Thread: Miss Vera

Becoming More Me Jessica Brekke's Avatar

Miss Vera

I've been looking for some CD activity in NYC, and I came across this website for a CD school "Miss Vera's School for Boys Who Want to Be Girls."

Has anyone ever heard of, or been to this place? Is it reputable and safe?
    Never underestimate the value of a good pair of flats and a well-fitting bra.

~Jessica~

Miss Vera's School

Very reputable. Ms Vera's has been in business for at least 10 years -- maybe longer. The school has even been written up in mainstream press. They are also safe.

You may wish to read this...

I found this a long time ago:I did It For Science

A guy tried Miss Vera's school for "scientific reasons" (yea right, I believe that!).

Anyways, he went there, then he did a "do it yourself" type of transformation. You check the pictures and the story for yourself, but as for me, I'll save my money. I plan on buying her book though, mostly just for reference. The look is much too drag like for my taste.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I agree with Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    I found this a long time ago:I did It For Science

You check the pictures and the story for yourself, but as for me, I'll save my money. I plan on buying her book though, mostly just for reference. The look is much too drag like for my taste.

Love, Tracy
    I agree with Tracy's comment about the price. It is probably very good for the curious person who wants the whole experience all at once at the hands of transformation experts.

Well the experience might be exciting, but I'm really just looking for something fun to do in NY while dressed. No one here has had any suggestions for me, so I might have to seek the help of professionals.

~Jessica~

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Renee View Post
    No one here has had any suggestions for me, so I might have to seek the help of professionals.
    Why not post some pictures? We'll be more than happy to help. The girls here can be quite good at giving tips and suggestions. You just have to be open to the recommendations and judge for yourself what ones you're going to use. They have helped me here greatly.

If you don't want public suggestions, you can request that the girls send you PM's instead.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I have on of their books.... Crossdress for Success..... It's ok....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm not at all familiar with Miss Veras, and I probably wouldn't spend the money myself. If you are looking for things to do, you might try looking into activities at the gaycenter.org website. There's not much there now for TS/CD, it's mostly gay and lesbian activities, but it seems to me they had a CD prom a month or so ago, and have a continuing workshop for TS/CD activity planning. Another good source is the upcoming events forum on this website. Capt Lex usually keeps us informed of NYC happenings.

Dee

Hi Ladies,
    Well at the risk of sounding like a broken record. I think these places are quite wonderful but I really do feel that a lot of them are very over priced and are exploiting the CD community.

I am afraid it is a pet hate of mine and the reason I started a makeover business because I was sick of people feeling that they had a captive market and could charge what the hell they liked. Now dont get me wrong I know very little about tis particular place and it probably gives very good value for money. I would just say though be careful because often there are lots of hidden extras.
    Take care and hope you find something that you can enjoy without breaking the bank.
    Bev

http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title...spots#New_York

Just dress and do what you want. Broadway, Time's Square, Museums, Statue of Liberty, etc...
    Last edited by DonnaT; 07-25-2008 at 12:49 PM.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    I have to agree with Bev on this one. Expensive, hell yeah!

I've yet to see a place that is specialized in CD'ing that doesn't exploit its customers.

Tell me if you see one. I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I have on of their books.... Crossdress for Success..... It's ok....
    Yeah, have that book too. Although, going there is tempting. It's too much money for my tastes, and not really required as I can dress up and the wife doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post
    I plan on buying her book though, mostly just for reference. The look is much too drag like for my taste.
    Love, Tracy
    AMEN..

I for one do not like that "drag" look for myself.. on some people it works, but on others well.. nuff' said on that okay

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Just dress and do what you want. Broadway, Time's Square, Museums, Statue of Liberty, etc...
    I guess that's the thing. I'm nervous about doing that. At home, I'm OK with going out, because I know the lay of the land, but I haven't spent much time in NY for years, and never with an eye towards dressing. It's not really a matter of money for me. I guess what I'm really looking for is some kind of support while I'm out there.

~Jessica~

Gold Member
    WAIT A MINUTE! I missed that post - you are going to NY and you can't find anything to do? My gyod woman, would you have a hard time finding water in the middle of the Pacific? Do a web search for gay clubs or crossdresser or whatever relevant stuff. There probably aren't too many CDs on the forum from NY cause they are too busy out having fun. You don't need to overpay some "School". I guess it would be fun if you can real easily afford a few hundred $$$. Hell I can't.

But on another note -
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    I have to agree with Bev on this one. Expensive, hell yeah!

I've yet to see a place that is specialized in CD'ing that doesn't exploit its customers.

Tell me if you see one. I'd be interested.
    Damned good point she has. Places that specialize in CD know that their clientel will be deep closeted CDs who will not risk being outed by buying their own makeup/clothes/etc.

And for that stupid book "Miss Vera's finishing school for boys wh want to be girls", save your money on that. It is a fun read but no real info about how to CD or anything, it is basically a huge pamphlet about her school. When I first started CDing I bought that book hoping to learn something and didn't learn anything. I think I donated it to the local CD group...
    Last edited by Nicole Erin; 07-26-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Add stuff at top of post.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.