their arm hair? Mine really bothers me, and I'd love to be rid of it, but I'm partially afraid of people saying something during regrowth (i always keep my legs shaved, and nobody has ever mentioned them)

girlie guy
    I think the best thing to do is bleach it so it is less noticeable, you certainly don't want to shave them or they'll be stubbly.
    Even a mild peroxide and some sunshine will make it softer and lighter

StephanieCD
    Rayna - I have the same problem. I trimmed mine with hair clippers down to a half inch. Could maybe have gotten away with a quarter inch. I did the same thing wiht my body hair - trimmed it in steps from the longest to the shortest I felt I could get away with. The whole metrosexual/fab5 thing has made it pretty acceptable to trim hair at least. And I have been planning on a light peroxide before going to the beach - or some sun-in shampoo/lightener.

But - trimming went over without a hitch even when I visited my scrutinous ex who didn't exactly approve of my 'hobby'. If she didn't notice - it's all good in my book

girlie guy
    Stephanie, tell your ex to get her own hobby!

StephanieCD
    She did. He left her shortly after

Sorry - sick sense of humor over here. Just a spoonful of sugar.. (sing it with me, girls!) helps the med- awww, screw it.

five for fighting

arm hair

Rayna, absolutly, also shave underarms legs and everything else. I had been doing everything else for about 5years now and in the last 2 started doing my arms. Only had about 3 or 4 times where some one commented and I just brushed it off with no comment
    It doesnt bother me in the slighltest what people think or say. I like the way being smooth feels and looks besides I feel it more sanitary and easier to keep clean. Because Im taking herbal breast hormonbes I can get away with about 4 to 5 days with out any noticible stuble. Rayna I say do it if its what you want . Your doing it for yourself not to please others. good luck sweetie

I shave mine. What the heck, life isn't a dress rehearsal .

kaye_martin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye_martin
    I shave mine. What the heck, life isn't a dress rehearsal .

kaye_martin
    does the stubble get noticible?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayna
    Honestly, I have to shave every day ..... it's a drag (no pun intended). I just hate hair, period. Look, I'm not kidding you that I could 'pass' but at 51, nearly 52 yrs old I just don't care what anyone else thinks. So Rayna, just do it.

kaye_martin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye_martin
    I just hate hair, period. Look, I'm not kidding you that I could 'pass' but at 51, nearly 52 yrs old I just don't care what anyone else thinks. So Rayna, just do it.

kaye_martin
    Diddo

I shave my arms,underarms and legs at least twice if not three times a week.If anyone has noticed,they have'nt said anything.If anyone does say anything,who cares,it's my body.After all I'm 55 years old who gives a rip what strangers think.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

arm hair

I guess i must be lucky to have very little arm hair and no chest hair

Girls, may I suggest Nair for your arms? It works wonders for me and totally eliminates stubble. The regrowth is much softer.
    Marie

I have my chest, back arms underarms and eyebrows waxed every two weeks. Works like a charm. The beautician says she wishes more men would groom themselves! I haven't told her I crossdress, but she probably knows, because I went there once having just removed my bra, forgetting the marks were still on my back!

Gail

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gail Evans
    ...because I went there once having just removed my bra, forgetting the marks were still on my back!
    That's awesome!
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

My arms when not groomed look almost dark due to my hair. The Italian in me.

I can't shave them rt now due to work and other stuff...but have trimmed them down to about 1/4 to 1/3 of a inch on the top. On the bottom of my arms especially from the elbow to the wrist I removed all the hair. Did not seem this was too drastic and no one notices. I also left my underarms unshaven...but did trim the heck out of them!

After the summer is over I will shave my arms. The rest of me is shaved and I love how my legs, tummy and chest look. Honestly it makes me look 10 years younger as a male to ditch all that fur!

JoannaDees
    I too shave my arms, and nobody has ever said anything except at the Laser Center, and she was trying to get me to do more zapping.

It's funny how so many other responses were "I'm 50 something and I don't care anymore what people think", because that's where I am at also. At least when it comes to shaving body hair. My standard answer? It feels good. So yeah, by all means shave.

must do

You just have to shave them. Ask the question why do you shave your legs? Answer to get that sexy smooth look right it's the same with arms. Be what you want to be and don't worry about what others think, thats what i say.

I shave my chest, arms, under arms & legs....in the summer i get my back waxed...........people comment on my legs...saying why would I want to do something likew that...I tell them because i like it..........when i go jogging in short shorts, ankle socks & my ponytail, people do look cause I look like a girl from the back.....

StephanieCD
    I have a question though... seriously - how many GGs do you know with no hair on their arms? I know it's thin and prettier cuz you can't see it but I've never known a gg to have silky smooth arms. I would think to achieve a realistic effect I'd trim and bleach...

No?

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    I'm like some previously mentioned, mid 40's and just don't care anymore, I use my epilady on 'em. Stings like hell the first few times and leaves lots of little red bumps (that disappear in about 24 hrs), but now hair comes out much easier and seems to be considerable re-growth, and no red bumps!!!

I shave my legs, chest etc every second day. also shave fingers, toes,etc. Use my epilator on my brows, but I bleach my arms. No comments. ps, also trim my underarms, but don't shave them. wenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayna
    Not at all I have be shaving mine for over 15 yrs the hair is so light now you can barley see it.

Wink hairy

just shave every few days and if any one asks just say I HATE BODY HAIR..
    Sarah
    TRY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT DO IT AGAIN

Shaveing

I to have been shaveing for several years now, and i love the smooth feeling of my skin. I think it is sexyer to be clean, smooth and it looks real good. I shave my arms and under as well as my chest and legs as well as what is in between. I say try it and i think you will like it. If any one says any thing just tell them to try it. Nobody has ever said or ask why i have no hair. Would love to not to have to shave at all but i can's afford to have laser treatment so it is shaveing every couple of days.
    Love to all Richie, Spokane, Wa