Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On shaving your legs in the summer.

Banned Read only

On shaving your legs in the summer.

In recent years, I like to keep shaved year round. However, when I have some social event, picnic, bar BQ, family thing, etc, where I will be wearing shorts, I usually let the hair grow out for a couple weeks before. This results in some short hair, about 1/2 inch, but not long and curly like normal. Nobody has ever said anything, and may not have noticed, as it does not appear shaved. I have been thinking about various excuses, if by chance, someone ever did say something, however unlikely, without going into a long song and dance about CDing.

1. I noticed swimmers and bicyclists shave their legs, and it is a cool look.

2. Makes me look younger. Hairy guys look old.

3. Some chick talked me into it. [I'm single]

4. It feels good, especially in the summer.

5. Just wondered what it was like.

6. Chicks don't like hairy guys.

Do these excuses sound reasonable and believable? Some thoughts?

It is best not to make excuses for our appearance. There is no law against shaving your body. Look at how many folks are running around with shaved heads. Please don't give other people that much power over you. If someone asks why you shave either tell them that it's none of their business, or that you simply don't like body hair. I always tell them that smooth legs feel better when I wear pantyhose. Honesty is the best policy!

Jamie
    Last edited by Holly; 07-18-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: No need to quote entire OP.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I live in the Portland, Oregon area, with my (now) 18-yr-old daughter.

No opportunity

I want to tell people that shaved legs are common among cyclists and swimmers (I am both), but that the real reason is that shaved legs look a lot better under thigh-highs and skirts...

Unfortunately, over the past year and some that my legs have been shaved, no one has asked about them or made a comment. I should mention here that I go to an exercise club and take spin classes, then swim afterward, at least a couple times a week. Again, no one has ever made any comment...

Lee

You could always go with the guilt route...

"I didn't want to shave my legs, but the chemo made the hair so patchy it was the only way I could even it out." ... then give a really sad hang-dog look.

Nothing says mind your own business more than healthy dose of 'don't you feel awful for calling me out for having cancer'.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

I do not even worry about that these days. I remember when I first came out to the family an relatives around a pool in some very short swimmers. Yep, they had a good look, but they didnt say a thing. Im not sure whether it was the shaved bod or the body jewelry that got the attention!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    If it's a guy asking, you can turn it around on them by answering "yes I shave my legs, and may I ask why are you checking out my legs?"

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    i always ask them if they are jealous that my legs look better than theirs.
    when in doubt, dress

You will find that no one asks.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

I have been asked once by my Granddaughters friend I just said sometime and she let it go.
    Angie

belive it or not, i shaved my legs not because i dressed, as like you i figured id get caught out in warmer months... but because when my legs sweat (with hair and have to wear trousers to work) they itch and i was scrathing then so hard id rip the skin away... in the end my doctor said to try and shave my legs to see if it made a difference... it did :S... so thats always been my excuse.

Ive been swimming with friends / family and no one has noticed, well not seemed to notice anyway....

hope this helps..

Joanna xx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE=3]I had to come out of the closet, to make room for all my clothes...[/SIZE]

Oh please, not another leg shaving thread about what to tell poeple about your bare legs. Look, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR BARE LEGS! Really, nobody will notice. Nobody will say anything. In the three years I have been shaving my legs, only one person has said anything. One. When they did ask if I shaved, I looked them right in the eye and said " Yes I do, hairy legs don't look good in thigh highs" and left it at that. I was not lying and it was a way of saying, none of your business.

Now, lets put this business too rest and move on.

Shave and be happy!
    (why are you checking out my legs?) I love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    Most people just don't notice. They're not that observant. I have gone to the store en drab, but with sandals on, since my toes are always painted some shade of red, I was expecting, the first time, to see strange looks, but no one hardly noticed. To the ones that did, I just smiled and said "Like the color?" and they invariably got embarrassed and looked away.

It's no one's biz, as for the shaving, I like the way it feels. There's no feeling like sliding into fresh sheets with newly shaved legs. One of life's simple pleasures.

K

PS. My wife was the one who asked why I shaved my legs and body but not my armpits. (I'd avoided that as I thought that might be more noticeable in a tank top, being closer to eye level) Now I happily shave nose to toes.
    "No, I'm not hitting on you, Ma'am, when I said I wanted to get in your pants, I meant I wanted to try them on!"

Platinum Member
    lol i am going to the doctors today just shaved .... no big deal just do it..........

I've been shaving my legs year around for the past 9 years and no one has ever said anything. No, not even the Dr.

I also have been shaving nose to toes for years with no problems.

no questions at all so far

i keep my legs smooth and getting no questions so far, so i think is the people around me dont look at my lovely legs (sniff) or its no prob and getting used to it by now. lucy

Here is what I do since I shave everywhere:

Generally, in the summer I wear those short denim shorts sold in the juniors section and show a lot of my shaved legs. But if there is a function where I believe those short shorts would not be appropriate, I just wear something longer, such as Bermudas. And I shave as normal. That's all you have to do if you are worried about it.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Stevie Stevens

When I first started shaving my legs I was thinking of using the scare on my left leg as an excuse since there is an area 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide that doesn't grow hair. After thinking about it for a short time I decided that I didn't want to use that as an excuse. Instead I opted for the truth, first I am tired of looking like a gorilla and second I like the way it looks and feels.

Just my feelings and thoughts

I shaved my legs by using Nair and i noticed after a few weeks without using it the area where I used Nair had tons of little pimples can someone explain what that is and If I had used Nair every day or so would those pimples still appear?

I've never tried Nair. Couldn't get past the smell.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    And the congregation said -

[SIZE="4"]AMEN!![/SIZE]
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Nobody is going to care. I shave from the neck down year round and in summer IF (mighty big IF mind you), IF someone asks, I tell them "Being clean shaved helps cut down on perspiration and helps eliminate odor because there is no hair to trap said odor from perspiration, and I'm a lot cooler in this Texas humidity. Besides, it allows me to have fabulous conversations with cromagnans like you." ((okay, I just added that last sentence for you ladies, but you get the idea)).

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

What does it matter what other people think?
    They,re your legs....
    If it makes you happy shaving them

[SIZE="4"]Just do it!!![/SIZE]

Where is this all going? Melinda's Avatar
    I've been shaving my upper body for many years and my legs part time in the winter. This year I finally got up the courage to go ahead and shave my legs for the summer and so far the only person who has said anything to me is my wife. Of course she hates it but nobody else seems to care.
    who wants to be normal? Not me!

-Susan