Thread: Female Voices

Female Voices

I have this to say about trying to sound Female. Do you remember the show 8 is Enough there was an older sister there that had a very deep voice. I used to hear her and think it was a guy trying to sound like a girl. The thing is she was very tall girl as I remember it. Her voice was very deep and I have heard many female voices and I have heard a lot that were very low almost like a male.

So, do not be afraid if you are dressed and someone asks you a question or wants to talk to you, just do your best and enjoy yourself. I believe that is the most important thing, enjoy what you are doing.

Dress like a female, act like a female and do the best you can with your voice and DON'T WORRY what others think. Enjoy yourself and others will sense you are enjoying yourself and you will be accepted easier.

You have to be happy and accept yourself before others will accept you. If you smile the world will smile with you, if not they can, well you know. Just smile and be on your way. Don't ever let on they have hurt you with their words or their actions. Just be the person you are inside.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Aspiring Member

Voices

Yes I do remember her voice. It was a bit raspy sounding at times. She was Lani O'Grady, Sister to Robbie from My 3 Sons. I believe she passed away a while back. So much for trivia.

I have also noticed that many female news readers have relatively low husky/breathy voices that I seem to get close to replicating.

There are many GGs out there with very low tined voices.
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I do remember that show, and that girl. But at that time I never thought about her being a boy!

My own voice is very distinctive, according to all my friends. When I talk to someone on the phone, even without caller I.D. they know right away who it is! And it is deep enough to be definetly male! But you know what, I don't care! If people don't like my voice, don't listen to me!! I dress enfemme a good deal of the time, simply because I find female clothes more comfortable to wear! I go out in public dressed that way, but with no wig and no makeup. Except for maybe some lipstick and a little eye dressing! I am not trying to pass, I am simply a man who likes to wear feminine clothing!! Sorry, kind of got carried away there!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

social babe
    I sound like a male radio announcer , I have been told to keep my voice down by a fellow CDer when we were out.
    SHHH! best I whisper this reply post
    [SIZE=3]Merinda[/SIZE]

Junior Member Anastacia_Sandria's Avatar
    I've got a pretty deep voice, but I've also got a decent amount of practice altering the pitch and tone to do various accents. (I've had a gift for voice altering since I was little) My fem voice should be able to pass in public...I think

Hey Amy, that's really great advice, for anything you do in life. I agree entirely.

I was talking about the voice thing to a GG co-worker recently and she was saying 'oh lots of women have deep voices' and I did reply 'yes, but they're not trying to keep from being read as male', which she had to agree with.

But, really, there are lots of ways you can make your voice sound more feminine than pitch and register, and I find that if you practice a bit and let it come naturally from that soft place inside, that place where you are happy and alive, then it works. Like you said, most people are more swayed by your attitude and happiness than anything.

But I loved what you said.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Hm. If only it were that simple. We do not exist in a vacuum, and "worrying about others" is a less elegant way of labeling "situational awareness." Situational awareness is a critical component in survival at the primal level, and it is a very important part of human socializing.

I do, in fact, care what others think. I also care about who I am. The correct answer is not to buck the system in an effort to quietly (or sometimes loudly) proclaim your individualism (an ideology of self), but to strike a balance between you and society. That is where happiness lies in terms of social acceptance.

As for my voice, I sound like Darth Vader. So, I usually avoid speaking in public while en femme. I have considered going for the "pretty mute girl" look as a result.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea M. Forbes View Post

As for my voice, I sound like Darth Vader. So, I usually avoid speaking in public while en femme. I have considered going for the "pretty mute girl" look as a result.
    definitely got that part right...

As I read posts here, I try to imagine how the people here would sound if I met them dressed, on the street... anyone else wonder the same?

Andrea has nailed it IMHO, I try not to speak too much while en femme even though my voice is not especially low.

I've tried to learn to speak more feminine but there is a lot more to it than simply pitch. I recently order the DVDs from FemImage and I spoke with Denae on the phone so I'm excited about the possibility of honing my femme personna. :-)

Some time ago I thought I would try out my voice, so I went on a chat line as Lesley Ann I had a really good (although expensive) time I was amazed at what men say to women on these chat lines!!! The point of this? I passed, none of the men I spoke to had any idea I was not Lesley Ann. Although I have been out, I have not had the confidence to speak face to face my SO does all the talking, but I will.
    Respect costs nothing.
    Lesley Ann.

When I was out recently, I did talk to a couple of GGs and one of them I talked to later on and asked how I sounded, and she said I sounded like any other lady. I just talked softer and in a lower tone, like Kerrianna said deep from within my female self.
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Alot of guys think a female with a deep husky voice is sexy. Unfortunately I dont have one, awwww
    Bev

It's been a long time since I've been out of the house while dressed. But I got the courage during lunch today to head to the mall. I completely didn't think about talking until I had to ask for a dressing room and to pay for my purchase.

I've never really tried to sound like a woman before, but I definately dressed like one today. I did my best to sound like me. Maybe a little higher in the range than I normally talk in, but still in my range. Like Andrea, I do care what others think of me and it seems noone looked twice today, even after hearing me.

Grace

Amy, you're right about that sister on Eight is Enough. I don't remember her name but I remember the voice. Several more that come to mind are Lucille Ball (after Lucy), Lauren Bacall, and Talullah Bankhead. THey all had deep voices and if you closed your eyes while they were talking, you would swear they were male voices.

I have a deep baritone voice but soften it somewhat whenever I'm out in public. You also nailed it about just having fun and not worrying about others.(They don't know what they're missing) Since I've been out I've found a whole new world of acceptance, and I intend to enjoy every bit of it.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I am one of the more fortunate ones, i always get mistaken for a female when I am on the phone or when someone hears me , but doesnt see me, so i have no problems when i am out as a lady, used to think it was a curse , now I wouldnt trade it for anything

SF Area, Outer East Bay (Pleasanton/Dublin/San Ramon)
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanLaine View Post
    I've tried to learn to speak more feminine but there is a lot more to it than simply pitch.
    A few random tips:

The pitch range of men's and women's voices overlaps. Don't use a falsetto (that's a dead tell), just pitch your voice in the upper part of its natural range.

Speak in the front part of your mouth. Men's voices tend to come from deeper in the throat. If you can learn to whistle your s sounds just a tiny bit, try it.

Loosen your throat and speak in a breathy tone. Men keep their throats tight (to intimidate other men with the tone).

Women use more pitch inflections (up and down swoops). Men tend to speak in a monotone.

Rent a few movies with actresses whose voices you like, and practice mimicking their dialog line by line until you get the hang of it. (Practice while alone, so you won't feel self-conscious.)

Don't cough! A male cough sounds like a lion. If you've got a tickle, clear your throat quietly.

Women use slightly different vocabulary than men. Learn a few handy adjectives and adverbs (sweet, darling, cute, etc.) and practice using them.

Learn to giggle. (You can get away with a falsetto here, as long as you don't squeak.) Guys never giggle; it's just not done.

I'm sure there's more to it than this, but these ideas might help you move along a little.

***Jenna Lynne***

In my brief excursions outdoors, I have not yet had to speak to anyone and the idea petrifies me.

I do talk to myself a bit ( I don't answer though ) ... and like Amy I think my voice sounds different when I am dresssed up. I do not know how it would sound to someone else though.

~Amanda