Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outted by a hotel

Outted by a hotel

Okay, so I have been traveling for business a great deal lately. This past week, I was staying in a suite for 3 nights. Of course, I had taken some of my things (Morgan's things) with me. My forms, two wigs, a pair of heels, some lingerie, three nighties, and a view skirts and tops.

Well, on the first night, I got in from work, and all was well. I dressed, relaxed, slept. No big deal.

On the second night, more of the same.

On the third night, upon returning from work, I find that my key no longer works. I assume there is some mistake. Let me say, I was a little nervous...but I decided not to panic. It was likely some kind of glitch.

Well, I arrive at the front desk, and the lady working at the desk asks me 'Can I help you?' I explain that I had just been to my room, and that my key did not work. She informed me that I had been moved to another room.

I explained that I had requested no such move, and that my things were still in my old room. Well, she informs me that that simply cannot be the case, because someone else has checked into that room already!!! (okay, now I secretly wet myself, because I knew where this was going)

I ask her, 'Where are my things?' She tells me she has no idea. So she pages a manager. Of course the manager is very apologetic, and says that he will go up to my old room to see if my things are still there. I ask him if I can do that, he says no...that since there is a guest there, that he must do it. So off he goes.

A few minutes later, he returns, with my luggage...packed.

He seems a little, sheepish, at this point, and comes over to me, and says 'You may want to check, but I believe that everything is there.' I am humiliated beyond all reason at this point, and my only response to him is 'Yes, I will...just get me my new room'.

Sure enough, I get to my new room, and all of my items are there...my breastforms, my wigs, my makeup, my bras, my panties, my stockings, my cincher, my skirts, my tops, etc. etc. (and my drab clothes). Of course, the manager, and the person occupying the room I was in previously saw everything that came out of the drawers and went into my bag.

I was so upset, that I could not even dress. I just re-packed everything, and went to the bar. On my way back, the lady at the front desk gave me this really strange, almost shocked look, and then went behind a wall, from which giggling could be heard.

I went back up to my room, and slept. Upon check out the next morning, a different manager was working at the front desk. As soon as I said, I was in room _____ and I am checking out, he did a double take, and then apologized for the inconvenience. Of course, I asked him how that could have happened, and he said he had no idea, but he pulled out a log. He said, let me see what is in the log.

- Room changed from _____ to _____ (4:45am)

- Clothing and luggage still in room (10:05am)

- Guest complaint at front desk (7:10pm)

- Clothing, male and female, removed from room and packed for guest (7:40pm)

He looks at this, shows it to me, and says, they didn't list why they moved you.

Needless to say, I checked out, but with their corporate office number. I wanted a day or so to collect my thoughts before I call them and get all frustrated or angry and say something I shouldn't say.

This was a total violation of my privacy! They allowed a stranger access to my most personal of property. I am really lucky that the person in the room I was in was honest, because he/she could have said there was nothing in the room, or claimed some or all of the items as their own. Imagine if I had left anything really valuable in the room!!

Someone is going to hear from me on Monday, and it will not be a pleasant conversation
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

give 'em hell!

Ouch! I can't believe that! It's beyond rude....

I can't say for sure, but when you rent a room, it's like your home. They cannot enter within unless it's by your permission. Excluding maid service, but that's understood, and then if you refuse it, that's your right. Who knows you might get your next stay for free, if you handle your indignation right. If I were you when you do contact corporate, ask what the policy is first, so you have some leverage right off, before you melt their ear off over the receiver.

I have traveled for over 20 years for work as well as vacations and I have never heard of a hotel just arbitrarily changing a person's room. Outed or not I would have been outraged and probably on the phone to my lawyer.
    Some ask why? Some ask why not? I ask "Does this pump come in a 9 1/2?"

Oh dear Satin Doll,
    Yes Im with everyone else on this, they have totally violated your rights. I would just check like Joy said about their policies and procedures but I would certainly want an explanation and an apology.
    What on earth could they have been thinking of.
    I felt the embarassment as I read your thread what a terrible situation to find yourself in its shocking.
    Let us know how you get on I'd be very interested to know how they are going to get out of this one.
    Bev

That is just not right, no one should touch your stuff and to let another guest into that room while your stuff is in there.......I do hope you give them what they deserve when you contact them.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Unhappy Room change

I can not believe what happened to you. Like those who have reponded thus far I would give them an ear full. Compensation is due you for sure! Regardless of what motivated them to do their duty...no excuse can be acceptable. Please let us know how this all unfolds.

Just to add a bit more they should have at last asked if you would move instead of just doing.

I agree with Josey some compensation is due here.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I am curious to know which hotel chain this is.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Not that this will help your situation (I wish I could, I really feel your pain and embarassment), but this sort of thing happens more often than you may think. I traveled frequently for my last job and I remember several incidents where the front desk screwed up and rented my room to someone else while I was still occupying it, or rented me a room that was still occupied. There are few things more disconcerting than to have the door to your room suddenly open and a total stranger walks in toting their luggage. Your incident certainly takes the cake! You will probably get a free night out of corporate, but, under the circumstances I wouldn't blame you a bit it you took your business elsewhere.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I understand your situation, but must question the thinking of the other guest. IE: I was once booked into a room, and when I got there I saw it was already in use.. I quickly closed the door and went back to the front desk to let them know. I did not stay in the room..Would you?????

Chewies sister-moulted!
    I too am most curious at what chain this hotel belongs too , and although I,m in UK I,d certainly name and shame em firstly on here then to the hotels head office . I,d be most direct in my complaint too . I hope you managed to get the managers name , the girl on front desk and any others concerned ?
    Go get em !

I dont understand why the manager could not let you come back to the room with him to retreive you belongings, or make the other peaple move since your personal belongings were in the room. If I were you I would let them know how they were hiding and laughing at you when you were near the front desk, what they did was a total invasion of your privacy. I smell a lawsuit with this situation, and like the others have posted, we want to know how it all goes for you. I feel really bad for you.

It's beyond horrible. If you want to keep it private, I understand, but I gotta ask. What hotel, what location?
    Last edited by Sedona; 08-02-2008 at 05:39 AM.
    -Sedona

Hotels are subject to police investigation at the time it happens since it is considered "invasion of privacy and personal property" in all states. Unless the hotel can show an officer they have a warrant to allow anyone but hotel personnel in your room while you are still listed as the occupant and fees are paid, they can't even cite "suspicion of illegal activity" as it does not offer such provisions without legal jurisdiction prior to entry.
    If the hotel can show proof of a flood, fire or other "reasonable" maintenance (toilet overflowing etc), no one is allowed to enter the room without your express permission. If they cannot reach you for permission, a log is kept of who entered the room, reason and specific activity while in the room.

As a matter of fact, you can request "personal damages" from the hotel and the members of the corporate board of directors as your personal identity has now be compromised. If you left anything at all that could enable anyone, even hotel personnel, the ability to steal your identity or identity theft, they are liable for full damages.

I'm not saying you should hire an attorney though a strongly worded letter to both the directing manager of the hotel and all corporate members will resolve this matter in a very timely manner. Identity theft is no laughing matter, it costs the average individual approximately $20,000 in a 6 year period to resolve due to filing fees alone.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Give them hell!
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Gold Member
    Well now can't wait to see how this works out, keep us informed.

I would call the main office and complain like I never have before, it is nobodies business what you have or had in your bags and it sure as hell was not right for them to move you without telling you first. I would threaten them with a lawsuit if they don't give you a lifetime free room.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

SatinDoll00,
    Good luck. I can't believe something like that has happened. It sure would be embarrassing. I have traveled a few times with items that I like and I sure would have stressed out over that.
    Please let us know how it turns out. Hopefully it won't make you not carry the things you like to relax in with you on future trips.
    Take care
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Did you get a copy of that log ? If you didn't and they would still do so, I would try and get a copy. I have had a similar thing happen to me, fortunately without embarrassment though. Twice in fact, once where they gave away the room but we discovered that before anything happened and one where the person came up and opened the door. Your story should get some attention at corp headquarters! Little doubt they will give you a chit for a free room.

C.

Did you check your room for cameras or bugs? I think Homeland Security is involved! Seriously that is crap!

[SIZE="3"]I probably would have said something like "Yes, everything is here except for my diamonds and the $1,200 in cash that was in the dresser."[/SIZE]

Smile Another possibility

It is possible that a maid saw F&M clothing and ASSUMED there was another person(S) assigned to the room. The records showed one man registered and there are now clothes "obviously" belonging to a woman.

In addition, the new card key systems -if installed and programmed correctly- are connected to the registration system computers. The interconnect is SUPPOSED to block any new cardkey access to the same room by a new client until the original contract for room rental expires via checkout time/date or deliberate manual entry. The system is designed to prevent exactly what supposedly happened.

Personally I think it was an assumption on the part of the maid staff.

I have stayed in hotels and deliberately left stuff out and sometimes left my nightgown laying on the bed. I always came back to find it neatly hung up.

Once while staying in a hotel for an extended time on a long out of town job, the maids eventually did ask me if I always wore nightgowns or did I have someone sneaking in at night. After my original shock at the question, I "confessed" that I was guilty as charged. The floor supervisor came by one day as I was leaving and asked me where I bought my stuff as her hubby wanted her to wear that style at home for him to enjoy. She said after seeing me in mine, she wanted to see what HE would look like wearing them.

I gave her the info with a big smile.

Christine
    Last edited by Christinedreamer; 08-02-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spacing

Damn!!! That is unexcusable!!! I always leave all my things in my room, makeup on the counter, dresses hung up.... drawer full of fem things... shoes on the floor... matter it looks like a womans rooom since I take very littel male things along... lol But I have never had anything like that happen!! Ever!!! Go get up!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos