View Poll Results: Which Is The Problem?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cross-dressing

15 7.94%
  • Being in the closet

174 92.06%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Is The Problem?

Which Is The Problem?

Is cross-dressing the problem or being in the closet?

I think this question is straight forward enough by itself. I do think the answers would indicate what actions the cross-dressing community should take. I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

CD or closet, you choose...

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Why is either a problem?
    And, for whom?

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Hide it if you want to but not because you are ashamed of it. I think many anxieties and stress from dressing are due to keeping the secret and living the lie.

Gen

Aspiring Member
    its more a society problem then a personal one.Id love to begin a day and end that day dressed, in the open and forthright. the problem is most people (citizens included) dont agree. im lucky in i get to dress most everyday.

I see neither of the choices as a problem. The problem that I see is a person's inability to accept themselves for who they are.

Jodi

[SIZE=4]I agree with many of the other posts. I don't see either as a "problem". It is an annoyance to be in the closet. It would be great (in some ways) to be out of the closet). But crossdressing is just normal for me. I enjoy it and would not wish for anything else.[/SIZE]

Doesn't get out much. sandcastle's Avatar

Unhappy

Keeping a secret and not being truthful are the most distressful and saddening of all.

Plus all the time-consuming hiding things away and not having them to hand.

Sandra.
    Sandcastle is a bit buried.

I did not vote as I do not believe that crossdressing is a problem. Being in the closet could be a symptom of a problem. The reason one is in the closet whether it is an unsupportive spouse or a refusal to be honest with oneself could well be a problem.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    CrossDressing is not a problem....There simply isn't a problem unless one uses CD to abuse another, or one is abused for CDing. In which case, it is how CD is employed or viewed that introduces a problem.

The Closet is not a problem. It is a solution to a judgmental and threatening world. It is a problem when one is driven into the closet, or we uses the closet to hide from themselves.

No vote from me, cause these are not problems for me, and I can't apply them generally for others.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

I kept it in the closet for too many years because my wife didn't approve, not because I was ashamed of crossdressing. It's much easier to be out now and tell the truth about it.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Tracy, void my vote!

I voted "CDing". Because without my closet, I couldn't/wouldn't CD.

However, in restrospect, I would vote for, " Neither".
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What 'problem'?

Tracey, your question isn't straightforward, to me?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    The reason one is in the closet whether it is an unsupportive spouse or a refusal to be honest with oneself could well be a problem.
    With all due respect, trannie, your answer implies that there are two reasons to be in the closet. There are, of course, as many different reasons as there are people in the closet.

And just because they are "in" doesn't mean that they are not honest with themselves.

For you or anybody else to think it is a problem IS the problem!

Just my

I am sorry that my post was misinterperated, what I meant to say was that there are many reasons to remain in the closet and I presented two of them. Jacqui is absolutely correct in saying there are as many reason as there are closets. I wished to state that the the reason one is in the closet may be a problem.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

My crossdressing hasn't been a problem, but my closet really needs a makeover more than I do!
    GO RED SOX!!!

Suzie

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I am out of the closet and into the yard
    Drumming, My other hobby

I don't see a problem with any of them. I'm happy being in the closet and very happy with my dressing.

In my view nether cross dressing or being in the closet are the problems , it is the people that are putting the constraints on you that are the problems.

joanne

Gold Member
    Pretty easy to see what every one thinks here is, most of us people in the closet just want to get out I think, my self I don't so much as want to be female 24/7 but to go out to CD events and maybe be able to get together with other CD's.

[SIZE=4]I don't have a problem since I came out of the closet....51 OMG full 8-4-08 49 (2).jpg[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Getting out of the door for the first time is the bigest problem.
    But I see what you mean, and the problem of the closet dweller is getting out that door.
    The problem for the walking out girl is the cost, but pleasures cost anyway so what is one extra.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

I hope she'll forgive me?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Silver Member
    Tracy, I did not vote on your poll. I do not see cd'ing as a problem and I left the closet for good two months ago so that is not a problem either. I am just someone that is so satisfied with my life that I do not let little inconveniences become a problem.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    [SIZE=4]I can only give an opinion since I haven't lived in the closet. I made an overnight complete change. and if people didn't like to I didn't care. It did get me fired from complaints by two ignorant people who didn't even know me and a supervisor's supervisor who apparently hates trannies.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    Why is either a problem?
    And, for whom?
    For many that are not on this board or even on the Internet and don't know they are not alone, crossdressing can seem like a curse.

Being in the closet keeps the general public ignorant of how many of us there are and who we are. How diverse we are.

Quote Originally Posted by sandcastle View Post
    Keeping a secret and not being truthful are the most distressful and saddening of all.

Plus all the time-consuming hiding things away and not having them to hand.

Sandra.
    I agree about keeping a secret and lying. Lying to ourselves, to our friends and especially to our SO's. Hiding is very time consuming and a side effect of the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]I don't have a problem since I came out of the closet....[/SIZE]
    I love you Tami! I'm glad you're out there for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    I hope she'll forgive me?
    Niki, I love that picture! and I'm glad your out of there! LOL

By the vote I see it is the closet and I believe this too. I'm methodically coming out of the closet to friends and co-workers. I see this as a way for non-TG people to understand we have been here all along and we are harmless. Also, those that haven't come to terms with their own transgendered feelings, to know that there are CD's out in public, and being accepted, is very important.

Self-acceptance is the first step, whether you stay in the closet or not. But coming out especially to our SO's is first and foremost in my mind.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place