Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Outted by a hotel

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar

outed by hotel

Wow, I have read all the post's here on this subject and it covers from one end to the other in reply. You certainly were "violated" and should have gotten a better response from the company and from the hotel management. The chain may not be the problem so I really don't care what chain unless I find out that they are known for this type of thing. I would much rather know what city and hotel so I can avoid that particular hotel.
    I always leave my fem clothes out and have never thought about housekeeping doing anything with my clothes. I guess anything can happen but why should we have to do anything differently than anyone else does at a hotel. Honestly I do not think the mistake was precipitated because of your crossdressing it was probably an honest mistake, a horrible one but it would have been much easier to swallow with some bonifide compassion from the management and from corporate. I was in Florida last week at Marriott Grand Vista resort for the week and the people in the suite next door had a raucus party from 10:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m. and I could not get management or security on the phone to resolve the issue. I handled it myself by knocking on there door and letting them no that there party had gone on long enough and if they wanted to continue I would contact the police. Now I did not want to do that but I got no help from the hotel so I had to. The next morning I explained my problem to hotel staff and management and there response was less than acceptable so I will no longer stay at that Hotel/ time share resort. I also cancelled my purchase so they will get the message and maybe handle some one elses future problems better. Hope you find acceptable closure on your situation.

Question One final question

I would have to ask after all the back and forth about this why no one has asked the question WHY.

WHY would a hotel that had one paying guest in a room move the person to another room to replace guest 1 with guest 2?

Two people accidently assigned to the room makes a somewhat more plausible situation but switching guests for the same room does not.

Anxiously (?) awaiting updates,

Christine

Gosh, I feel like their lucky you just didn't start choking everyone in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    Gosh, I feel like their lucky you just didn't start choking everyone in sight.
    yep. For better or worse, that's what I probably would have done

Good luck, and I'm sorry you had to experience this.

Hugs,

Melissa
    What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun-Radiohead

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/melissa.c.keiper

An Update:

As of Friday, they offered me one night's stay, free, at the same location.

The problem is, I will likely never need to visit that location ever again.

I am calling them tomorrow (Monday) to see if they will extend that to a different location.

By the way...it would not be fair to all of you, my sisters, for me not to disclose the name of the hotel chain. It was Comfort Suites, and the chain behind them is Choice Hotels. They are franchised, so not every Choice hotel is owned or operated by the same folks.

I just wanted to share what happened and hope none of you have the same experience.
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    What a waste of our time. 5 pages of comments and still you have not posted what hotel this was? I am sorry for what happened. Why bother mentioning it if you won't tell us where? I won't be checking this thread any more. As cor Choice hotels, I have never heard of them so I probably wound't have ever stayed there anyway.

Gen
    Sorry. I had not checked in on the forum in some time. Again, I wanted to see what they would do before I posted the name of the hotel.

Also, several people that I know, including my boss, know what happened to me (with all of the crossdressing parts left out). It would not take much for a smart person to put two and two together and figure out who I really am. But, after reading some of the comments, I decided that I did in fact owe it to the other crossdressers here to let them know which chain and which hotel brand it was.

Sorry if some of you doubt my story. Not much I can do to convince you...but I will say this, I learned a lesson from the experience...and if you travel with fem items, you should learn from it as well.

You can doubt me, that's fine. As a whole, it seems that crossdressers are not very trusting people sometimes, and I can understand why. Just take what I related to you here, and do with it as you wish.

Thanks,
    Morgan
    “Truth Hits Everybody"

I do not think any one doubts your story (we are just hoping we don't have the same thing happen to us).

AS was said above, each Choice Hotel is individually owned and run. It would be unfair to hold every Comfort Inn, Clarion Inn, etc liable for what happened.

The girls night out in Warren, Ohio has been going on for over 5 years. The preferred hotel for the girls to stay is the Comfort Inn in Downtown Warren. They totally buy into the GNO concept and encourage the girls to stay there. There is even a special rate given to girls coming into town for GNO.

Jodi

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    AS was said above, each Choice Hotel is individually owned and run. It would be unfair to hold every Comfort Inn, Clarion Inn, etc liable for what happened.

The girls night out in Warren, Ohio has been going on for over 5 years. The preferred hotel for the girls to stay is the Comfort Inn in Downtown Warren. They totally buy into the GNO concept and encourage the girls to stay there. There is even a special rate given to girls coming into town for GNO.

Jodi
    So does the Comfort Suites in Danbury. Similar type GNO event.

Gen

Tell me about he special rates. I usually pay about $120 a night.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabie View Post
    Tell me about he special rates. I usually pay about $120 a night.
    Ask for the special rate. I only pay about $65/night.

Jodi

Ask for the special rate.
    In fact I almost never pay the original asking price. I can almost always negotiate it down. If there was something unsatisfactory, but not unacceptable, about the room you can sometimes negotiate a lower rate when you're checking out.

You can save those dollars for more pantyhose!
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Forget posting here. send them a letter and tell them that you're reporting to every major newspaper in the U.S. and Canada.

maybe it isn't the chain. just an individual with poor judment. happened to me 30years ago .Upsetting ,but get over it. your report sounds like the manager was very respectful

Unbelievable!

I worked in the hospitality industry for six years and that would have never happened there! I hope you really gave it to them!