Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever try on stuff at Victorias Secret as a guy?

Ever try on stuff at Victorias Secret as a guy?

Ever try on stuff at Victorias Secret as a guy? Today I was planning on buying a Macy's Isabel & Nina skirt suit, but it's a $280 skirt suit I'm waiting to drop in price to $79 sale price or else I'll kiss it goodbye. Well, I went to Galleria and passed by Victorias Secret just to browse, because 98% of the time going there I find nothing I like! But today was an exception! Saw a nice bra, corset, and panty set where the panty wasn't a usual thong type. So I grab my size and ask in a femme voice can I try it on? Went to the fitting room and they accidentally open a woman's door in front of me! Got in another room and tried on the stuff, it was ok.

When I went to pay I was bummed that I had to pay to a guy cashier. Then he asked to see my ID! So I take it out but hold it so my thumb covers my guy pic. He approves the sale. Man, $147 spent kinda hurts! - But it's a beautiful set and the corset will slim me down.

Any of you try on stuff at VS as a guy? How did they treat you? Or what if you shopped in drag and they later found out you're a guy by ID - what happened?
    Last edited by KateSpade83; 07-20-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Banned Read only
    Yep, tried it on in the middle of the store! The women swarmed around and said I looked really studly in the microfiber thongs. They're even thinking of using me as their model for the spring catalog next year, when they branch out into skimpy undies targeted at the male market.

Was this guy stuff you tried on? Didn't VS try to sell some guy stuff one time?

But generally I'm talking about going in as a guy and trying on girl stuff!

Banned Read only
    Yes, they did try selling guy stuff at one time, but this was for girls and they're thinking of reviving the idea.

I've tried on bras in VS as a guy, but in the fitting room, not in the middle of the store. State laws might differ, but here in PA, one can not try on pantys before buying. I had my initial bra fitting done in guy mode at VS. When I am trying out a new style of bra, the SA's insist that I try it on first.

Any fears you have are your own. Be confident and be assertive, and you'll never have a problem.

Jodi

i've gone into vs in several states in drab or under dressed and asked to try on things like night gowns and bras. SA's were always friendly and let me try on what ever I liked. Never been asked for ID in any store when purchacing items of male or female clothes.

About two or three years ago I decided to finally " have my ticket punched " by going into VS and buying something. I guess the VS thing is some sort of "rite of passage". Quite frankly I wasn't highly impressed. I didn't have any problem and that's not the point of my post. What I did find was that it almost seemed like the difference between a good restaurant and a fast food joint. At VS it seemed like, here's the selection, pick something, try it on, buy it, next customer.
    As for the dressing rooms, while nice, it just didn't seem to be what I was expecting, I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but somehow it was a kind of let down.
    I suppose for those that enjoy it, shopping and buying at VS is nice, but I guess, "I don't get it"
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

ever try on stuff at victoria secrets

All the time!! Never tried on any panties though, that is not allowed and I am glad for that, wouldn't want to try on after some one else had them on and thats why they don't let people try on panties. I have always gotten good service and most of the time it has been by some really young sales girl, hell I have kids older than them and don't have any thoughts for that and I am sure they can see that in me. I really like Kohls and Dress barn since the sales reps are ussually older and I can get good advise on how an outfit may look.

I have tried on bras several times at VS in guy mode and have not had any problems. It was kind of weird the first time being taken into a busy fitting room while in guy mode knowing everyone else was trying on bras also. The SA's and other customers seemed un-phased by a guy trying on bras. Only looks I have gotten have been from other guys in the store following their SO's around and looking nervous. I have even been asked by the VS SA's if I wanted to try the bra on I was looking at or had.

kim
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

I never tried on anything from VS yet. Once I figure out my bra size, my wife and I will go there so I can pick out my first bra.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I never tried anything on at VS because they don't have anything that fits me. I have tried on clothes at Fredericks of Hollywood though, I'm a size 8 and luckily the biggest panties they carry is size 8. The only thing is, you have to try on panties over the panties you are wearing. But other than that, I've never had a problem.

Banned Read only
    Funnily enough, Frederick's also asked me to model their stuff! So, now I'm a bit of a dilemna as to which offer to accept...

Fredericks

Not at V.S. but at Fredericks...Last fall I was prepping for Halloween. I was going to a party en femme and bought a corset, breast forms. I walked around until the other people left and then just came out to the sales girl that I needed stuff as I was going as a girl to a Halloween party. She didn't even blink. She said nothing bothers her as she's had guys come right in and say their crossdressers (I didn't admit to such) She wouldn't the corset up for me but there was enough string to tie it up myself. I was in the store all alone with her for 30 minutes or so. I told her after I paid that I'd take pics of me and show her but I've not been back. I should show her but I've just not been back that way since.....

I've been in there waiting for my wife to change and an SA asked me if I'd like to try something on.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    Funnily enough, Frederick's also asked me to model their stuff! So, now I'm a bit of a dilemna as to which offer to accept...
    This sounds a lot like Fantasy Land to me!

It is what it is
    Quote Originally Posted by amandachick View Post
    I've been in there waiting for my wife to change and an SA asked me if I'd like to try something on.
    haha same here. Ohhh so close to accepting that offer too!

Trying On at VS

I have been in VS many times in drab. I have never shopped enfemme. I am always open with the SA if the ask if I need help. I tell them what I am looking for along with the size. When I get the usual "Is this for your wife?" I respond, no it is for me. The SA's always ask if I would like to try on. My response is always of course. The is nothing better than having the SA check to see if the choice fit and bring other styles to try.

Fishers by Indianapolis switcheralso's Avatar

The Policy

Guidelines put out by VS:

The Victoria's Secret retail stores can assist cross gender customers with measurements for our merchandise. However, because our primary target client is female and because of the sensitive nature of our product, there are specific guidelines for males in the dressing room areas. If a male customer requests a dressing room at a busy time of the day or there are female customers in the dressing room area, we ask him to come back at a time when the shop is less busy. We must limit his time in the dressing room area to that time necessary to determine whether or not he desires to buy the merchandise.
    True
    Friendship

“A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway”
    Fr. Jerome Cummings

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGuy2Girl View Post
    I never tried on anything from VS yet. Once I figure out my bra size, my wife and I will go there so I can pick out my first bra.

Felicity
    Go to VS and have them measure you for a bra. I did, dressed in drab, tried several on and then bought two with mayching panties. The SA's don't care what sex you are, only if you have money to spend!

Sissy/Stephanie

I'm looking for a pair of thigh high boots(I know, boots in the summer, hey it's out of season!) so I have no idea how to go about pulling this off @ my local VS.
    I surprise myself some times.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGuy2Girl View Post
    ...Once I figure out my bra size, my wife and I will go there so I can pick out my first bra.
    Felicity why not go there and let them measure you for size and then try them on for fit. I am sure they would let both you and your wife in the fitting room.

I agree with the VS policy and the fact we need to respect the other customers. But when the SA asks I guess it is ok, even if the fitting room is busy. One thing I have noticed is the times I have tried on bras at VS when I am done there is a SA waiting in the main fitting room area.

I also agree with respecting the other customers when shopping in male mode for femme clothes and going when it is not as busy. If the fitting rooms seem busy I will look around a bit longer.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Guess I shop at the wrong VS stores...have never had a guy ring me up
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Alot of bull in this thread. I have never seen a guy working in a VS store. NEVER. Katespde...you seem very focused on what things cost and letting us know how much you spend. Very high end stuff. If you can afford it, fine. Just remember there are some gurlz here that can't and I am sure they would not want it thrown in their face. Personaly, even if I were a millionare, I would not spend that much on a corset set. But that's me. If I did, I would not rub it into everyones face on a constant basis. Just my

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    Alot of bull in this thread. I have never seen a guy working in a VS store. NEVER. Katespde...you seem very focused on what things cost and letting us know how much you spend. Very high end stuff. If you can afford it, fine. Just remember there are some gurlz here that can't and I am sure they would not want it thrown in their face. Personaly, even if I were a millionare, I would not spend that much on a corset set. But that's me. If I did, I would not rub it into everyones face on a constant basis. Just my
    Two things. firstly i have seen guys working in several VS stores. Secondly I have tried on bras enmale and one time i was really just shopping for my wife when VS had a special "Try the new tee shirt bra get $5 off any pruchase." I had found a few thing for my wife and asked one of the SA's about the special and she said, without hesitation "If you try the bra on you can get the coupon". I accepted and she sized me up without measuring, gave me 2 different sized bras to try. I took my place in a rather long line waiting for a fitting room. When i was done and came out she asked me the pat line for the special "Isn't that the best fitting bra you have ever tried"' I lied and said of course its been the only one. She led me over toward the cashier and thanked me for my business. Since that time they had a similar sale and have changed the way they deal with men. They give all male shoppers a coupon toward a future purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnMorgan View Post
    I'm looking for a pair of thigh high boots(I know, boots in the summer, hey it's out of season!) so I have no idea how to go about pulling this off @ my local VS.
    I surprise myself some times.
    Ann, VS shoes, boots and clothing are sold only through their catalog. The stores do not carry the items.

Jodi