Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Outted by a hotel

The gentleman that "helped" me seemed bothered by me and uninterested in what I had to tell him. He said that he had noted the incident, and that their corporate office would investigate the matter and provide me with an explanation, by mail, in 7 to 10 business days!
    That would have instantly had me on the phone with HIS supervisor and if that resulted in no satisfaction then continue up the "food chain".
    There is absolutely NO excuse for you to wait 7 to 10 days for their "excuse" to arrive in the mail. At this point it is a serious customer service issue and IMO their corporate office needs to be raked over the coals.

While others have theorized the reason for the move was the feminine clothing found in the room; their responses (or lack thereof) has far surpassed the outrage of their actions initially.

I think you have a choice to make (yes, I got it ) and girl, if I were you, I'd be ready to initiate a cat fight with whoever got in my way at this point. After being treated like you have been I personally wouldn't be willing to wait 7 to 10 minutes for a response from them.

Follow the motto of the 442nd regimental infantry and "Go for Broke". I imagine they believe you will "calm down" or "forget about it" if they stall long enough. Don't play their game. You are the customer and You are the one who has been wronged

Please keep us posted

Hugs.

-Paula-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

my response.

OK, sir. I'll wait 7 to 10 days. hopefully the news and paper will wait the same amount of time when I call them up so you can hae time to explain why this happened and what you DID (past tense) about it. Also, you'll be in contact with the Better Business Bureau.

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarissa View Post
    my response.

OK, sir. I'll wait 7 to 10 days. hopefully the news and paper will wait the same amount of time when I call them up so you can hae time to explain why this happened and what you DID (past tense) about it. Also, you'll be in contact with the Better Business Bureau.

That will only work if she wants to out herself to the whole world. Right now the knowledge, and possible damage, is limited by the relatively small number of persons directly involved. If she goes to the media they are going to ask very embarrassing questions and publish the answers.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

They don't respect you, you might as well out them across the web.

Lost a corset out of my room I was staying at, to humiliated to report it.

Anna

That is another thing that worries me when traveling with fem items. If the maids figure out that you are the one wearing the items, they may feel bold enough to help themselves to your items because they know you will not report it.

From now on, when I travel, my fem items stay inside my luggage when I am not in the room, and my luggage remains LOCKED.

I am going to wait for their response, and see what they have to say. The more I think about the more infuriated I get.

However, I try to see positive things in situations like this, so I will bide my time, and learn a lesson from the experience.

They better send me a really nicely worded apology and some kind of compensation though, otherwise, I will be making more calls.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

You're right being upset for the way the hotel handled you.
    As about the embarasment, at least for me, it would not be an issue. First of all, you may have female company in your room so it's not unusual to have female clothes there. Also you may be an actor. Or somebody involved in the fashion trade for women. There are many possibilities. Unless they see you wearing the clothes nobody can be sure what your status is.

Something similar happened to me. I worked night shifts. In the evening, before going to work I placed some food in a pot on the stove to heat it but I forgot about it and simply went to work leaving the pot there. After all the liquid evaporated it started smoking and filled the whole building with smoke. People woke up, they allerted the superintendent, she knocked my door but obviously nobody answered (I live alone). They had a key to my appartment opened the door, entered and turned off the stove. In the appartment there were scattered everywhere women's clothes. Too many to invoke a female guest or anything alse.

Well, that's it, I even had no reason to blame somebody, it was my fault.

In the end it was actually a big relief, I'm no longer under pressure and concern to hide my "problem" because everybody already knows it.

(not a whale)
    Quote Originally Posted by SatinDoll00
    That is another thing that worries me when traveling with fem items. If the maids figure out that you are the one wearing the items, they may feel bold enough to help themselves to your items because they know you will not report it.

From now on, when I travel, my fem items stay inside my luggage when I am not in the room, and my luggage remains LOCKED.
    As someone who worked at the same kind of hotel you stayed at, I can assure you the housekeepers don't know shit about the people who stay in the rooms. All they know is that the room is either dirty/clean and occupied/unoccupied, and the only housekeeper who even has knowledge and credentials to use the property management system is the head housekeeper. And even then, she's more concerned about making sure all the rooms are cleaned on time than whose rooms might be occupied by crossdressers.

I am going to wait for their response, and see what they have to say. The more I think about the more infuriated I get.
    You probably would have gone a lot farther by making up a bunch of BS about how you've been a loyal customer to their chain, are a frequent guest, have always been extremely satisfied with the service until now, and don't want them to lose your patronage. I imagine if you acted all concerned and stuff the corporate person you talked to would have bent over backwards to make sure they didn't lose someone.
    Last edited by baby beluga; 08-06-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Give them hell gf. The FREAKING nerve of these asswipes
    unreal

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Completely unreal how the company has made the "Choice" to handle this entire situation so far...

• The front desk / manager.. i would have come unglued or had the local PD on the horn.

• Then the so called "customer care" and how they handled that with a "letter in 7 to 10 days" WTF is that? ...

I understand this could be a bit of a fine line that you don't want to "cross" so you are not outed more... but wow.. i am so sorry this is how they are handling you, your business and this situation.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    I work in an upscale hotel, and I don't think anyone on staff would ever dream of doing anything like that to invade a guest's privacy. When we need to move someone for maintenance related issues, we ALWAYS contact the guest first, and never move or touch anything without the guest being there. If the lock is a little older, and a new key is made, it renders all previous keys unuseable. (I hope it's not my chain, or I'll be embarrassed!)
    Ana

So sorry that had to happen to you.

You have a right to not have your privacy invaded when staying at a hotel. It's up to you whether or not you want other people to know about your crossdressing. And now they won't take you seriously because of it? That sort of thing makes my blood boil.

I had to deal with my privacy being invaded when I was growing up. It's like no one in my family knew the meaning of the word. If they wanted to borrow something that was in my closet, they wouldn't ask. They would help themselves and if they happened to see my hidden stash of clothes then what could I say? If they ever did find anything they sure didn't say anything to me about it, but it's still frustrating.

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonCD View Post
    I'm sorry but no it isn't illegal. If a complaint is made, then management does have the right to go into a room. I've had to do this many times at my hotel
    If you have a do not disturb sign, no one is going to knock on the door. If there is a complaint, however, yes, someone will enter the room to resolve the problem. ALWAYS put out the privacy sign and close the security latch. I use an e-key (I'm a dept manager) and have gone to room for a repair job, only to find the room was rented and occupied between the time I checked the computer downstairs and when I reached the room. I've over-ridden deadbolts and had to apologize profusely!

Hotels/Motels

So sorry to hear about all of your troubles with this Hotel chain. I also commend you for your courage to take this issue up with the corporate office.
    If I had been in that situation, I would be upset,but I also would have just been thankful all the belongings had been retrieved.
    I think you've found your best solution to this unfortunate problem though.
    When I travel, I keep all my "femme things" packed. My fear is that housekeeping "probably" knows that the room is single occupancy, and might suspect an additional person if male and female clothing were found. I also used to take great strides to clean up anything that might indicate a "feminine" stay as well.
    Liz

(not a whale)
    Can anyone else who has worked at a hotel confirm that housekeeping doesn't know anything about the room's occupants?

Quote Originally Posted by SatinDoll00 View Post

. . .
    Nah, I travel a LOT and am typically in a different hotel each week. In over eight years of doing this, I've never hidden my stuff and never had reason to regret it. If you think about it, the house keeping staff are the last people you need to worry about. They KNOW they are going to be the first person suspected if something goes missing and would have to be nuts to take something.
    Besides, at the risk of sounding naive, just because they don't make a hell of a lot of money doesn't mean the cleaning staff are likely to turn to a life of crime. From what I've seen, most are single mothers doing their damnedest to make a living and they aren't going to risk their job to swipe your skirt. ;-)

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

What about your missing watch?

The Cartier solid gold with diamonds one, that turned up missing? U forgot about it because it was packed in a separate gift box for your ________!
    Maybe u can settle with them for half the $25,000 watch value!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hope you get it resolved to a satisfactory level, best of luck

Banned Read only
    What happen to you was bad enough but what really gets me is the professinal manner or the there lack of from the staff! That is B.S. everyone has a fetish never the less most do not want to be exposed if the shoe was on the other foot I am sure they would have acted more professinal.If the staff would have acted as if nothing happened and confessed to thier error nobody would have been the wiser, instead they giggled ,gave you ghoulish looks and made you feel as a circus act. That is not right at all I would demand respect no matter what my clothing I had while staying at thier hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Nah, I travel a LOT and am typically in a different hotel each week. In over eight years of doing this, I've never hidden my stuff and never had reason to regret it.

Ditto.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

false claims

To those who think it wise to claim that there was expensive jewelry oer cash in a room that was "invaded"by another guest or staff I suggest you think that idea through again.

All hotels are insured and indemnified against such claims.

All hotels clearly state that jewelry, cash and any other valuables be stored in their on-site safe or in-room safe to be covered, otherwise their liability is quite small.

In addition, if you decide to try such a scam, you are opening yourself to serious investigation and possible prosecution that far outweighs the humiliation you felt from the original staff invasion of your privacy. You also lower yourself to a position of greater irresponsibility than the hotel staff you originally complained about.

The most practical solution is to inform the hotel staff that , in the spirit of good public relations, you expect to be compensated in some manner for the disturbance.

Without legally acceptable proof of a robbery, assault or other actual criminal activity you have zero chance of recouping anything in court and the lawyers for the hotel will have no compunction about revealing ALL that was seen in the room or deduced by the staff upon entering the room. They can use any excuse to justify the entry. You will have to PROVE it was malicious or extreme carelessness AND that you have suffered an actual loss.

I understand being frustrated and angry but is it really worth all the raised blood pressure expressed here?

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    This is amazing! They had no right to move your items without notifying you. After reading the response from the office I would by pass then and go to the top of the company even if that means calling them every 2 hours! My response to the 7-10 days would be, "You have 3 days before my attorney gets involved to resolve this" I understand that the legal system is bogged down however we must look at this from not only from a TG perspective but from what if you did not have any fem items on you? Would the situation be different or the same?

This could be a legal issue due to the fact they have it noted and it may be reported as well if you left your room dressed they could have it on video that you are a TG, hotels do record everything. The next part is that since this was paid for by the business and not you personally you may want to make sure your privacy is protected from your employer, I would seek legal council personally and not leave anything out in case they send information back to your employer. You could always call the local news station and report to them what happened and that you would like t be anonymous on camera.

I would love to see what happens

Hi all,
    I have been following this thread for a few days, and thought I would throw in my 2cents.
    I spend may nights a month in various hotels. I always have my femme gear, and so far I have never had a similar problem. The times that housekeeping has obviously seen the femme stuff they usually hung it up or folded it neatly. No problems.
    There is no excuse for the behavior of the front desk personnel, but what I find most astounding is that someone would move into a room that was obviously still occupied by someone else, whether it was a mistake by the front desk or not. How rude!
    One time I was given a key by the front desk and it didn't work, neither did the replacement. I had security come to open the door. When he opened the door, there was a couple in the bed. Needless to say they were not pleased. Very embarrassing.
    I have had people try to walk in on me several times. I ALWAYS use the do not disturb sign even when I am not in the room, and engage the chain or deadbolt.
    Good Luck Satin Doll.
    Jaydee

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SatinDoll00 View Post
    UPDATE:

I spoke with their "customer care" department. My initial version of the story was this.

- I checked in, the first 2 nights were normal. On the 3rd night, I came back, and my key did not work. I went to the front desk, and they told me that I had been moved to another room. I inquired about the whereabouts of my things, and I was told that no one knew where they were. A manager went to the old room, which was now occupied, and retrieved my items without me being present.

The agent asked me if all of my belonging were accounted for. I told her yes.

She asked me if the staff was courteous. I told her, not really. She asked me to explain.

At this point, I really did not want to bring CDing into the issue, but it seemed as though this was going no where otherwise.

I then explained to the agent the entire story. This seemed to strike her as amusing...so I had to speak with her supervisor.

The gentleman that "helped" me seemed bothered by me and uninterested in what I had to tell him. He said that he had noted the incident, and that their corporate office would investigate the matter and provide me with an explanation, by mail, in 7 to 10 business days!

So. I wait. At this point, I am expecting nothing to be done about this. But I can tell you this...if I have my Choice of hotels in the future, it will not be this chain.

(hint #2 included)
    I believe that they allowed a huge breach of security by what they did regardless of the CD aspects. I would call back and stress that they put a stranger in your room without any regard for your privacy or possessions. How could this happen. They put someone else in your room during your stay. What would have happened if you were in your room showering or whatever when the new person walks in. They didn't account for your stuff until you returned to the hotel to let them know what happended. The CD part just shows the total lack of prfessoinalism by the management and staff. The contents of your stuff should have been shared with no one. I would get ahold of corporate ASAP. Good luck and I think i got the subtle clue but if i was you i would tell the points i mentioned to every you know to alert them to the lack of security at this chain.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    that is a pretty horrible thing to have happen. I would never leave all my stuff out though. it is always packed up and just luggage full of clothing. Non one should ever being going through it.