Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would u cure yourself from CDing?

When I was in my late teens and twenties I wanted a cure. now I have come to terms with it and it is who I am, my only regret now is that I did not transition at an earlier age, Being Vivian makes me feel better about myself, and it cured my depression. I am finally free to be myself. I do not want a cure from being a woman.
    Last edited by vivianann; 08-02-2008 at 05:49 AM.

Using the term "cure" implies it is something out of our control. It depends mostly on how one views themself. If it is an over riding compulsion then maybe it is a problem, if a conscious choice then I see none. Only the person themself can make the call if they need to be "cured" or not.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Ts

What would I do with all "HIS" clothes ?

I think if we purged our male clothes then we might be cured.

Quote Originally Posted by nekrina View Post
    I just recently read that it is possible to cure the need for CDing by attending psychotherapies with a high-motivation for change. I never before thought about that and didn't know it was possible.
    you can probably change any aspect of anyone's behaviour with extreme psychotherapy and sufficient motivation

I suggest we start by curing people of their need to drop bombs on each other

this is easy for me NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
    Lets see it's not a health hazard unless I go to a biker bar dressed and ask the boys to buy me a drink, and I'm not hurting any one unless I have to smack some biker guy trying to get a feel so my answer is no!

Yes! That way, I wouldn't have to wear any male clothing at all!

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    No, I wouldn't . I like who I am.

Sarah...

Another yes!!

I would love to be "cured".....
    But as i know i can,t be, i may as well accept and enjoy it!!

Cured of what? You mean there is something "wrong" with wearing women's clothing? Oh no, there is something very right about it. If "they" ever do come up wit ha means to stop one from dressing, I'll be the last one to go, kicking and screaming.

There have been times in my life (into my teens) when I thought this might just go away but the reality is that my being TG is part of my wiring, having been there from my earliest memories. So the answer is no, I wouldn't accept a "cure". I cannot imagine not having my feminine perspective. I look at "regular" guys and actually feel sorry for them, that they cannot even fathom the joy of having a feminine outlook on life. And I dare to say it has a positive effect on my personality and enhances what I bring to the table in my relationships, career and othewise.

Now would things be easier being one gender or the other without this extra baggage? You bet. It's just not someplace I could ever imagine going.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

cure

no no I am just starting to get used to Juanita and i don't want a cure. I am to old to change now.
    I love being a girl

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Karren Hutton;1382275]Oh contrarr!!!

YES!!! In a heartbeat..... If and only if it didn't cost much... If it didn't require surgeory and if it didn't hurt.. Yeah.. I'm not into pain... To be all male or all female would be soooo much easier...

Now before you jump all over my a$$.......... I am NOT saying that I'm not having fun living in both genders... Cause I am.... But the stress on relationships... The cost and the complexity... Some days I just yern for the simple life... Lol.

[SIZE="3"] I agree, but since I have embraced just who I am, and the life I have and even though complex it is full and rewarding. I have many friends I am very active, take so much better care of myself watching my weight, skin care, hair (too much takes alot of time for long hair ask any GG). If life were Icecream who wants just Vanilla, my life at times might be Rocky Road but thats because I'm hanging with a bunch of nuts, but thats what makes it so good. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Kristen Kelly; 08-02-2008 at 11:11 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

For those who know me the answer is yes I would take the cure. I never asked to be a four year old constantly caught wearing bras and panties. I sure would never have asked for the confusing teen years which were bad enough having a real nasty acne problem to mix with the desires to wear a bra under my male clothes. Then throw in all the erotic turmoil of puberty in women's clothes. This led to many bouts of depression and suicide thoughts and one hap hazzard attempt.
    Now lets move into the twenties and believing that once I thought dating and find the perfect women that I would stop dressing. And then further kidding myself that marriage would end it all. So yes I hid it from my perfect woman and each failed attempt to quit would drive me into further unhappiness. I finally told my wife a time when we were so close and such openiness in conversations. Yes for those guessing it means we were about to have our first child.
    I couldn't even say the words myself I choked on them and each breath seemed to denigh me the strength. She finished the sentence for me and has hated a part of me ever since. Years later went I from acceptance to flat out hating cding and myself for not having the strength to quit. All I want is to be one way or the other.
    Oh did I even mention the sexual attraction for other cd's and TS's oh yes. So now I'm bi-sexual as well. An no I never cheated on my wife.
    Sure I love dressing. It was fun and alluring, Comfortable and beautiful. But does it outweigh all the baggage I've allowed myself to accumulate. To destroy my marriage that I was the most ever happy in.
    This is the longest I've ever gone without dressing. I was given the ultimatum stop or it was divorce time. I chose to stop again. This time I've held out for a year.
    The suckie part is that near the end I had support in my cding through friends and family just not in the most important person in my life. I've held out for a year now.
    So yes I would take the pill or go back in time and learn to stop fighting all together and accept. A different path would mean another source of happiness.
    Last edited by sparks; 08-02-2008 at 10:59 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]And I was thinkin' how the world shoulda cried
    On the day Jack Kirby died
    [/SIZE]

My therapist never said anything about needing being cured for cding. The only thing I needed help with was the depression I suffered with from my childhood that had nothing to with cding.

Cure from what? The term implies that there is something wrong to begin with. Nothing could be further from the truth. Would you cure yourself from being right (or left) handed? Would you cure yourself from enjoying the beauty of a sunset (or sunrise)? Would you cure yourself of sensitivity? Would you cure yourself from enjoying the sensuousness of soft things? Would you cure yourself from the ability to observe life from a perspective not normally available to you? Would you deny who you are to appease a misunderstanding and misinformed society? Would you purposely put to death a part of your being? Your soul?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Take a cure? No, no, no, no and no. I enjoy the lifestyle too much and have never felt more happy and fulfilled now that I am 'out'.

For the sake of my dear wife who struggles with it all and never signed up to it and the complications it sometimes causes perhaps but on balance no

mitch

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    No, I've spent a little to much time, money, personal sacrifice, body changes etc, on CDing. It's a permanent road I've gone down with no going back. Now if a cure was available about 20 years ago I might have been tempted.

I can see the slogan now. "Dress for the Cure".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A cure sounds like a nice idea but it has one large flaw

I would not be who I am I would be someone different

I cant say being who I am is easy but at least I know why
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Quote Originally Posted by nekrina View Post
    I just recently read that it is possible to cure the need for CDing by attending psychoterapies with a high-motivation for change. I never before thought about that and didn't know it was possible.

I am very interested to hear from u people if u would cure yourself from CDing or are u too attached to it to get rid off, and feel it's a very important part of yourself.\

I personaly would never do it, cause I like it a lot.
    There's a cure for being narrow minded too. People can widen their minds with a .44. Seriously, why would I cure one of the most rare things about me that doesn't hurt anyone?

Ivy
    It is hard sometimes, but it is only other people that make it hard for me. I dislike the word "crossdressing" on so many levels. If I was stranded on a desert island with a pair of men's shorts and a blue polo tee (for the sake of argument forget about fashioning a grass skirt...), I would still be a "crossdresser". I would still be the same person in my head, and to take some pill or some therapy to rid myself of the things that make me who I am, I would rather be dead.

I agree with the majority above, there is nothing to cure!!!!!!!

No, thanks, not unless it includes wearing lingerie, skirts, and such 24/7. Hugs,Kathy