Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: when did you decide?

Aspiring Member

when did you decide?

At what point did you decide "gee, I really am a crossdresser?' Instead of just thinking you're someone who occasionally likes womens' clothes or underwear. For me, it wasn't until I hit my 50's, and was in therapy. Then I had to talk about it to others (not family or an SO).

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Just recently when I could no longer fight off She Who Must Be Obeyed, although I have CD'd off and on since I was about 14, and had fantasies about it much earlier. In men, as we age, our testosterone levels drop off which leaves our estrogen levels proportionally higher. This is why you see a lot of middle aged men growing boobs, even if they're not helping it along with hormones. I think this may have something to do with why many of us get serious about CDing. The propensity to CD, however, must needs to have been innate since childhood. No scientific evidence, just a theory developed from observation.
    Last edited by TommiTN; 07-27-2008 at 11:08 AM.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Thumbs up Older

I have to agree with the part about aging. I am 55 and over the last year I have felt more and more like a woman inside. I am always checking out other women as far as what they are wearing, etc. And now I am dreaming of what it would be like to be with a man. I really love the thought of srs.

Robyn
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Mistake at birth, should have been born a woman[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Hi Susan,

You might get some insight from this thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=85516

In my case, it was when I was in my early 20's. And to be honest I embrace it more everyday now that I am much older(sigh). And yes I would dress everyday if I could and probably transition.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

a long long time ago, i think ive allways known that i was a crossdresser

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynGirl View Post
    I have to agree with the part about aging. I am 55 and over the last year I have felt more and more like a woman inside. I am always checking out other women as far as what they are wearing, etc. And now I am dreaming of what it would be like to be with a man. I really love the thought of srs.

Robyn
    Many of us have those fantasies. I don't fanatsize about it unless I'm en femme and I have no desire for srs. When in guy mode the thought never crosses my mind. Something akin to split personality syndrome?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Silver Member
    I knew that I was different from the rest of the boys at age five. I can't remember when I first heard the term crossdresser or transvestite but when i did I knew that was what I was. I was relieved to know that there were others out there that were like me. For a long time I thought that I was the only one who did this. Growing up in the 50's and 60's was difficult. There was little information out there before the internet came along. We are all so much wiser now because of this.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    To be quit honest, I decided, or at very least began to figure things out when I was 14. As I said in another thread, back in 1971/ 1972 there was no internet as such, and no real support. Obviously I couldn't ask my mum because of her obstinacy and hateful attitude. So I relied on the book Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, a book that did more to mis-inform me than educate me. After realising that I am not gay, as the doctor tended to class us, or as weird as his descriptions of crossdressers where, I kind of had a talk with myself. The halcyon summer of 1971, in which I considered myself a girl in all but that genital incongruity was seriously pondered, and I simply came to say, it is what it is -- I like what I like, I'm normal, its fun, I'm just me -- oh, and by the way -- sit on it and spin, Dr Ruben (author of the aforementioned book) -- I like girls!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Last edited by Toni_Lynn; 07-27-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Can't spell worth a darn!
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

About 11 or 12 I found the word "Transvestite" in a medical book(old one), I think this book still talked about Homosexuality as a curable condition. Anyway it scared me so bad I would tell myself that this is the last time I will dress up every time I did it. That went on for 30 more years or so.

Well 40's and therapy for me...... And another topic...... I think it was all the hormones they put in are food for years. That contributed to men's breast's......hehe.....

About two weeks after I started (which was about 4 months ago) and got some stuff collected and was able to dress up with heels, wig makeup and women's clothes...once I tried it I said dang this is good!!!! and it was all down hill or errr forward from there.....never came to the I am as much as it was I want to crossdress....just the way it was for me....no pain no guilt..just a jump in and I tried it and loved it....I just had to make sure I didn't look like Bozo the clown....once I was satisfied that I didn't and I was ok with my overall appearence it's been non stop forward on CDing....

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    In my case, it was when I was in my early 20's. And to be honest I embrace it more everyday now that I am much older(sigh). And yes I would dress everyday if I could and probably transition.

Mollyanne
    I'm like Mollyanne, although it did start for me in my teens. And if I didn't marry and have children. I probably would have transitioned. Just wish there was more information and the internet back then.

Huggs, Renee

Around 10 years ago (I was in my 40's)

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I've wanted to dress up as a girl pretty much my entire life, and was dressing regularly for as long as I was old enough to be left alone. The teen years were, however, filled with a lot of doubt and uncertainty. There were many atemps to purge or stop dressing. It was early adulthood, around 19 or twenty, that I finally accepted the I was going to continue dressing for as long as I was able. I was old enough then to travel away from home on my own. I started growing my hair out. I had a job, so I could stop borrowing my sisters things and start buying my own, and I've been doing it ever since.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Total acceptance came about 4 or 5 years ago in my early forties. I've been dressing for as long as I can remember. In the beginning there was a certin amount of denial. As I got older I didn't really accept or deny what I was but I had a hard time putting that label on myself. Then came my forties and a certain clarity came over me. I am completely at ease with being a crossdresser (or transvestite, it dosen't really matter to me). I like who I am, I love to dress, and I know I'm never going to stop. It's amazing how much better you feel when you accept yourself. I know it comes at different times for different people. I just happy that my time came.

About 40 years ago.... When I was 16.... I was looking at a LIFE magazine and read an article on Transvetsites in NYC... I knew then that that whas what I was... or wanted to be... lol I had been crossdressing for 9 years by then...
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-27-2008 at 04:06 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Early enough. I was in my late teens, and I was hooked and admitted it to myself. No regrets since.

I have loved the look and feel of a dress ever since the first time I wore one at age 7. I was in the experimental stages of crossdressing, sneaking three sisters' panties and bras until age 15. Then after I lost my second sister to a freak accident, I dressed completely in her clothes to feel her spirit. At that point I knew that dressing was a calming experience but thought I was wierd for loving to do it.

About that same time I heard the word TRANSVESTITE in reference to males who wore females clothes. I didn't want the stigma of being a transvestite but didn't know any other term. I think I was in my early twenties when I read a Dear Abby from a male who secretly wore women's clothes, and in her reply she refered to it as crossdressing. I liked the term crossdresser and was more comfortable using it than transvestite. So for me it was around age 22 or 23 that I decided that I was a crossdresser, and I've been crossdressing ever since. (And still loving it). Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Like most here, it hits you from an early age, (for me about 6 or 7) wearing shoes, boots, underwear and various bits and pieces from your mothers/sisters wardrobe but to be honest i only have been "fully" dressing for the last few years (35 now) meaning wigs, underwear, makeup etc - the full monty.

Now i am living on my own (last few months) and i am embracing my CD'ing more and more each day, having the luxury to dress when i want - and yes its fab!

i always knew that i was a crossdresser or the term i first heard was transvestite,but was always in some sort of denial thinking that it would probably pass.the same as thing as alot of the other ladies say the older we get the strong the feelings become,this is when you either embrass this wonderful gift or keep fighting it.personally i have embrassed the whole me and would want it no other way.

Great question

I don't really remember the day. I always got turned on by putting on some article of womens clothing, but I never had the desire to go out in public. It was just a private thing I enjoyed that turned me on. I started very young, but never thought about it that much. It wasn't until a few years ago I started to wonder "Why do I do this" and thus began the quest to answer that question. Somewhere in there I stopped and said to myself, "I'm a cross dresser." I think it was when I realized that I had all these fantasies that a lot of others had too. I don't have all the answers, but I understand a lot now.

Laura

As for me in my early teens didn't know what is was called I just thought I was wierd or crazy. Did alot of purging in my early years, then I guess in my late 20's or so I searched the internet and found out I wasn't the only one who liked to dress. As for labels never really liked any of them I'm just a person who likes to dress in womens clothing. I finally came to terms of what I am when I told my SO it was a big relief and she was very accepting and understanding.

http://www.veronicanicole.com

I think I acceted that in myself sometime in the foggy days of my teens back in the '70s. I really don't remember.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Last year it really starting sinking in for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]