Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question.going to the veterans adm for a physical

First off good luck with your upcoming VA appointment but as far as I'm concerned crossdressing for either gender is a non medical issue but that the more people you come out to the healthier the mindset is.

I am intimately aware of some of the care given in different parts of the country in the VA healthcare System some is very good while others are terrible. There have been a few tv specials that showed some of the aberrant corruption in the vast VA system I only
    hope that in the past few years they have taken some of the necessary
    steps to redress some of these situations .

I'm glad to say we have a great VA healthcare facilty in West Haven, Ct both my father and uncle were patients there for years and they always remarked that the care they received was top quality . We also have Yale and St. Raphael's hospitals in close proximity that all
    share their excellent professionals. good luck....lacie

Be yourself hun if you wish to wear you lingerie then go for it hun what can he say.
    Angie

Since you were not specific Lacie, I will take it that you were referring to me. So I say THANK YOU.

I've been 24/7 now since the first of the year with only about 3 times I have altered my course. One of which was my VA appt back in early March. But as the days pass, more and more, I am determined to be true to myself, as Shakespeare said. For it is when I am that I am most happy and have my inner peace. And that means more to me than anything else--including the VA. For it has been many years in finding it.

I would, at this point, encourage everyone to be "true to yourself" above all else. Even if it means being ridiculed by VA staff. After all, they are bound by legalities to treat us and our medical needs simply because we served our country and didn't run off to Canada or some other place. They OWE us that much! We EARNED it.

And what we wear is of no consequences...not to mention our own business.

im a iraq vet april 01 to 05

i say go in what ever you fell most comfertable in for me i have not been able to come out yet to any of my docs but i do have to say they are very professional when i whent in for my very first visit and he was checking things out he noticed that i have a peircing and he was sort of shocked and he asked a couple of ? about it wich i did not mind but i do have to say the look on his face was priceless

semper fi to all vets

Is the VA like the regular army where you have to line up wearing only your underwear? If not then nobody is going to care.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

No, Trannie. It's not like that.

Va

I have used the VA a couple times to get stitched up when I was between jobs with no health insurance. No CDing experiences to relate but it shouldn't matter to the Docs what you wear. As a general rule your best local Docs won't be found at the VA but I'm damn glad it's there when I/we need it.

Go Navy

Wow...lots of vet's.........well I have good insurance and have a regular doctor. So I don't use the VA much. but my regular doctor does not have a problem with it. And I will say because it cann't be said enough.....thank you for serving.............

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Marie View Post
    Wow...lots of vet's.........well I have good insurance and have a regular doctor. So I don't use the VA much. but my regular doctor does not have a problem with it. And I will say because it cann't be said enough.....thank you for serving.............
    Don't mention it. It was either that or go to Canada and I do not like cold weather.

*winks*

i love being a woman maid phylis's Avatar

Smile the va

wow ,,, all i can say to all of you is thank you for all the great replys and well come home to all of usphylisanne

Smile us navy

Quote Originally Posted by CD Susan View Post
    ex US Navy here too, 1967 - 1971
    i served from 1965 till aug 1967.uss yorktown cvs 10 ,,,vietnamphylisanne

Senior Junior Member Lisa Renee's Avatar

Go Navy

I was in the Navy from 1970 thru 1974. I have never been to the VA hospital only in drab, but the care I recieved was as good as my regular doctor
    Lisa Renee

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    There's a VA facility near Boston that has a specific policy for the transgendered. A friend of mine was the first and after her they got the policy initiated and then down in writing. I don't know if there are any other VA places with such a policy.
    i believe its a system wide policy now, i go to the salisbury va and i was told by my rep to let him know if i had any trouble and he would get invovled quickly and snuff it out, my doc thinks its great that i'm a cd and actually flirts with me in front of his nurses to see their reaction. so it should be no big deal

ex-army cav scout here.
    when in doubt, dress

Smile the va

well i found out that my primary doc is a female.makes life more interesting.phylisanne

Va

Have not been to any doctors in the VA system but my wife was fjirst line support for the VA computer systems and she claims they are the best at what they do and they are the largest medical systems in the US.

ex-Navy Norfolk VA. 66 to 70 one trip to Vietnam thru Canal Fletcher class destroyer

Amber

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Amber-Sue View Post
    Have not been to any doctors in the VA system but my wife was fjirst line support for the VA computer systems and she claims they are the best at what they do and they are the largest medical systems in the US.

ex-Navy Norfolk VA. 66 to 70 one trip to Vietnam thru Canal Fletcher class destroyer

Amber
    dear amber in 66 i was of the coast of vietnam in the tonkin gulf ,love phylisanne