Thread: Need some wig tips

Need some wig tips

Hello ladies,

I have just opened up my new wigs. They look great but I need to know how to take care of them and get them styled. Any tips or info you can give me?

Ruby

girlie guy
    I'm not one to give advice here, I have the hardest time with this.
    I can never get them to look natural.
    What I have read says to wash, cut and style them just like your own hair but you have to be careful with the 'monofilament' types, not to over-brush or blow dry them

rubydiamond

Well ruby one very important thing to remember is never use a hair brush to come them out. Also i've been told that when washing them to wash with a very mild soap this preventing the monofiliment type from drying out and becoming brittle.

GypsyKaren
    Use a pick instead of a comb to brush it. There are styling gels that you spray on , I have good luck with these. Wash it as little as possible with wig shampoo and pat it dry gently. Put it back in the net it came with and it should go to its' natural form. And invest in a wig stand.
    GypsyKaren

Ruby
    I find wig detangler a great help

Real hair care and synthetic hair care differ as night and day. If they areal hair, you may want to take them to a wig salon for proper styling, unless you know how already.

Some more info is at http://beautytrends.com/cgi-bin/F126...ge=bt_help.htm
    DonnaT