Thread: "I dont understand why.....

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar

"I dont understand why.....

...a woman can't accept it" This are the words that a female co-worker said to me yesterday. It started when I was working in her department and chatting with her. The subject of crossdressing came up. I told her I have been doing it for 30 years now, but my first two wifes were dead against it. Thats when she said she couldnt understand why women don't accept it. I showed he a few pictures I had on my PDA and she said she would have never know it was me.

I'll be taking applications and screening possible dates

Carroll
    Drumming, My other hobby

Perhaps if this woman had been lied to for years and then found out that the man she married was deceitful, then she might be able to understand.

It's not always the dressing that women can't handle, it's all the trappings that go with it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Perhaps if this woman had been lied to for years and then found out that the man she married was deceitful, then she might be able to understand.

It's not always the dressing that women can't handle, it's all the trappings that go with it.
    Exactly- if you know up front, then you have the choice to accept or walk away. Not so easy years down the line. And the trappings- if I had to deal with what some of the SO's do, hiding stuff, lying, cheating IRL or online you wouldn't see me for dust.
    Fortunately for me, I don't, and I'm lucky enough to be in a happy relationship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have to agree with Sandra on this on. People will accept a lot of "variation" in those they love, but there is little tolerance for lies and deceit. Even in reading this forum, more often than not, it is not the fact that the partner of the SO dresses that is upsetting to the SO, it is the fact that they have not been in the confidence of their mate and have been treated dishonestly.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Absolutely. There is nothing more unsettling or damaging to a relationship than duplicity and deceit. Many SOs would be accepting if they knew fairly early on. If they find out later, they may feel stupid for all the ridiculous throw-away statements they may have made in the past, their failure to spot anything awry and the fact that they've been cheated from knowing the 'real' person sometimes for decades. Knowing the truth makes the person whole and present in the relationship... enabling them to fully participate.

Having said all that, it's not easy to tell someone and I understand how many people find it so difficult.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carroll View Post
    ...a woman can't accept it" This are the words that a female co-worker said to me yesterday. It started when I was working in her department and chatting with her. The subject of crossdressing came up. I told her I have been doing it for 30 years now, but my first two wifes were dead against it. Thats when she said she couldnt understand why women don't accept it. I showed he a few pictures I had on my PDA and she said she would have never know it was me.

I'll be taking applications and screening possible dates

Carroll
    [SIZE=4]I would apply but I'm too far away in Las Vegas. I will go dancing with you if you are ever in LV.

My exwife couldn't handle seeing me as a woman, my exgf saw I was becoming a woman before I did and blew up and didn't contact me for 8 months, now she is a good friend and totally supportive, said she likes me better as a woman.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    It goes to show you, that if you are up front and honest right at the very begaining, you avoid a lot of grief later on. I know not all will agree with me, but If you tell someone about your true self, you have a better chance of finding someone that is right for your relationship
    Drumming, My other hobby