Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What prevents u from fully transitioning?

I suppose the answer may lie in the way we regard just what we do and any progress made. Most of us believe that we are on a journey. For me, my journey is towards perfecting my appearance - clothes, wig, makeup etc. I recognise that this is a superficial journey, but I dont know what else I will want to do after it. For others, it would seem that their journey is more specifically towards a more radical change - that of male to female on a permanent basis, either with or without surgery or drugs.
    Perhaps, as in our careers and life plans we simply need to get to the destination in order to find out - call it kismet.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

If I had the money I would probably do it. I would love to be able to live and feel as a woman but at my age it probably will not happen.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

There's a saying: life's what happens whilst you're making other plans!
    If things had been differant then maybe I might have, I know it makes me sad to think about what might have been so I try to accept what is. I think I need to think about this some more.
    Amanda
    So far in the closet, I've got one foot in Narnia!

Never do anything that seemed a good idea at the time!

Today I am the youngest I'm ever going to be!

add me and message amanda.shaft@hotmail.co.uk

http://amandashaft.hi5.com

The fact that I am a CD and not a transexual.

I've thought about it but i would never fully transform. There's too many risks. I would most likely lose my family and girlfriend whom i love very much. Im very happy being a CD.

Transitioning

I think of it every day. I often wish I started years ago as it would be all over now. The hardest thing for me is finding a way to keep my career going. A girl has to make a living!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I prevent myself from fully transitioning... cause I don't want to be a woman....
    Pretty much the same thing here.

The only way I would do a full transition is that if I could go back to guy mode when I want or need to,plus I also love being a guy.But I know that can't be done, so I'm happy to be just a crossdresser.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I would if I could but I can't so I won't!

Why?

The usual suspects, family + career = responsibility. My adoration of my wife & kids trumps my need to transition so I muddle through things the best I can.

I cannot help but think that had I known in my college days what I know now, I'd have transitioned back then. At that time, the only resource I had was the college library where all of the text on tg issues was highly clinical in nature. I was alone and the available information did nothing for me.

But...had I done so, I wouldn't have my wonderful family today so this is not to say I wish things would have played out for me to transition way back when. My life is what it is, all I can do is try to find balance and support.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Transitioning? No thank you because then I would miss out on the fun and excitement of crossdressing.

Babette

I would like to try. But, it's so hard now. Family, career, friends, mortgage. Geez, if I wasn't such a chicken when I was younger. I've always felt that transition is probably the best course. While attempting transition, I may have decided that I didn't want to go all the way, but I regret not trying.

Just happy as i am.The best of both worlds
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Amazing Member
    In my personal case, I ran into a lot of problems at the CD'ing in public stage, including bullying and even feared for my life. Due to my personal living arrangements, I can't simply walk away from it all.
    Now the issue is that I do not seem to be able to pass well enough to make transitioning feasible anyway. Some posts here from the CD's not interested in transitioning, have tried to devalue our concerns with not passing, but in fact, it is a major worry for those wishing, at some level, to transition. Would I be afraid to go out, except in the evening, and little at all in summer, when my masculine origins would not be as noticeable, if I transitioned? That would not be much of a life.

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Oddly... if I could I would dress every day**, but I have no interest in transitioning. I like the combo as it is. I have had day dreams about it, but they are just little fantasies.

Charlene

** especially if society would just accept me as is... but they won't arrrgggg...

Ohhhhh

Ah, Ladies. Ah, Ladies.
    I would transition in a minute.
    Nothing holds me back (OK, money, a bit ;-0) except my obligations to people that I love.
    I long to be the person that I am, and to love as and be loved as the person that I am.
    I am just trying to set up the people that I love in a responsible fashion, and then go fulltime and wherever that leads. Because I embarked on a life and career before I truly understood who I am, despite my deepest longings, my moral compass will not allow me to exit one life and begin another without taking proper care of my family and co-workers. That being said, I am working aggressively to achieve my goal.
    Never am I happier, or more content than when I express myself as a woman, and I hope in the not-too-distant future to have a chance to do so, all day, every day, for the rest of my life.

I would only want to transition for a few hours, the night, a few days or a week. Then transition back. So far they only seem to be able to do that in the movies. It would just be nice to have a more feminine body at times mostly when getting some more or full femme time. Otherwise I basically like who I am.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Nothing is standing in my way any longer....So you know what that means gurls? Yep, I'm starting on my path. Wish me luck gurls

Well, for me what kept me from doing it was my own fear. And that fear was based on the limited info I had that let me believe that I would never be happy. But that's the fault of the popular media, and I bought right into it. I'm realizing that I've lived this male life in an effort to distract myself from accepting my feelings. Once I got to place's like this, and got out into the real world of Trans, and not the fetish side of it, I learned that there are many Transwomen who lead happy, productive lives, mostly becasue they are now in the right body for them. I have a lot of work to do to overcome the life time of deluding myself about my gender identity. It's not easy, but like one of the other posters said, I'm at the point that my fear of transitioning is being supplanted with the fear of a life not transitioning.

I contemplate transitioning all the time. A huge part of me wants to, but another part of me feels it would be better to hold back and remain a man, just one who dresses up as a woman often.

I'd love to live full-time as a woman. I'd love to be one of the girls, to be able to go anywhere as a female and not be hiding anything (or just go somewhere as a female for that matter - I've never left the house dressed even), and most importantly, to have the body of a female.

That said, I have a billion obstacles in my way. I have a girlfriend, career aspirations, a complete lack of any money whatsoever, a family who wouldn't accept me as a female (much less as a CDer), etc. It's just not feasible at this point in time, nor will it be feasible for many years to come.

If I had zero constraints on me, I seriously might transition, and I would want to start it soon, because I would love to be a woman while still in my 20s (I'm 19 right now). But that certainly won't happen.

It's something I think about all the time, and generally something that I seriously contemplate every single time I dress. But I know it's not happening, whether I want it to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sarah_ View Post
    What's preventing me from fully tranistioning...Well you see the thing is...

Oh wait i have already set a few wheels in motion to start transitioning
    WOW.. I wish that

How do u do that at 18 y. Did u convince your parents to finance u or do u already have a job?

Transition?

I think about it often, but beeing husband, dad, and grandpa are too important to me. Hugs, Kathy

Ive always wanted to be female. But I never knew it was possable, when I grew up in the fifties and sixties. I now know I'll never be able to transition. With a loving spouse and two adult children, it just won't happen. I CD just because I know what I want, and know that I'll never be.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sarah_ View Post
    What's preventing me from fully tranistioning...Well you see the thing is...

Oh wait i have already set a few wheels in motion to start transitioning

I won't lie, I'm completely jealous! I really haven't heard of many people my age starting to transition.

Quote Originally Posted by nekrina View Post
    Do u often / sometimes / or at least occasionally think and wish u could fully transition into the opposite sex.

If so. What are the major reasons that prevent u from doing it?
    Well, there's the little fact that as much as I like "being" a woman, I'm not a transexual......

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Well, there's the little fact that as much as I like "being" a woman, I'm not a transexual......
    Well yeah that's correct for some.

But isn't it already worth transitioning just for the sake of having peace from the constant urge to CD?