Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would u cure yourself from CDing?

Would u cure yourself from CDing?

I just recently read that it is possible to cure the need for CDing by attending psychoterapies with a high-motivation for change. I never before thought about that and didn't know it was possible.

I am very interested to hear from u people if u would cure yourself from CDing or are u too attached to it to get rid off, and feel it's a very important part of yourself.\

I personaly would never do it, cause I like it a lot.

I'd rather cure everyone else of their hang-ups with transgendered people. I don't want a cure....it's not a disease. And I enjoy it way too much to quit. But I could do without all the baggage that comes with it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Former Member
    I have no desire to be "cured". Samantha is a very important part of my life. If it ever gets to the point where it is becoming an inconvienence or starts causing me problems, then I may consider it. But for now I am really happy with the joy crossdressing brings me.

I Would Be Very Suspect

There have been many claims in the past about cures. The research has shown they don't work. I would have to see independent clinical studies done before I would believe any snake oil salesman.

Besides why would I give up this gift?

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    kym is an important part of my life just as taylor is, with out one the other would not be able to be the person they are, so no i would not cure myself
    when in doubt, dress

Why be cured of something wonderful???

Very deep and interesting question Nekrina. I think at least for myself there was a time in my life I would have said yes. In my early days like most I thought I was the only one in the world like this, remember this way back before the Internet. Even maybe into my early 20's I would have said yes cure me, I feel like I don't really belong to either gender but that was before I embraced who I really am.

Now I have to agree with both Marla and Samantha. I would rather see the intolerance and ignorance of other people cured, not only in the area of transgenderism but many other issues in the world. Karen is a big part of who I am, how I think, feel, and interact with people. She gives me empathy, feelings, compassion, and even a lot of my sense of humor. Cure me? Why there is nothing wrong with me!
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

Barbarella's cuter sister Sarah_Knight's Avatar
    I worked in psychological therapies for years ... I was an Occupational Therapist in psychiatry for my sins, and a trained counsellor.
    While I know (from first hand experience!) how powerful some psychological techniques can be in changing cognitive processes (the way your brain is wired for daily life) ... I would say that unless a thing is hurting your life (you stay in all day and can't leave the house) then don't change it.
    Frequently the when something becomes an obsessive or preoccupation, then it isn't the thing itself that is unhealthy, but merely a symptom of an underlying tramua/issue that needs addressing.

People can be obsessed with anything ... and if you are worried that your crossdressing is becoming an obsession because its taking over your life, then it could be you are simply using it as a tool to escape issues you don't want to deal with. Maybe escaping your male persona seems linked to escaping problems you have as a man ... (etc etc blah blah ...) if you go in for a whole mess of psychological therapy to get rid of your CD, you may well find that another "obsession" replaces your CD hobby. Say, dvds ... you stay in all day watching films. You are still in avoidance behaviour/mode.
    So the CD isn't the issue ... its a deeper one!

Going in for deliberate work to get rid of an aspect of yourself is something you really need to think long and hard about. What is motivating this? Is it family/partner who want it gone? Then you aren't changing for yourself, but for other people .. and thats going out onto thin ice. I spent one long (and unhappy) relationship changing for a person I was crazy for ... and she was never happy. I finally had to conclude that I was a "piece of work" that would never be complete in her eyes. It took me sometime to really I feel ok in myself again. If you have come to terms with who you are, changing for someone else isn't healthy.

I also hate the use of the word cure when something isn't a diease. You can't cure something that isn't sick. I know that many people would argue that CD is a "sickness" ... but thankfully most of these people live in the 1930's ... and we can leave them there. For people who still believe this, well, once we perfect the time machine we can send them back to the 1930's to be with all the other idiots people who agree with them.
    Last edited by Sarah_Knight; 08-01-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typing passionately ... my spelling went to hell

"Curing Crossdressing" makes crossdressing seem like some evil infliction.

Crossdressing is not bad.
    Crossdressing is not evil.
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing.
    There is nothing wrong with being a crossdresser.

I would like to be cured of those who would attempt to "cure" me.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Cured from what? I am gender gifted and only want to cure those in society who reject us and believe we need a cure or come to Jesus to rid us of our sinful lifestyle.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

we need a cure or come to Jesus
    Who (according to all the movies/paintings) wandered around with long hair and a "robe" that looks very like a dress!

Smile I feel blessed

I don't see it as something that has to be cured. I actually consider myself very lucky to have this side of myself, regardless of the drama that comes with it. I often think of what my life would be like without this side of myself, and all I imagine is emptiness and blandness.

I would love to no longer CD but I would not seek a cure such as this. My ultimate cure/goal would be full transition in every way possible
    Lori

NO, I want to be who I am inside and I am not sick or fixable, I am me.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

I do not need to be cured, CDing is what keeps me healthy and happy.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

This message is bringing out some great positive statements. I almost want the tune "Sisters are doing it for themselves" playing as I read it.

I loved Amy's
    NO, I want to be who I am inside and I am not sick or fixable, I am me.
    Right on!!! ... you can fix me dinner ... you can fix my car ... (you can defrag my hard drive if you must!) ... but you can't fix me!

Did CDing give u any problems in real life progress?

Thanks for all the replies, I pretty much expected that would be the reaction.

I do believe there probably are some people (maybe a lot) who want to get rid of their feminine side but in that case they probably wouldn't be part of a crossdressing comunity like this one. So I guess I won't get a "yes" answer from any member of this site.

It's nice to know CDers have such a positive attitude about their bi-gender.

Something else..

Did crossdressing ever give anyone of u any problems in real life progress?

I remember it did affect me. Like for example sometimes when I had to study for school but didn't cause I had too big of an urge to crossdress and so I got some very bad grades.
    And the times when my parents left the house for a few day and I refuesed to go party with my friends just to be able to CD.
    But every time I fell in love my need for crossdressing disapeared for as long as the love lasted? (anyone of u having same experiences?)

Oh contrarr!!!

YES!!! In a heartbeat..... If and only if it didn't cost much... If it didn't require surgeory and if it didn't hurt.. Yeah.. I'm not into pain... To be all male or all female would be soooo much easier...

Now before you jump all over my a$$.......... I am NOT saying that I'm not having fun living in both genders... Cause I am.... But the stress on relationships... The cost and the complexity... Some days I just yern for the simple life... Lol.

Ohhh. And send all hate mail to me... Tina Dixon.. Somewhere near Clare Michigan!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 08-01-2008 at 07:53 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    That would be like curing me of my taste in good food and wine!

Sure, I culd be cured, if I were vulnerable, but I'm not!

Pish, tosh... Nobody's gonna be messing with my mind any time soon.

Crazy Lady
    To change, there would have to be some benefit. And the time for the cure was 45+ years ago. Now that I am allowing Dee to come out, I have a cause to live for. And I have something that makes up for what I am missing from life due to my beliefs and alien thought processes.

If I had not had crossdressing, and been of a more male thinker, I would have had girlfriends as a teen and gone to dances and the prom. The problem is that I would have probably flunked out of college, gotten some girl pregnant, be on my third wife, doing the wild thing with my wife, have a girlfriend on the side.

What would need changing are all the thought processes, get rid of the girl part of me, and then the CDing would evaporate on it's own accord. Can I be a "Real" man?

Where does it lead to? Well my opinion is that any program that leads to eliminating the CDing, is really only adding another layer of baggage to deal with, usually resulting in suicide.

Me, I have some real baggage from how I was treated when I was growing up different. Give me a male personality without doing a mind wipe and inputting a new reality would just leave the world with a very unhappy, dangerous man on the loose.

Dee

G.G. MEMPHIS,TN. donnasweetheart's Avatar
    I certainly would hope that my CDing boyfriend would not try to "cured", I love him just the way he is, and I love the time I spend with him as Donna.

You can get my heels when you pry my cold dead fingers from them. Gee, that sounded rather profound, didn't it? Ask me this again and I promise that I won't hold back.

Babette

who said we were messed up? I think everyone else needs the help more than we do!

Banned Read only
    the net impact of that would have to be greater than the pleasures of being a CD. IE loosing your family and carrear. Since I'm currently single I don't have to make that choice. But I'd imagine alot of t-girls have had to make that gut wrenching choice.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Didn't know it was a diseases. Is it covered by insurgence ?? Will they pay for my make up, electrolysis, clothes and wigs ??
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.