Thread: Where to go In Indy - Aug 8 & 9?

"Junior" Member....... JeneeDavis's Avatar

Where to go In Indy - Aug 8 & 9?

Hi everyone!
    I am hoping someone can givwe me some ideas on where to go in Indy the weekend of the 8 th and 9th? I want stay somewhere downtown and visit a few of the TG friendly places. I MAY be able to make a dinner somewhere, but am mainly lookng for clubs. ANy input would be great!
    Thanks
    Jen

Second hand, but a cding friend who flys to Indy often suggested Talbots on Talbot street, at 21st.

I fly to Indy all of the time and love the place! In fact, if you search the forum for my posts you will find a lot of them about Indy.

I HIGHLY recommend you go to dinner at English Ivy's
    They are VERY friendly and on Friday and Saturday nights you will often see a few of us there. The food is VERY good and I eat there every night I'm in Indy.

talbot Street
    Someone already mentioned Talbot. It's kind of "THE" place to go in Indy. It's a mixed crowd - straight, gay, cross dressers, etc. They have drag shows if your in to that sort of thing. Biggest drawback is that it is SO popular you can never get a seat. Only open Friday and Saturday.

The Metro
    The Metro is one of my favorite places, especially on Tuesday nights when they do Karaoke. Sometimes the talent there is stunning. They also serve food but the food does not compare to English Ivy's. Don't think I've ever been there on a Friday or Saturday but on Tuesdays it's standing room only as they are popular that night.

Illusions
    Pretty much your neighborhood bar with a mostly gay men crowd. They have Karaoke on Thursday nights with a good selection of quality music and with out the huge crowd the Metro has. This is not a place of frills and flashy fashions - it's a bar.

Shopping at the Greenwood Park Mall
    My favorite place to shop while in Indy and it's only a few miles from the Holiday Inn I stay at.

I love Indy and hope you will like it too!