Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being submissive

Being submissive

I was just thinking:

I have always been submissive. In a sexual way, of course, but also in a general way. Submissive to just about everyone -- men, women, the other boys I knew growing up, and the girls I knew growing up.

I would always let other people go first. If there was one item of something left, I would offer it to anyone else who might want it.

I'm talking about going through everyday life this way.

If everyone left a function, I would stay to help clean up because I am submissive. I'd always be the one who would volunteer to go for coffee for everyone and often pay for it all too.

In high school, I was the manager for the baseball team. Part of my job was to pick up the jock straps and used towels and uniforms and launder them and pass them back out clean to the guys. I enjoyed doing that so much. (I also got to be around all those cute naked guys, but that is another story!)

I did anything my older sisters told me to do just because I felt girls were so much stronger than me.

I still act this way to this day.

Anyone else grow up this way and believe in being this way????
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

I've often 'wanted' to be submissive.. I'm sure I could accept the part! My mother was the 'more dominant' parent.. Dad was kinda' laid back!

I always felt embarrased when a girl would take offense to me, or something I did... Guess I wanted so much to 'be that girl'... Then I wouldn't need to show my masculinity!!

The fantasy of 'forced feminization' probably also shows a submissive side... Hmmm.m.m.m.......
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I'm not "submissive" per se but I do show courtesy to others.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'm submissive sexually and I'm married to a woman that is more than happy to accommodate that side of me. Outside of the bedroom I'm not submissive at all, but I'm not dominant or aggressive either. I'm more of a lone wolf, free spirit or curmudgeon depending on your experience with me. If anything my natural impulse is to go against the crowd. I do avoid conflict whenever I can but I'm not afraid to stand my ground when I feel I have to. The link in my signature explains me better than I could do it myself.

Submissive

I am somewhat subservient to a point. I like people around me to feel comfortable, but if someone tries to dominate me into doing things I don't like, and they berate me for not "bending to their will" and "submitting" then I show them my Aries stubbornness, and that can be legendary. They will never pull a stunt like that again. Sexual role playing is something else, entirely. Submission can also be a subtle domination. People are tricky. I am also the type to stick around, and help clean up after a picnic. It's in my genes.

Not me girlie!!! lol I'm not agressive either... Just me... Get along with everyone...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Former Member
    I have never been submissive. I am the kind of person that will accept a leadership role when no one else wants it and will voice my opinions whether they are popular or not. I'm not overbearing or agressive though. I get along with almost everyone. Sexually I am mostly dominant although I do like to be submissive at times. My wife is mostly submissive, so it works out for us. I do enjoy it when she takes control. It's a refreshing experience for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie C View Post
    I'm submissive sexually and I'm married to a woman that is more than happy to accommodate that side of me. Outside of the bedroom I'm not submissive at all, but I'm not dominant or aggressive either. I'm more of a lone wolf, free spirit or curmudgeon depending on your experience with me. If anything my natural impulse is to go against the crowd. I do avoid conflict whenever I can but I'm not afraid to stand my ground when I feel I have to. The link in my signature explains me better than I could do it myself.
    [SIZE="2"]I'm more of loner and a free spirit myself. We're quite similar in lot of ways.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Karen Hutton? Hockey player? Not aggressive? Who are you kidding? Maybe a different story off the ice though!

Tony

On being submissive! ...the meek will inherit the earth

Hi Stevie,

During most of my life I have always been in some way or form in a position of authority I guess you would view someone like myself as a born leader . I am in so many ways like yourself and very happy and content with it. I find that at times being submissive greases the skids so to speak smooths the way and makes things happen but in our submissive roles we are very much in control. There were also various times in my life for example where I needed to be quite domineering and in your face and being the lead singer in a hard rock band ( usually my band ) my true nature as a submissive would not have done the band any good but once my my goals were attained I could then ease back and be a real sweetheart again and when I'm in a crowd of new acquaintances . I'm always the giving one easy going and never pushy I like being quite submissive and love being with the women
    . some guys take my submissiveness for weakness and make the dreadful mistake of stepping on me ...they are quick to learn the rules
    Sexually I carry myself in the same way I love being submissive and light especially with a guy i'm comfortable and glowing I'm on a roll now and I'll just share this with you I had a recent date with someone new ... well he was fine until the end of the night I left the motel room and found that I left my purse in the room I went back and knocked on the door for a good 20 minutes he finally opens the door and forcefully throws my purse againts the wall dumping the contents shouting "you stupid b..tch" .. oh boy!! bad mistake! on his part whack down he went . I pick up my stuff fixed my hair and calmly walked away It felt sooo good.... boy I am chatty tonight

and I'm curious about the cute naked guys .. perhaps another time ....lacie

Banned Read only

Dominant or sub?

As a child growing up I was always a leader, very assertive and as a grown man I'm still the same. I own a business, still love gg's and am always dominant with women. I started dressing 9 mos ago, love it and will continue for some time I'm sure. Like many of the gurls here they have a "female inside of them" wanting to get out. I totally understand them and feel for them. I don't have that feeling. I never had a previous desire to dress until 9 mos ago, tried it and love it. I believe there might be some correlation between the two scenarios. By the way, I'm sub, a total bottom gurl when dressed. Go figure!

Lexi

Nope. Submissive definitely does not capture the essence of my personality
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Tricia Ann Marie triciaannmarie's Avatar
    i was first and foremost submissive before i ever thought of crossdressing. Each of these two areas have their own set of problems in trying to be accepted. The problems associated with both are not insurmontable. i wouldn't give up on either, i like them both.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I always thought being submissive meant submitting to the will of another.

What you describe when you say you would always let other people go first. If there was one item of something left, you would offer it to anyone else who might want it. If everyone left a function, you would stay to help clean up. You'd always be the one who would volunteer to go for coffee for everyone and often pay for it all too.

That (to me) seems like you're just being a very polite, sweet and helpful person, not so much submitting to another (unless you were told to do it).

However, I do understand "where you are coming from" when it comes to making someone you care about happy. I'm like this wherever my wife is concerned. I guess that makes me submissive too - huh
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

nope, neither...or both..

i always fit nicely in the middle, not dominant or submissive. anything thats done in the way i like has to be from two parts together playing both roles. sexually and in general collaborative whatever (me likes to do free jazz with everything - sigh - not everyone wants to play like me lol)

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    sometimes i think its not entirely one's own tendencies that dictate. It may be how your SO respons that determines whether you want to lead or respond to a lead. I think those terms dominant and submissive have such a heavy connation I don't know that i like sticking with those.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

In the Service, they said there's 2 kinds of people;

Those that give orders, and those that take them. I hated taking them, and refused to give them. No career there for me.

I've always gone my own way. As I CD, it appears I'm still doing that.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am not a submissive type. I am not a dominating type either. I am polite and courteous always. Just don't cross me, you will regret it and I won't. Often others think I am a pushover and some have tried to take advantage of that, and regret their actions. Sexually I am the submissive type and need a dominating partner in bed; I like it that way.

Pamela

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Daniels View Post
    I'm not "submissive" per se but I do show courtesy to others.
    Courtesy and Respect toward others. It has to start somewhere.

Jolene

Submissive? I guess it depends on my mood and that's reflective by my choice of wardrobe. White means passive and black spells aggressive.

I'm still trying to figure out where red comes in to play, passive Vamp?

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    i'm no where near submissive at work or at home, its too much fun being the head witch.
    when in doubt, dress

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    I have never been submissive. I am the kind of person that will accept a leadership role when no one else wants it and will voice my opinions whether they are popular or not. I'm not overbearing or agressive though. I get along with almost everyone. Sexually I am mostly dominant although I do like to be submissive at times. My wife is mostly submissive, so it works out for us. I do enjoy it when she takes control. It's a refreshing experience for both of us.
    I'm a lot like that. Sometimes its fun to be submissive in bed, but I like to be both dominate and submissive.

I have no problem taking the leadership role but like to be led 'upstairs'. I don't like to dominate in either position though.
    Hugs,

Christi

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    To begin, I have never understood the equating of submission with crossdressing, or equating it to femininity for that matter.

I am not submissive. I believe in embodying a silent strength that stands up for what is right at all times. I do believe in what others have said about courtesy and respect toward others.

Perhaps its because I was humiliated as a teen for being a crossdresser, I have been strengthen to stand up for me convictions.

I will state, however, that I only place I do submit, and this is willful submission, is to the tenants of my religious beliefs.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    sometimes i think its not entirely one's own tendencies that dictate. It may be how your SO respons that determines whether you want to lead or respond to a lead. I think those terms dominant and submissive have such a heavy connation I don't know that i like sticking with those.
    yes i agree there are heavy connotations to the term. When 'submissive' is used it fetish circles, it is a very different thing to being of a submissive nature outside of it.
    I feel more comfortable as a submissive partner, but that certainly dosnt mean i will do as i am told. It means i like to have a partner who i trust to lead. It means i like the very traditional 'wife' role, with in my case a man, that always takes account of my feelings but takes the responcibility of being head of the house, so to speak.
    That is how i feel comfortable, but it does rely on the other person being capable of the trust, it wont just happen with anybody.