Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing from A to Z

Banned Read only

Crossdressing from A to Z

Many of us started crossdressing at an early age, borrowing our mother's or our sister's clothes. Often it started with panties or pantyhose, a slip, a skirt or a dress. But, what took us to the next step?

How did we evolve from that initial step to where we are today? What drove us to continue crossdressing after that initial experience?

hopes to become a girl xoAmandaxo85's Avatar
    thats a good question im going to have to think on that one for a while

It's a very long story Emily. In short, I feel like I should have been born female.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Well, between 5 and 12 years old - I've no idea. After 12 it felt right en femme and wrong in drab. Now, once I've discovered a new style or colour that works for me, that's what keeps pushing it to the next step. A constant discovery of what goes with what and what looks good on me. Sheer bliss!!

Sarah...

Gold Member
    Like any other good thing. Once someone has had a taste, they want more.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

It was not the bra or the panties that started it, it was the fact that I wanted to wear the bra and panties.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

What drove us to continue crossdressing after that initial experience?
    After putting on my Mom's cloths at age 7, the desire to touch or connect with the female never went away. It remained near the surface of my mind ever since. Whenever I would go to a park or amusement place with extended family, I would always dream that maybe my cloths would get messed up and I would have to wear one of my cousins dresses back home. That kind of stuff. I have no idea why I kept thinking of scenarios like that, but I did.

The drive, I guess, was just I needed to express or feel connected to my femme side.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I can not honestly say how it started for me, it just did. It had always interested me, but for the life of me I can't remember any event that sparked that interest.

After I started looking into it more the urge to dress just got worse.

Blossoming
    One does not dissect gossamer

After trying on a dress at 12 or 13(sisters school dress actually), I found I was totally hooked & couldn't stop. I just wanted more & more to look like a girl, but I couldn't explain why. I'm glad to say that after all these years the urge to dress is still there, & I hope it never goes away.

I was happy with high heel shoes for years. I was a teenager when I figured out pantyhose were worth the extra effort. Then in my early twenties came skirts, followed by blouses and dresses in my mid twenties. Late twenties brought experimentation with make-up. Early thirties (last year) I got breast forms. I am now waiting for halloween to find decent quality/priced wig.
    Remember: You are unique. Just like veryone else

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    well it did start with pantyhose, but then i figured out that pantyhose look better on me when i have on heels, then a skirt and then..... well you get the picture.
    when in doubt, dress

I honestly do not know. I just know one day I found myself in a skirt and wondering, "I should have done this a long time ago."

Still confused a bit

I was at home one day and mom was gone, for some reason i was gravitated to her clothing drawer and started putting on her undies. felt very nice went to her closet and found some dresses and shoes. I still have urges to wear ladies clothes but my wife's stuff doesnt fit very well. started buying my own panties but thats as far as i have gotten. Im very happy being a guy but there is a woman in me that keeps whispering in my ear.

I think the devil made me do it! LOL.
    Hugs, Andi

Silver Member
    Emily, that is a somewhat hard question to answer. I don't think I have progressed in steps but rather a continuous transition into who I am now. I can remember wearing my sisters clothes over 40 years ago and that was the start of this long journey that I have been on all of my life. Through out the years I have stopped wondering about all of this and now accept it as who I am. I know that I can't change this part of who I am so I am willing to accept and enjoy it. To me this is a very enjoyable lifestyle and will never want to change it.

I've crossdressed as long as I can remember

if there's something that started me off at age 3 (or younger) I've no idea what it was

What possessed me to wear my older sister's clothes at about 4 is a mystery. Since then, a series of events sometimes years apart seemed to click. Working and family have slowed it a bit but there is still a progression. It has never gone away and I hope it never will.

For some unexplainable reason I tried on my mother's undies when I was 11 or 12 and over the next couple of years I "graduated" to her stockings, slips, shoes, dresses and makeup. Eventually there was sexual gratification from it, but I don't think that was why I continued. Of the course of many years, I purged several times because of my wife and children but, there was always and I mean always, some irresistible force that drew me back. Now in my later years, I have a closet full of femininity and dress somewhat every day. I'm sorry to digress from the question. I guess the bottom line is that I really don't know the psychology behind my desire to dress. I can only tell you that I feel my best when dressed.

Like JAT about 3 yrs old, but I definately recall seeing the most beautiful lace slip (older sister's) and thinking thats me once the slip and panties were on the skirt n blouce followed quickly the rest is history

For me it was just the variety of clothes women could wear. I tried them on and thought this is for me. Now it's a large part of my life and I do enjoy every single minute of it. I wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Reliving the awakening!

What can i say pantyhose are the gateway to crossdressing for me! from there it was all down hill. When i was old enough to go shopping alone around 15 or 16 i started to buy dresses and as soon as i could get a credit card i was shopping for heels online. then just a year ago i put it all together and i will never be the same! I don't know why i waited so long. but that is my A-Z

Sorry Emily,cant really help.It just all kinda fell into place.
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar

Smile

[SIZE="3"]It's really tough to say what actually got me started......I do know it was when I was about 6..For some strange reason I was "drawn" to my moms things...( stockings, slips, and bras )...I didn't consciously say "Today, I'm going to try on some of moms things"...It just happened...And I loved it...Perhaps I was meant to be a woman...Who knows...All I know is..I am more comfortable as Kendra, and I consider her a part of who I am...I actually got "serious" about dressing back in 98...And I think I've "evolved" pretty well...I only regret not starting much earlier in my life...Who knows where this girl would be..[/SIZE]

My very first pic ever posted on the net ( circa 1998 )

And one of my later looks...I think I "evolved" nicely...

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Same here, just somehow drawn to Mom's knickers, nylons, garters, shoes, girdles, bras, etc. I just couldn't get enough of the feeling, and kept on wanting progessively more, and just couldn't stop. I always wondered why I was so drawn to feminine things, I still remember looking at one particularly gorgeous girl at my bus stop when I was in Jr. High, and thinking that I wanted to be just like her.

This thread makes me wonder, since there seems to be a common theme among most of us that starts with either our mothers or sisters clothes, how many of us, started doing this with out either one around or available, and why such a strong connection there?

Christy