Thread: Why aren't dress designers CDs?

Banned Read only

Why aren't dress designers CDs?

It might be a cliche (and correct me if I am wrong) but it seems to me that just about every male dress designer is gay. Now I can understand that you might have to be in contact with your creative feminine side to design a wonderful garment but why are they all gay? I would have thought someone obsessed with the female shape and presentation would make a great dress designer. i.e. a straight CD.

What do you think?

Banned Read only
    I think it doesn't matter whether you are straight, gay, or whatever.

Creativity is in the mind, not in the gender or sexuality.

Maybe some clothing designers are closet crossdressers . . . who knows?
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

maybe, a straight CD would be too obsessed with the female shape and presentation for female tastes

Platinum Member
    go for it suzy ........ give it a try............

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    I think it doesn't matter whether you are straight, gay, or whatever.

Creativity is in the mind, not in the gender or sexuality.

Silver Member
    Heard that most male clothing/shoe designers hated their mother and most women in general. That is the reason for such outlandish, painful, ill fitting items, in rediculous colors and fabrics! LOL

Doesn't Isaac Mizrahi wear skirts? And I think he admitted it on Oprah!

I think there's a couple things going on... And the Captn may have hit upon it.. It maybe that successful designers don't crossdress openly because it makes bad business sense to.. And that you don't see any crossdressing designers because if they did crossdress openly then they never got a chance to be successful... Didn't hit it big or just were too outside of the expected norm for a designer... Just my opinion.... But I'll bet you almost everyone of them has tried on their creations more than a few times.. In private!! Lol. I sure would have!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I read years ago when the "stick figure" style was in, that one designer, designed what looked good on him.

But then maybe some of them are not CD's, as they see a high paying career ahead.

As mentioned, creativity isn't tied to sexual desire. Plenty of gay men admire a beautiful woman without having sexual desire for one. A hetero female designer doesn't design male clothes because she's obsessed with men's bodies.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Chari View Post
    Heard that most male clothing/shoe designers hated their mother and most women in general. That is the reason for such outlandish, painful, ill fitting items, in rediculous colors and fabrics! LOL
    I don't buy that.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I saw that Project Catwalk programme. (guilty pleasures or what?) and there was one little camp guy called Christian who was the most amazing designer and craftsman. His creations were really stylish and made with such skill that just the engineering was impressive. But what made me smile was when he was caught on camera holding his own dress up to himself and camping it up and down the room as if he was on the catwalk. Made me wonder.

Banned Read only

Why aren't dress designers CDs?

Because GG's don't want to wear frilly pink puffy dresses every day!

Actually there are some that do. Phillipe Blond comes to mind. You can find many pictures and videos of him on the web.