Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being clocked

Gold Member
    It's like this - if someone is making a scene cause they detected a CD, they are just making asses of themselves by acting stupid.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

When you are 'clocked' it's more then likely because you are somewhat different then what they perceive as everyday. Now, this can be a good thing or a not so good thing.

Ever wonder what made them laugh? I would like to be honest here, and frankly when I see a cross dresser who overdoes the make-up, or over exaggerates certain body features (yes- I'm talking boobs) I may go oh - my, because they look a little to far out, too extreme. But yet, I also know they could be the greatest person in the world.

We tend to judge people by what they look like, and perhaps that is what we all need to work on ~ just as people, to be more accepting and tolerant of others.
    Doll

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abundantly_me View Post
    When you are 'clocked' it's more then likely because you are somewhat different then what they perceive as everyday. Now, this can be a good thing or a not so good thing.
    Why do people feel the need to say something out loud? What is their percieved benefit from doing that? Are they helping others (who might not know)? Are they defending themselves by saying "I didn't get fooled"? This is the part I want to better understand. Maybe if I ask them when it happens I can learn something. The trick is to be polite enough not to give them more concern. That might be tough.

Gen

The thing that bothers me is I remember all the side ways looks and very
    rare remark , but not the vast majority of times when I dont notice any
    looks , I think we have to face it that about 99% of Cds would not pass close
    inspection ,the best we can do is not get that second look , to blend in
    and if you do get noticed not to give a F&*^8
    Once you can go out in the world and truly dont care what people think
    you have passed .( I am not there yet) I think the vast majority of people that notice just treat us
    as a visual distraction ,like the many other things we see in our daily lives

I think Shelly summed it up in an exacting generality. 1) Ignorance {lots of that} and 2) Tolerance {slowly becoming a litle more prevalant} If more folks engaged the brain before putting their mouth in gear, we all would be a little more comfortable out inthis big, bad world.

I have never figured out why men feel the need to make rude comments to or about cds. I have never thought it enhanced ones manliness. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe clocking a cd makes one more manly.

I remember walking up to a bar to order a drink one Halloween and the guy at the bar standing next to me felt it was necessary to say to me "You make an ugly woman." Since I didn't find this to be a particularly inviting opening line, I decided to just ignore him.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla Ann View Post
    I have never figured out why men feel the need to make rude comments to or about cds. I have never thought it enhanced ones manliness. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe clocking a cd makes one more manly.

I remember walking up to a bar to order a drink one Halloween and the guy at the bar standing next to me felt it was necessary to say to me "You make an ugly woman." Since I didn't find this to be a particularly inviting opening line, I decided to just ignore him.

I think those who feel compelled to make such comments likely have some deep seated insecurity about their own sexual identity. When they see a CDer they are reminded of it and feel compelled to try to reaffirm their maleness.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

There are many reasons, I suppose.

• The person might be intrigued.
    • The person's religious background automatically kicks in.
    • The person might be offended by being fooled, even if there is no interaction.
    • The person laughs or is offensive because they simply do not know how else to react.
    • The person is unsure of his or her own gender or sexual orientation and you serve as a reminder of this uncertainty.
    • The person enjoys puzzles and you represent a puzzle.
    • The person is sexually aroused because you represent something different.
    • The person finds you to be a kindred spirit but doesn't know if approaching you is a good idea.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea M. Forbes View Post
    There are many reasons, I suppose.

• The person might be intrigued.
    • The person's religious background automatically kicks in.
    • The person might be offended by being fooled, even if there is no interaction.
    • The person laughs or is offensive because they simply do not know how else to react.
    • The person is unsure of his or her own gender or sexual orientation and you serve as a reminder of this uncertainty.
    • The person enjoys puzzles and you represent a puzzle.
    • The person is sexually aroused because you represent something different.
    • The person finds you to be a kindred spirit but doesn't know if approaching you is a good idea.
    Andrea is so correct in that may be many reasons. Personally I do not honestly care anymore if I am clocked and over the years have worked on my own self-confidence and inner peace to just fluff off the crude comments. I do have to admit with the growth of the internet tolerance for us gurls has grown. Not to get politically here, well OK Karen you are going to anyway, until we reach a society where one is no longer the "first" (put your own noun in here be it black, female, transgender, etc.) there will be intolerance and bigotry. The best is to put your best foot forward, hopefully in a nice stiletto heel, hold your head, and go forth confidently from any situation.
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"