Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Outted by a hotel

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine XX View Post
    Holy cr@p! Imagine if you had been out en-femme for your first time shopping or sight seeing and had come back to being locked out and having to deal with such unprofessional front desk staff.
    -Christine
    Well Christine, you haven't read my story yet.... that actually happened to me a couple months ago... Story here

The only good thing was that I got creative and demanded someone went up to help me instead of having to go down, but the horror when card didn't work is something I'll never forget!

On the other hand, it's amazing the did that... simply can't understand how they even considered doing it! Hope you get at least an apology Satin because from the answer they gave you, I don't think they'll do anything more than that.
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

Quote Originally Posted by SatinDoll00 View Post
    UPDATE:

I spoke with their "customer care" department. My initial version of the story was this.

- I checked in, the first 2 nights were normal. On the 3rd night, I came back, and my key did not work. I went to the front desk, and they told me that I had been moved to another room. I inquired about the whereabouts of my things, and I was told that no one knew where they were. A manager went to the old room, which was now occupied, and retrieved my items without me being present.

The agent asked me if all of my belonging were accounted for. I told her yes.

She asked me if the staff was courteous. I told her, not really. She asked me to explain.

At this point, I really did not want to bring CDing into the issue, but it seemed as though this was going no where otherwise.

I then explained to the agent the entire story. This seemed to strike her as amusing...so I had to speak with her supervisor.

The gentleman that "helped" me seemed bothered by me and uninterested in what I had to tell him. He said that he had noted the incident, and that their corporate office would investigate the matter and provide me with an explanation, by mail, in 7 to 10 business days!

So. I wait. At this point, I am expecting nothing to be done about this. But I can tell you this...if I have my Choice of hotels in the future, it will not be this chain.

(hint #2 included)
    I've been following this as well (when I can find it) and two things come to mind:

You told your story and some executive wearing pantyhose under his for work pants is wondering how to go about this without drawing attention to himself as well......

And the second is now I know which chain you are talking about and have told DH who's company books entire floors with them for their employees. DH told HR he knows of a case where they moved items without the guest present and that could cause a breech in national security if it happened to any one of them so guess what?

They took that hotel chain off their national list which books up to 500 rooms minimum per year, opting for a different choice in hotels for their employees sticking to one chain, not "lowest price garantee". Besides, most weren't offering wifi at all their locations and kept screwing up on booking and billing.

Hope it makes you feel a little better to know that much at least
    Last edited by waspookie6; 08-08-2008 at 04:19 PM.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Quote Originally Posted by baby beluga View Post
    Can anyone else who has worked at a hotel confirm that housekeeping doesn't know anything about the room's occupants?
    If they know anything, it's just the name of who the room is rented to. They usually don't know how many people are in there, just the actual name of the person who rented it. So, in essence, you could rent a room and put 6 people in there, and it wouldn't/shouldn't make any difference to the housekeepers.
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Nice one waspookie6, I was checking for updates and liked your post!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Quote Originally Posted by JennyRotten View Post
    I am curious to know which hotel chain this is.
    I would like to know the name of the motel/hotel too. When I have traveled en femme (only a few times), I have had no trouble at all. If I had had this happen to me, I would definitely find out the policies, contact a high official of the organization, express my anger, and expect restitution.
    Your treatment in this was appalling.
    warmly, Linnea

I've traveled for work for about 20 years and stayed in many hotel chains around the world and in that time I've been given key cards only to find the room already occupied or had someone try to enter my room because they were just assigned the same room. This has happened maybe 2-3 times to me after probably 1000-2000 nights in hotels.

So here's my take:

- Yes, it stinks that they would do this and if you want to pursue it you may have a legal right - only your lawyer can tell.
    - It's not worth the fight, headache, agony or potential outing so drop it and go on with life
    - Tell all of us the chain and don't give them any more business - vote with your feet and we will help
    - If you're boss is making your hotel arrangements then I would be extra careful and extremely discrete when traveling - ask for a travel agent to do this work or book online yourself
    - When I stay in hotel room, enfemme or not, i assume that I need to take extra precautions
    - always dead bolt the door when you're in the room
    - deploy the Do Not Disturb card to keep housekeepers out of the room whenever anything valuable or sensitive has to be left in the room
    - try to put things away, out of site as much as possible or convenient
    - assume that housekeeping is going to search for valuables in your room - laptops, cameras, ipods or any hot clothes like valuable corsets and so on
    - if you travel to certain countries, assume your room will be thoroughly searched and everything noted and copied (papers, hard drives) by their secret service if you're in any sensitive field
    - Laws governing hotels vary somewhat by state but it's safe to say that a lot of hotel managers weren't straight A students in hotel management school - expect them to be clueless at least some of the time. One interesting fact I learned in at least one state was that once you check in to a room you can stay as long as you want and must be legally evicted. So, that is why sometimes hotels will make you sign an extra document stating that you will, in fact, check out on time.

Lastly, it's simple, as CDers, even if you don't care who knows, we can be vulnerable as you're discovering. It sinks, it's wrong on several levels and I don't like it one bit but it's going to happen, thanks for sharing your story and I, for one, will help you "vote with your wallet" as a response to this.

Sorry this happened...Sue

while we are not (at this point) completely outing the chain, look thru the previous posts, the name is in the posts (normally in BOLD)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Except if I am reading your "hint" correctly that are at least nine name plates listed on the corporate home page.

I really can't believe something like this could happen. That's ridiculous

Banned Read only
    I still don't understand how they could rent the room to someone else, with your belongings still in it.

This is simply terrible. I can only begin to imagine the cold feeling you experienced when it all started to happen when you got back to the hotel.

Not only did they plan for you to move rooms without asking you (what sort of management is that), but they allowed another guest to move into the room you already had and then wouldn't let you collect your own property.

After violating your privacy they then humiliate you both as a guest and a human being when you complain. There doesn't seem to have even been any simple courtesy to you. It just makes me want to hide further in that closet.

I can understand that you don't want to make too much trouble as you were travelling on business and don't want word to get back to your employer.

Fortunately when I travel I pay my own bills and then claim back on expenses, but I am so careful not to leave things. Our monthly team meetings always meant us staying at the same hotel for a couple of nights. One of my co-workers always seemed to be nosing around, and I guess he thought I must be having an affair with another team member. If he only knew that the "other woman" I was with was me

A few years ago I did get allocated a room that already had someone else already in. Fortunately they were out but as soon as I stepped in the room it was clear that it was already occupied and I went straight back to the desk. Many apologies, and they put it down to mixing the room numbers up.

A car salesman I know says his best customers are those that keep coming back, and recommend his company to others. It works the other way too. I read somewhere that if you have good service somewhere you tell 5 other people, but if you have bad service you tell 20. Well I guess there's more than 20 of us who will aim to ensure that these people do not get our business in future.

I do so hope that this all gets sorted out right for you. One good thing has come out of it - you have so many of us here who understand and who care.

Susan

"Junior" Member....... JeneeDavis's Avatar

2 Hotel Horror stories

I have to put my 2 cents in and tellmy stories.

I think you should let it drop if they don't offer something when they get back to you. Being that your bosses name was on the reservation - way too easy to backfire if you push it. Publish the hotel chain name here for all to see... I know I will never stay at this hotel chain - once I know the name.

about 12 years ago i went to my first Be-All in Chicago. I was excited at being able to stay dressed for a few days and was staying alone. About 7:30 on the second day (I think it was a Friday) My phone rings... I answer and they ask me if I was "... so and so..." (My real name).. then they proceeded to say would I be willing to go on the air (local radio staion) to talk about my crossbressign and the Be-All!!! I freaked out... told them no way.. and hung up... i sat there for a while totally freaking out... they knew my real name.. and that I was a crossdresser... I have relatives in the area...what if they said my name on the air?? whaty if they (my relatives) were listening???... I was totally freaking out now... I went downstairs to the lobby (not en fem) and spoke with one of the organizers - we went to the hotel management - and they denied that anyone gave out my name to anyone.. (NO one knew I was there). Well - long story short - nothing happened... but i was really nervous the rest of my stay there.. I thought i had been outed. My company's home office was in the Chicago area... I really thought i was dead meat... (I never went back to that hotel either!)

The 2nd event occured a few months ago (last fall) - A girlfriend and I decided to head to Hunters in the Chi burbs. We had stayed in the hotel next to the bar quite a few times and never had any problems. That night we noticed that several men were walking around the parking lot, I figured they were looking for prostitutes and would leave us alone. At about 1:30 we headed back to the room to freshen up and maybe do an outfit change... when we had a knocking at our door... some guy wanted to come in!! We yelled go away - and that we were calling the police... he seemed to go away.. but we were still nervous.. he came back several times asking to come in... I stripped off my makeup and changed back to boy clothes fast and as my roomy was heading into the shower I headed out to scope around and make sure the creep had left.. I walked all the way accross the lot and did not see him or anyone else walking around. I turned around to go back when i saw him come around the corner and stop at our door...he reached down to the door and apparently used a key - the door opened and he went in!!!! I SPRINTED accross the lot and burst in the room.. He was standing beside one of the beds lookng at the suitcase full of clothes there... I yelled at him to get the "f" out. He turned towards me, mouth open, but was not moving to the door... my room mate stuck her head out of the bathroom asking me what was up. She saw the guy just as I threw a round house right and dropped him like a bad habbit!
    I picked him up and kneed him in the face (dropping him again). Then I grabbed him by the back of his coat and threw him out the door... WOW - amazing what adreneline can do for you! (and 4 years of karate! - lol!)
    He got up and ran off... My room mate came out with a towel wrapped around her asking what the hell had just happened! I explained to her what had occured and then we discovered that I had literally knocked him right out of his shoes!!! LOL!! They were laying on the floor right were he was standing.. I then threw them out into the parking lot. It turns out he had gone to the front desk and asked for a key to our room - and they gave him one! With no id!! Last time we ever stayed there!! We did not want any hassle - the "fun" night was over - neither of us slept well...and we both left rather early the next day. So these things do happen.. best to plan ahead in case things do happen. I always pack boy clothes and leave them in my car along with a towel and makeup remover. And always take my car key with me.. just in case...you never know what might happen...

I hope this works out for you... but is your job worth a free night at a hotel you probably NEVER want to go back to ever again?!?!
    Hugs.
    Jen

Wow, Jenee, I am in shock over your second story. I'm glad you and your roommate are all right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_Banana View Post
    If you have a do not disturb sign, no one is going to knock on the door.
    I dunno about that. Around ten years ago I was staying at the Waldorf Astoria. I had the "do not disturb" sign on the door. I also had the chain on the door. At around nine in the morning, housekeeping tried to enter the room. The chain stopped them from doing so, but there was a mirror on the wall and I'm sure they saw me in my thigh-highs.

Wow Jenee, be glad that was the worst of it with him in your room... WOW!!

scary how these places just let anyone get a key sometimes... wow!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra

Jenee,
    That second story was shocking.

First,the front desk shouldn't have gave him a key. Since they didn't ask for ID,that makes them liable. I work in the hotel business and if someone comes and say they need a new key,we have to ask for ID and make sure they're in the system. If we don't follow procedures,you get fired,no if,ands or buts.

If it was me, I would've loved to drop kick him while dressed femme. He would always have to live with the thought that he got his behind kicked by a CDer.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

gI don't mean to offend you but did this really happen? Why keep the name of the hotel out? we all want to know. Do you realize that you have an obligation to share it with your sisters in the fourm.

Not all hotels are the same. a few years ago I spent some nights at a Best Western chain (in drab), one in Boston and the other in Vermont. in Boston I was treated with courtesy and respect. The staff was friendly and nice and I loved it there, I didn’t want to leave.
    Same chain, but in Vermont. The worst experience ever. Bad service, ;even worst staff and It seemed that I was singled out. They were nicey nice to certain groups of people than others (if you know where I’m going). I was so upset when I left Vermont it made me sick. I began to wonder if the whole state was like that.
    I didn't blame best western but the people that owned that franchise, but best western had an obligation because their name is on it.

My point is, it depends on hotel but not the chain and if something’s wrong complain to everyone and tell people not to give them your business; or at least let people know your experience from that place NAMING IT!!! . you will spare a lot of people problems.

I made another trip to Vermont last year and stayed at another hotel. I saw the hotel I stayed at the last time and they had lost their Best Western name. It’s called something else now. enough people compain and they change things. I know I’m not going to stay there anymore.

so, what was the name of the hotel? I don't think anyone here would want the experience you had.
    Last edited by wannabie; 08-12-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    What a waste of our time. 5 pages of comments and still you have not posted what hotel this was? I am sorry for what happened. Why bother mentioning it if you won't tell us where? I won't be checking this thread any more. As cor Choice hotels, I have never heard of them so I probably wound't have ever stayed there anyway.

Gen

Money Talks

I think you should let us know where and then we can all call!!
    yin/yang

OMG what a horrible violation of your privacy

I'm just as shocked as all the other girls here. You must have been beside yourself. Hotels do make mistakes but the fact you were moved after 3 days sends a very clear message. If you can find a good TG supportive lawyer perhaps you can get a good settlement.

Can you tell us the hotel chain or town?

Paula

This story has to be an exaggeration. why keep the hotel a secret unless you own it or have stock in it.

tell the truth. Did it happen to you or did it happen to someone you know?

Folks... the name of the hotel has been posted several times in the thread in many posts in BOLD by the "CHOICE" of SatinDoll00.

Until SatinDoll00 has reach the point that she feels that she completely wants to says the name... READ the thread (even this post) and you will see the name of the chain.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra

Quote Originally Posted by Christen3042 View Post
    [SIZE="3"]I probably would have said something like "Yes, everything is here except for my diamonds and the $1,200 in cash that was in the dresser."[/SIZE]
    Kristen, you beat me to it

Omfg!

Quote Originally Posted by JeneeDavis View Post
    ... ...you never know what might happen...

Jen
    Jenee, that is totally amazing. I was actually cheering out loud for you as I read how you "evicted" your unwelcome visitor.

Honey, if you ever come to Philly, you have a safe place to stay *huggg*

Traci

Quote Originally Posted by wannabie View Post
    gI don't mean to offend you but did this really happen? Why keep the name of the hotel out? we all want to know. Do you realize that you have an obligation to share it with your sisters in the fourm.
    Why would anyone be under any obligation to post what they choose not too

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    What a waste of our time. 5 pages of comments and still you have not posted what hotel this was? I am sorry for what happened. Why bother mentioning it if you won't tell us where? I won't be checking this thread any more. As cor Choice hotels, I have never heard of them so I probably wound't have ever stayed there anyway.

Gen
    Why is this a waste of your time you are being told that something happened and to be aware it could happen to you

Remember this still has to be resolved
    Just because you want to know it does not mean you have to be told

You have to consider all the facts
    Like being in the closet is a big consideration in what you might be told
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations